Clomid Buddies (moved to LTTTC board)

Norelisa I have read probably every link out there on thin lining. Vitamin E and L'arginine are supposed to work well for improving blood flow. Acupuncture, and exercise are good strategies too. If you are concerned about your lining have your doc check it out by ultrasound, maybe they could put you on estrogen supplements after your rounds of clomid to thicken it up??

Lol Norelisa, I know it takes time but DH on the other hand doesnt want to believe me that it can make a difference. We will be doing his SA next Sunday when I do my CD21 bloodtest, so we will then find out what his Spermcount is. With my luck it will be perfect, and all the blame comes to my side for not being pregnant. I just know if his SA comes back normal he is going to drink beer again.....sigh

We have a schedule for this month (hopefully I will O again). I should be entering my fertile window (if I O on CD14 again) from Saturday, so BD Saturday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday. I hope it works, if we fail this month we will be officialy entering year 2 of TTC :(

If I find it again, I'll post it, but there is a study for recreational drugs and sperm : the SA is done about 30-90 min after the "swimmers swims out", right.. the problem with drugs is that it makes the swimmers swim fast, so it will be taken as a good sign. Problem? Yes, they tire fast.. so they might have a disadvantage if they get tired before they reach the egg... It's a long way ;)

I guess anyways, that these kind of studies won't help him much in understanding.. Hubby took 3+ months after 1st disastrous SA before he was finally trying to cut back on alcohol...and 6+ months before he agreed to start taking supplements..

Norelisa I have read probably every link out there on thin lining. Vitamin E and L'arginine are supposed to work well for improving blood flow. Acupuncture, and exercise are good strategies too. If you are concerned about your lining have your doc check it out by ultrasound, maybe they could put you on estrogen supplements after your rounds of clomid to thicken it up??

I'm doing my next u/s on CD11, so we will check the lining then.. He said I could get injections for it, but as this is our first IUI I kind of wanted to check how it goes first.. But if the lining is no good this time, then for sure next time I'll get injections.. Also, he told me about these pills I can get if the lining is not thick on CD11, so I'll know on Sunday! I take Vit E, but L-arginine is difficult to find here, even my RE said it was not worth going through the hassle to try to find it, apparently Vit E is "better".. I also do acupuncture twice a week (with moxibustion -they light up some stuff that is on the needles, on the belly and the legs..).. So... I guess I'll have to do some exercise.. aaaargh! I am not very sporty ;) hmm.. better try, wish I had a "gym-buddy"...

Thats great Nore that your doc is wanting to work with you so closely on the lining. My lining was on the thin side when it was checked this summer, but I can't find any docs willing to work with me on it unless I decide to do an IUI. So I've just been self treating with Vit E and acupuncture. I also find it hard to do exercise, but I'm aiming for 3 times a week. I do a lunch hour yoga class at work, and then I try to take the dog out twice a week for a long walk in the ravine. Every bit helps I think. Last cycle I also used a heated up wheat bag on my abdomen regularly and my AF was a bit heavier so maybe that did something.

I've told DH countless times that pot makes the swimmers fast at first but then they burn out. His SA was fantastic back in september and so he bought more weed to celebrate *face palm. Now here we are, months later and still nothing has happened. He convinced himself it was my fault, but then when the HSG came up clear and none of my other tests suggested anything he had to admit that clearly that wasn't the case. Supposedly he has finally quit. He's grumpy enough these days that I kind of believe him. If he doesn't manage to quit this go around I think I'll just have to give up on it. I can't keep having this same fight all of the time.

I keep telling myself that 95% of people conceive in 2 years. What is the likelihood that we are in the 5% who doesn't??? There is nothing wrong with either of us except a slightly thin lining which I believe I have been successfully treating (AFs are now always 3-4 days long whereas they were closer to 2 days long in the summer).

Husbands....! Cant live with them and cant live without them. I think it is a very common issue that most people just assume the issue is with the women and that nothing can be wrong with the man. I am hoping DHs SA comes back normal, I would not be able to handle it if we both had infertility issues.

Raspberry leave tea also help to thickin your lining. I havent done much research on it as it wasnt an issue for me.

Ive been googling like crazy, the odds of Oing one cycle on Clomid and not the next. It does seem like a common issue, but no concrete % as to what the odds are. I know they say 80% of women do ovulate in the first 3 months, so yay for me for being part of that 80% but I need to find a % for Oing over consecutive months. Its kind of making me crazy not knowing. Feeling horrible from the Clomid does not help lol

Husbands....! Cant live with them and cant live without them. I think it is a very common issue that most people just assume the issue is with the women and that nothing can be wrong with the man. I am hoping DHs SA comes back normal, I would not be able to handle it if we both had infertility issues.

Raspberry leave tea also help to thickin your lining. I havent done much research on it as it wasnt an issue for me.

Ive been googling like crazy, the odds of Oing one cycle on Clomid and not the next. It does seem like a common issue, but no concrete % as to what the odds are. I know they say 80% of women do ovulate in the first 3 months, so yay for me for being part of that 80% but I need to find a % for Oing over consecutive months. Its kind of making me crazy not knowing. Feeling horrible from the Clomid does not help lol

Cannot find raspberry leaf tea here :(

For your clomid question I cannot help.. Sorry :) hopefully if you o on a certain dose you'll continue o-ing while on that dose..

Norelisa did you try and find raspberry leaf tea online? It's also not available in South Africa in shops (I asked everyone and no one knew what it was) but there is an online herbal shop that do sell it.

DH and I are finally settled in our new house (Its soooooo big :dohh:) Moving from a 1 bedroom bachelor flat to a 4/5 bedroom house is quite the adjustment. Now all we need is our fur baby (only 2 more weeks to wait :happydance:) and a babybump :thumbup:

Belle, I am so sorry you are dealing with all of that. I really hope he has quit for good and you will get your BFP ASAP!!

I got a peak fertility reading on Clear Blue digital ovulation test this morning. We BD'ed yesterday, the day before, and Saturday. Probably will again tonight and maybe tomorrow just in case. Fx!

I am so hopeful for this cycle. I honestly don't know how I will feel or what I will do if this isn't it. I don't think I want to do another round of the clomid. I read that the risk of cancer increases when you use it for more than 6 cycles, and I have already done 4. Hopefully I won't even have to think about that. Both DH and I have been taking vitamins, I have been taking Mucinex, and have used preseed and softcups. If that doesn't do it, I just don't know...

For me, L'arginine, rasberry leaf tea made a difference to my lining. I used to take 1000mg L'arginine, and when I cut it down to 500mg, my lining became thinner, and when I went back to 1000mg, it became thicker again. I also tried grapefruit juice.

I am going to a different doctor for 2nd opinion regarding premature ovarian insufficiency. I read many good reviews about this doctor online.
Feeling a bit nervous, but if this 2nd doctor gave me the same diagnosis, I guess I can be more convinced this might be true, and really start planning...

Anyone tried vitex? I read many positive reviews about it, but also don't want to try alot of random things on my own. I tried soy isoflavone on one unmonitored cycle, and for some reason...I didn't even get a +OPK...
Baby dust to everyone!

I will have to get some of that l'arginine

Rawan I read that myo-inositol is great for promoting egg quality and studies for pcos patients showed that eggs increased in size when using 2000mg a day. Maybe it would help with ovarian insufficiency as well if it's promoting a single good quality egg? There are some supplement blends for egg quality. I'm using Ovaboost. Just started it so can't say much about it. I have a friend with severe pcos who managed to get pregnant within 8 months while using it.

Vitex is supposed to be good for regulating cycles, but you can't take it while using clomid or femara. I will start using vitex to hopefully increase my cycle length if femara doesn't end up working out for me.

Thanks Belle! I will check out myo-inositol. For now I am taking CoQ10 (750mg per day) for egg quality. I bought Vitex, but didn't use it yet, because I wasn't sure if I can use it with Femara.

Lucy, I hear you! This is also my 4th round of Clomid and I really feel like if this is not it, that I dont want to continue on Clomid. The side effects are becoming unmanagable, especially the Blurred vision, it's litterally making me crazy. From what I read it should go away in a few days after stopping Clomid, so I am hoping. There must be other treatments :dohh:

Hi ladies - I'm sorry I've been a bit MIA! Haven't read all of the posts yet but hope everyone is doing alright and hanging in there!

Got a +opk on cd16 and today is cd18 and still no temp rise ugh. I have come to hate bding on schedule and can't wait to see the temp shift so I can stop worrying about it. Not sure why I am Oing so late this month. I have been eating a lot healthier / less and have dropped a few pounds. Hmmm!

Gotta get ready for work but will catch up more later!

Nita, for me what drove me the most nuts with the clomid is that it made it hard for me to sleep! Sleep is precious, lol.

Ask4joy, I am also on CD 18! Had a peak on Clear Blue digital OPK yest morning, and a positive Wondfo OPK last night. My temp was just a bit above the coverline this morning. Hoping tomorrow's temp will confirm. BD'ing on a schedule definitely takes the romance out of it. We have BD'ed Sat, Mon, Tue, Wed, and prob again tonight just to be safe. Really hoping for a temp rise ASAP so it can stop feeling like a chore, lol.

Ya timed BD is pretty awful. But I think at this point if DH and I didn't time our BD we would probably just never do it because we are so burnt out from it all. Its become a chore.

Good luck to those who are awaiting O!

I definitely don't initiate very often outside of the fertile window. That has actually pretty much always been a problem for us. DH hasn't tired of it yet though, lol.

We struggle to BD on schedule too, it does feel like work. DH dont perform too well under pressure, so I wonder whats going to happen next week when (his suggestion) we BD 3 days in a row. LOL, I am starting to check my CM, waaaay too early, but I dont want to miss our fertile days.

Thanks Belle! I will check out myo-inositol. For now I am taking CoQ10 (750mg per day) for egg quality. I bought Vitex, but didn't use it yet, because I wasn't sure if I can use it with Femara.

Femara cant be mixed it with from what i have heard.

Lucy, I hear you! This is also my 4th round of Clomid and I really feel like if this is not it, that I dont want to continue on Clomid. The side effects are becoming unmanagable, especially the Blurred vision, it's litterally making me crazy. From what I read it should go away in a few days after stopping Clomid, so I am hoping. There must be other treatments :dohh:

Femara or Soy Isoflavones.

We are trying the "egg meets sperm" method (you can google it). The theory is that if you BD the day you get a +opk and the next two days, then skip a day and then try one more time that you are ensuring that you are timing things correctly.

We tried it last month and trying again this month.

I'm still at school for parent teacher conferences. Gotta love 14 hour work days...probably great for fertility lol. I keep reminding myself that this is my last year!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->