Clomid Buddies (moved to LTTTC board)

Just to add: I have been quite stressed this month with all the things happening at our flat in the UK (the tenants sublet to w guy (who by now has dissappeared and moved to Colombia) who re-subletted(this time without contract, but according to the people they had a verbal agreement) to 8-9 ppl on social benefits. They have even built a wall in our living room that we aren't able to take down even though it's illegal and a fire hazard because a lady and her twins live there..police is involved, social worker involved, neighbours, our initial tenants and us.. So not sure if the best month that way.. Last time I took clomid (November) on cd11 I had two good sized follicles. But my first u/s in June last year I had a good sized follicle on cd17 and ovulated around cd20-21.

I am googling away but cannot find anything on how to grow follicles yet.. Any tips? What to eat, what to do etc? I'm doing acupuncture on Tuesday before the next appointment..

Oh no Norelisa, sorry to hear about the problems at your flat. Hope it gets sorted out soon. And sucks that you didnt get the trigger :( I hope you will however still be able too this cycle.

Afm, CD13 has come and gone. No EWCM, infact theres not even CM, its completely non existent, just like my previous anovulatory cycles. So I guess, this is another one of those. I am just so over this :( :(

Oh Nore that sounds so awful! I would be so tempted to straighten the place out and then sell it once this was all dealt with. I can't even imagine!! No doubt the stress is affecting your cycles!

To increase blood flow and egg quality start taking 800mg of Vitamin E and the same dose of coq10. No guarantee it will help but that's the best I can think of. You can also try castor oil packs, or a hot magic bag on the abdomen to try to increase blood flow to the area. Poor sized eggs are often due to poor blood flow, which when your stressed your body redirects the blood away from your reproductive organs. Try meditation, yoga, deep breathing or massage to help deal with the stress. Avoid heavy workouts or a restrictive diet

Nita if BDing on schedule is too hard you could always try inseminating with soft cups on those days where you both can't muster the effort. DH and I have promised ourselves we will no longer force ourselves to BD when we don't want too, the soft cups have been a life saver in that regard

Nita if BDing on schedule is too hard you could always try inseminating with soft cups on those days where you both can't muster the effort. DH and I have promised ourselves we will no longer force ourselves to BD when we don't want too, the soft cups have been a life saver in that regard

I need to google this! :haha: it was DHs idea to BD these few days everyday, and I was happy he suggested it, but I just dont see it happening, maybe every other day will work better for us.

Oh no Norelisa, sorry to hear about the problems at your flat. Hope it gets sorted out soon. And sucks that you didnt get the trigger :( I hope you will however still be able too this cycle.

Afm, CD13 has come and gone. No EWCM, infact theres not even CM, its completely non existent, just like my previous anovulatory cycles. So I guess, this is another one of those. I am just so over this :( :(

Im not having much in the way of Cm either...

Sorry ladies on the lack of cm. Is that a side effect perhaps of the clomid?? Still possible you'll still O! I've used EPO to increase the amount of cm I've gotten.

Definately a Clomid side effect, on my previous cycle I had no CM except on the day before O, I had lots of CM. On all my anovulatory cycle I had no CM right through my cycles.

I'm on 100mg Clomid and for like the 5th day in a row have tons of ewcm but still no + OPK...thankful for good cm but frustrated that I can't seem to get that + �� I thought maybe I was in the 2ww based on my O pain and ewcm, wish I wouldn't have screwed up taking my OPK's at a good time the first 3 weeks of my cycle so I would know for sure or not...guess I'll keep dtd till af shows ��

Ugh, I understand your frustration four2five. Clomid is supposed to make it easier to time BD, but it really is not?! I had EWCM on a few days last month while in the TWW, so it might just be that you are in the TWW.

I started looking at the cost of Trigger/IUI and IVF - and I dont think that we can afford one of those right now. IVF would be the equivalent of 5 months salary, IUI 1 months salary and Trigger is about a third of a months salary. We have so much more expenses now that we have moved into the house, that I dont even think we can afford another doctors appointment this month. Luckily, I dont need to pay for the bloodtests. So DH and I will need to think carefully what we should do next.

Ugh, I understand your frustration four2five. Clomid is supposed to make it easier to time BD, but it really is not?! I had EWCM on a few days last month while in the TWW, so it might just be that you are in the TWW.

I started looking at the cost of Trigger/IUI and IVF - and I dont think that we can afford one of those right now. IVF would be the equivalent of 5 months salary, IUI 1 months salary and Trigger is about a third of a months salary. We have so much more expenses now that we have moved into the house, that I dont even think we can afford another doctors appointment this month. Luckily, I dont need to pay for the bloodtests. So DH and I will need to think carefully what we should do next.

On Freegaragesale and Topix you can get trigger for a lot less because its people with their leftover meds.

or call around on your insurance because one pharmacy may be quite different in price than another!

---------------
I just dont have any CM so far, which is weird. Usually i have something!

Nita I hear you, we couldn't afford a trigger shot right now either. DH and I make a good salary but we have very high expenses (we pay close to $900 a month just in our combined student loans, its nuts). I have enough money saved that I could do a couple cycles of IUI with femara in the summer/fall if I wanted, but we couldn't afford IVF. My family has offered to help if we need to go that route, but I don't know what the extent of their help would be. We would likely focus on saving up as much as we could a few months ahead of time and hope that our family would help with the difference. Otherwise we may have to consider medical loan. I'm still hopeful we won't get to that point.

I bought the book "It starts with the egg" and I would highly recommend it. It has all kinds of info about supplements to support egg health, but it reviews the scientific literature behind it. It also goes through and identifies that some supplements aren't helping with anything and others may actually be making things worse (like in the case of L'Arginine, it was found to actually LOWER egg quality and increase miscarriage rates!). It essentially says that if you are only going to take one thing, take coq10! Its good for the men too apparently!

The woman who wrote the book was a poor responder during IVF, she essentially had a cycle cancelled because she had so few eggs. They were telling her, her only option was donor eggs. She then took a few months following this plan (which she outlines in the book) for egg health and during her next IVF they retrieved 21 eggs and 19 fertilized and they ALL made it to blastocyst stage (which like never happens lol). She strongly recommends DHEA for reasons which she outlines in the book. Unfortunately in Canada you need a prescription for that.

We had savings, but put it all into the house (we needed to get away from my in laws) and now we are living on the border, theres no momey for anything. The little bit of savings we have left, is for taxes that we need to pay for a property we sold. I know my family will assist us to do both IUI and IVF if we get to thet point. But I prefer we do it on our own. DH now has the idea of us trying a few months without clomid or anything. I think he also worries about the money. And thankfully he is all up for BDing again today as planned. I was totally bummed, he got sunburnt at work and I can see he is hurting, but he still said we will. Some days he is just really supportive :D

Thanks for the info about the book. Will see if I can find it here, and what it cost lol.

We had savings, but put it all into the house (we needed to get away from my in laws) and now we are living on the border, theres no momey for anything. The little bit of savings we have left, is for taxes that we need to pay for a property we sold. I know my family will assist us to do both IUI and IVF if we get to thet point. But I prefer we do it on our own. DH now has the idea of us trying a few months without clomid or anything. I think he also worries about the money. And thankfully he is all up for BDing again today as planned. I was totally bummed, he got sunburnt at work and I can see he is hurting, but he still said we will. Some days he is just really supportive :D

Thanks for the info about the book. Will see if I can find it here, and what it cost lol.

Aww, youll find a way to make it work! Honestly, sometimes i have no idea how we would/will make it work but it all comes together somehow! I have to get my CD3 bloodwork done next cycle and its $100+ ( out of pocket). Dh is already like " how are we going to do that?" I dont know, we will make a way though!

Chin Up Nita! :hugs::hugs::hugs:

PEAK ON CBADV digi just now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:

Oh im SOOOOO excited!!!!!!!!!!

We wont be doing trigger this cycle but DH has agreed to a long session of BD for the next few days!!!!!!!!

Great news! Glad to hear you got a peak reading!

Nita the book was just over $7 for kindle, which I thought was pretty reasonable!

Man, I'm definitely in the TWW, feeling super irritable lol. I have no doubts that AF will show next week so I'm not symptom spotting or anything. Looking forward to starting femara. I'll just hope for the best

So. Third day with flashing smile on clair blue (I haven't used cheapie opk so guess they would still been negative as no lh surge yet). I hope this means my follicles are thriving and growing.. It is normally only supposed to be flashing two days, right? We'll see this afternoon at my third ultrasound - I have 3-4 u/s included in the package, and if we cannot go through with iui they will let us pay only 2/3 which I think is fair for 3 ultrasounds. Total package price is 12900 thb and at the other hospital we paid 8000+thb just for one ultrasound..

Anyway, on my way to acupuncture now.. :)

So. Third day with flashing smile on clair blue (I haven't used cheapie opk so guess they would still been negative as no lh surge yet). I hope this means my follicles are thriving and growing.. It is normally only supposed to be flashing two days, right? We'll see this afternoon at my third ultrasound - I have 3-4 u/s included in the package, and if we cannot go through with iui they will let us pay only 2/3 which I think is fair for 3 ultrasounds. Total package price is 12900 thb and at the other hospital we paid 8000+thb just for one ultrasound..

No. 2 days of solid smiley=peak.

Flashing means high. You can have several.

Thats great onearth :D glad to hear you got your peak.

Belle, how is DH doing without the weed? Hope he still stopped using it.

Goodluck at your U/S Norelisa :D

No. 2 days of solid smiley=peak.

Flashing means high. You can have several.
Well, I guess in an ideal cycle you only get two flashing :) I just hope it means my body is working with me and growing those 4 tiny follicles I had on Saturday.. :) will find out in about three hours. Normally they grow 1-2 mm per day, anyone heard about them growing faster, like growth spurts? :blush:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->