Clomid Buddies (moved to LTTTC board)

To those who had their DH's SA done - any advice?

Ill be calling the nurse tomorrow to arrange for the drop-off.

Make sure he does it an hour or less before drop off and no sex for 3 days prior especially if it's for fertility issues because they like to see how his sperm is and the only way to do so and get a clear picture is by him abstaining. Also I'm not sure where you live but extreme temperature changes break it down faster so it's best to be kept close to the body while transporting.

My doctor said to put it in my bra when I take it, I thought she was making a joke lol. Now I understand why she said that.:haha:

My DF put it in his inside pocket lol. We just got it in under the wire, they were closing when we brought it in, they're only there from 9 am -11 am our time and only on Wednesdays which is very annoying.

Belle-that's interesting to know...because I am taking L'arginine for my lining...my fertility clinic told me I could take up to 1000mg per day...maybe I should cut down...don't know...

Nore, in the book "it starts with the egg" she details some pretty interesting research about l'arginine. Essentially it is only helpful for those women who are poor responders during IVF cycles. For other women it actually reduced their egg quality (they were less likely to get pregnant and more likely to miscarry in comparison with the control group). After reading that I decided l'arginine was not right for me. I'm not sure if you would be considered a poor responder or not, but thought I should let you know!

Nita it is hard to keep positive. I find it's just become easier not to expect anything

Rawan I was also set to take l'arginine for thin lining but was scared off of it based on the research. It does increase blood flow but having too much blood flow is not necessarily a good thing for egg health (too much nutrients is just as bad as too little). I think if you have compromised blood flow and your Dr recommended it then maybe you're okay? I know vitamin E also improves blood flow without those drawbacks on egg quality, so I've just been taking more of that and hoping it'll be enough

Belle-that's interesting to know...because I am taking L'arginine for my lining...my fertility clinic told me I could take up to 1000mg per day...maybe I should cut down...don't know...

Nore, in the book "it starts with the egg" she details some pretty interesting research about l'arginine. Essentially it is only helpful for those women who are poor responders during IVF cycles. For other women it actually reduced their egg quality (they were less likely to get pregnant and more likely to miscarry in comparison with the control group). After reading that I decided l'arginine was not right for me. I'm not sure if you would be considered a poor responder or not, but thought I should let you know!

Nita it is hard to keep positive. I find it's just become easier not to expect anything

I cant deal with this day. Feeling very down that we might not even have a chance this month. Then Bamn hit me in the face with 2 pregnancy announcements this morning. As I congratulated the one friend, her reply said 'thanks, we are so surprised, we didnt even try' without thinking I told her, please stop making babies and give me a chance as well. :(

Sorry for the vent :( I just had to get it out.

I cant deal with this day. Feeling very down that we might not even have a chance this month. Then Bamn hit me in the face with 2 pregnancy announcements this morning. As I congratulated the one friend, her reply said 'thanks, we are so surprised, we didnt even try' without thinking I told her, please stop making babies and give me a chance as well. :(

Sorry for the vent :( I just had to get it out.

:hugs::hugs: Its ok. Im sure she understood.

I'm sorry Nita, those pregnancy announcements do get easier to handle after awhile. It does seem to hurt more when its someone close to you though.

Sorry if this is TMI, but I had a bit of cramping last night after "finishing," which I usually get when AF is on the way. I'm guessing I'm about 9 dpo today. So I guess a week from now I'll be just starting femara. Is it better to take in the morning or evening? I'll be taking it CD 3-7

I'm sorry Nita, those pregnancy announcements do get easier to handle after awhile. It does seem to hurt more when its someone close to you though.

Sorry if this is TMI, but I had a bit of cramping last night after "finishing," which I usually get when AF is on the way. I'm guessing I'm about 9 dpo today. So I guess a week from now I'll be just starting femara. Is it better to take in the morning or evening? I'll be taking it CD 3-7

I took mine in the evening in case of any SE, theyd be while sleeping.

:D

Thanks ladies, I poured my heart out to my 2 closest friends today and feeling much better now. Getting a horrible skin break out and then the guy whom we getting the puppy from is full of excuses and we can only get her in the morning. Only good thing that came from today was the new pup that stole my heart at the shelter, hopefully she wont get sick and we will get her in a week.

Belle, I take any pills in the evening to avoid SE during the day. I want to ask my doctor to give me femara next round, and I suppose I will take it at night too.

Thanks guys thats such a great tip! I wouldn't have even thought about the SE being easier to deal with while sleeping lol.

I'm on the lowest dose so I'm hoping that I won't get any SE, but I have always been really sensitive to hormone changes/fluctuations cso I guess we will see.

You know, I think acupuncture healed my PMS. I didn't even have any acupuncture this cycle (took a break) and I still have not gotten moody PMS symptoms.... for awhile there I was going completely crazy every month!

Nita I am so excited for your new pups! It will be fun to get to take them home! My little girl is almost full grown now. She's 6 months and is probably getting close to 60 pounds. Her paws still look big for her frame though, so I think she has a bit more growing to do :) She's a very happy puppy and gives us smiles all the time! Pets make things better!

Just checking in. Hope everyone is hanging in there. Congrats on the new fur babies!

8 DPO. While I know it is still early, I am already feeling out. After several days of nice high temps, my temp was lower this morning, but I had rolled around in the bed trying to get comfortable before I remembered to take my temp. But moving around theoretically would increase my temp, not lower it, right? If I was truly obsessing (ok, I am just a tad) I might think it could be an implantation dip, but I haven't had any cramping or twinges or anything. Our timing was perfect, but I don't know, I just feel like it won't happen this time. Obviously I hope I am wrong. Time will tell. Waiting until at least 10 DPO to test. :/

Hi Belle-I've taken femara for 3 cycles so far, and I haven't experienced any side effects. I usually take them after dinner. Good luck on your coming cycle!

Nita-I know it's hard that when people around you are getting pregnant. Alot of my friends are posting baby pictures on their social media...feel happy for them...but also sad for myself at same time...

I am around 9 dpo today...tested with internet cheapie this morning, a faint positive, but could be due to trigger shot.
Baby dust to everyone! :)

Thanks ladies, I poured my heart out to my 2 closest friends today and feeling much better now. Getting a horrible skin break out and then the guy whom we getting the puppy from is full of excuses and we can only get her in the morning. Only good thing that came from today was the new pup that stole my heart at the shelter, hopefully she wont get sick and we will get her in a week.

Belle, I take any pills in the evening to avoid SE during the day. I want to ask my doctor to give me femara next round, and I suppose I will take it at night too.

Hmm, thats weird hes playing around like that.

I'm on the lowest dose so I'm hoping that I won't get any SE, but I have always been really sensitive to hormone changes/fluctuations cso I guess we will see.

At 2.5mg, you shouldnt get much of anything.

Hi ladies - feeling kinda stressed today. DH and I closed on our house yesterday (yay!) but his ex is full of drama and wouldn't let the boys come over last night even though it was our night (they have 50/50 custody). She also told them not to respond to any of their father's texts or calls.

I'm only 8dpo and started having brown spotting today - kinda a lot. I spotted a tiny bit of pink 6dpo. I've never spotted mid-cycle or before 10dpo. BFN on a wondfo. I'm worried something is wrong with me.

Hi ladies - feeling kinda stressed today. DH and I closed on our house yesterday (yay!) but his ex is full of drama and wouldn't let the boys come over last night even though it was our night (they have 50/50 custody). She also told them not to respond to any of their father's texts or calls.

I'm only 8dpo and started having brown spotting today - kinda a lot. I spotted a tiny bit of pink 6dpo. I've never spotted mid-cycle or before 10dpo. BFN on a wondfo. I'm worried something is wrong with me.

Congrats on the house!!
Ex's are very full of drama!!

Sorry about the spotting! Maybe get an updated P4?

Thanks, Earth. What is P4? Progesterone? I've never had my progesterone checked. My OB said it wasn't necessary and my RE looked over my tests and didn't say anything about it.

Our puppy is home!! The guy we got her from, said we can come tonight. And we are enjoying her so much already. Really happy right now. :)

Ask, I would have that checked out. Hopefully its nothing, but rather be safe and find out.

Thanks for alk the support ladies. Hugs xx

Our puppy is home!! The guy we got her from, said we can come tonight. And we are enjoying her so much already. Really happy right now. :)

Ask, I would have that checked out. Hopefully its nothing, but rather be safe and find out.

Thanks for alk the support ladies. Hugs xx

what kind? boy? girl? name?

<--- mom of FOUR! :dog::dog::dog::dog:

Attachments

• IMG_20170209_222311.jpg
    IMG_20170209_222311.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 5

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads