Clomid Buddies (moved to LTTTC board)

Earth, I've had moments like that too where I'm ready to give up everything and quit. This like any journey has its ups and downs. I think the draw to quit would be even stronger for me if I already had kids. Nobody would fault you for stepping away from the madness of LTTTC if that was what you wanted!

I feel like giving up because nothing is working and we are at the end of the road. We cant do IUI/IVF and we are literally stuck here. Its clomid or nothing at this point and due to no response with FE, it makes me very hesitant to try it. There are people that say " well my aunts sister switched and look she has billy".... but thats your aunts sister, not me.

I love my kids, it is a relief to have been able to get pregnant with them but it makes this journey MORE frustrating because its proof things DID work right. :cry:

If you think of infertility as a grieving cycle, I think I'm at the bargaining stage, I'm bargaining that fertility treatments will work for me. If they don't and IVF ultimately fails I will likely become quite depressed before I accept it and move on with life. The thing that I keep telling myself is that no matter how I come out of this (with children or not), I will be okay, and I will have a life worth living.

I feel like im at the same stage. " If we had better insurance" " If we had tried sooner" " if i could just get a better dr"

Whats weird is back in 2015, i went a year with no AF and i was at the accepting stage and then AF shows up and WHAM! All this again.

Lucy, I am sorry you are going through such an emotional time, I can just hope that it gets better for you. And I want to say, dont give up hope. When I am down, I google LTTTC success stories and that actually make me feel better, dont know if that will work for you too?

Onearth, why dont you give Clomid a go? What have you got too lose (except your sanity ;) ) Despite everything, Clomid worked for me, after not Oing for months, and I would recomend it, if the side effects are too bad then atleast you know you tried. I also want to say dont lose hope, if you really want another baby, give it all you got with the resources available. Maybe you will just need a higher dose of Clomid... But you wont know unless you try..

Onearth, why dont you give Clomid a go? What have you got too lose (except your sanity ;) ) Despite everything, Clomid worked for me, after not Oing for months, and I would recomend it, if the side effects are too bad then atleast you know you tried. I also want to say dont lose hope, if you really want another baby, give it all you got with the resources available. Maybe you will just need a higher dose of Clomid... But you wont know unless you try..

IF i did, i wouldnt do it until April. For my sanity and to give myself a break. Plus id have to unpack all of it and im feeling rather lazy. :haha::blush: I know i would not drag it out like i did FE. If 25mg doesnt work, im going to 50 and so on. FE they dragged it on too long at 2.5, then 5mg. In all the times i tried it, i never tried 7.5mg or higher!

Onearth, I totally understand that you want to take a break from it, and I think its a good idea too, like you said, sanity :p
But, I would start on 50mg Clomid, move over to 100mg and then 150mg, if that doesnt work, its only 3 cycles and you know you tried. I know the feeling of wanting a baby so badly, and if I ever get to the point of giving up, I wish I will have some to convince me to try other options. And thats why I want to tell you, to take the chance, heck we only live once. But also, do what makes YOU happy, thats it, just make sure YOU are happy and that you are at peace with whatever you decide. Whether you stop now or go on, all the ladies on here will keep on supporting you :hugs:

Onearth, I totally understand that you want to take a break from it, and I think its a good idea too, like you said, sanity :p
But, I would start on 50mg Clomid, move over to 100mg and then 150mg, if that doesnt work, its only 3 cycles and you know you tried. I know the feeling of wanting a baby so badly, and if I ever get to the point of giving up, I wish I will have some to convince me to try other options. And thats why I want to tell you, to take the chance, heck we only live once. But also, do what makes YOU happy, thats it, just make sure YOU are happy and that you are at peace with whatever you decide. Whether you stop now or go on, all the ladies on here will keep on supporting you :hugs:

:hugs:

OnEarth... I totally understand the frustration of everything working fine before and now suddenly not! Infuriating! I'm sorry you're going through this. I agree with Nita that maybe you give clomid a try! I've been told that usually women respond really well to one or the other so just because femara didn't work, clomid may do the trick. My RE started me on 100mg but I think that's because I whined and said I'm done messing around.

Nita, not trying anything new this cycle other than femara.

But I'm continuing with acupuncture, multivitamin, ovaboost, 500mg Vitamin E, 500mg Vitamin C, 600mg Coq10, B50, fish oils, folic acid, calcium + magnesium, 2000 IU Vitamin D, also EPO after AF until O. I've gotten to be a real pro at swallowing handfuls of pills lol. I think since this is my first cycle with femara I'll probably use OPKs and temp the few days before and after O. We also use preseed regularly, but just as a lube and not internally with those syringes.

Earth, the bargaining stage is hard in it's own way. I hope you'll find relief with whatever you decide to do.

I also hope that this thread will see another BFP soon. I'm on a number of threads that have gone for months now without a BFP, maybe I'm bad luck lol

So our doc wants me to try one more round of clomid 100 mg, and she wants me to come in for a progesterone test on CD 24. This last cycle on 100 mg I o'ed CD 18. I am nervous that another round of the same dosage might not be enough, and that I might o late and not due to the clomid. What do you guys think?

One thing DH said that I keep thinking about is that when it comes to TTC, he doesn't want me to worry about the money in terms of doctors. We are not talking IVF; I hope it never comes to that. But I think he really does want this more than he can say. Breaks my heart, I want to be able to give this to him so badly...

Lucy, if youre Oing on 100, then stay on it.

Ill talk to the dr and DH.

No matter what, this cycle will be a break coming up. (when it does come.....)

Enjoy the break Earth!

Lucy I agree, if you O'd on 100mg then makes sense to stick with that! I'll keep my FX for you this cycle!

Oh my Belle, thats really a handful of drugs :o with all those drugs surely you must be getting a BFP soon. Wow, all I take is folic acid and metformin and I barely remember to take it.:haha:

Onearth, I am glad you are taking the break, I really do hope it heals the pain of last cycle :hugs:

Lucy, remember than Clomid has certain side effects, like drying you up and thinning yor lining, the higher dose you take the worse those SE get, it definately is better to stay on the lowest dose that make you O

AFM - 15 dpo and no AF :(

Ya, since we are unexplained I'm trying to do whatever I can to improve egg quality and lining thickness since that may be part of the issue. I also have DH on supplements lol. It starts with the egg is a pretty good resource on supplements and what works and what doesn't for egg health!

Well I'm feeling much better overall on femara today. Really the only SE I'm having now is bloating, I also had some heart palpitations today but that might have been due to the coffee

Nita, I'm sorry you're in limbo! If AF doesn't show tomorrow it might be worthwhile to test again!

My DH is taking a multi vitamin, but again, he barely remembers to take it though. We both hate drinking pills, I dont think I will be able to take a lot of them daily :nope:

Glad those SE are clearing up :happydance:

Ugh, AF is so annoying, been feeling a few days like she is going to show. :/

Didn't you have a 15 day LP last cycle too Nita? Well if you aren't going to get a bfp then I do hope that AF shows for you tomorrow so that you can get on with things!

I've been taking supplements since June/July (I kinda forget lol). I've switched things up a bit over time, but I've gotten pretty used to taking handfuls of the things. Sometimes I'll quit everything for a couple days, but then I'll get back to it again. Its habit by this point.

Yup did have a 15 day LP last cycle, but hoped it would be less. It feels wrong to wish for AF lol, especially after the BFN.

Nita I'm the same way! In my head if I am bfn at 13dpo I'm just done with the cycle!!!! Hope af comes soon!

Belle, that is a lot of different supplements 😱 Good for you!!!! I am taking prenatal vit and baby aspirin daily but am supposed to also take extra folic acid and vit D. I can't seem to remember everything every day. Baby aspirin is the only one I don't forget.

Hey ladies! I hope I am not too late to jump in on this! I will be beginning clomid after this cycle is over. My DR will be testing me on the 27th to verify that I did not ovulate this cycle either. Very nervous but also feel very blessed to be beginning this so early into my TTC journey. On month 7 of trying. Currently my cycle is from 28-33 days. I never really know what my body will be doing. On CD18 and I have done OPKs for the last 5 days. So far nothing. I recently purchased a BBT so I will be starting that next cycle as well. I have spent the last 24 hours basically reading everything in this post and you girls gave me a lot of hope! Baby Dust for everyone!!!!!!!

I take:
Brazil nuts
Follic Acid
CoQ10
Vit E (morning and evening)
Multi vit
Vit C
Pineapple core after O
And I have made a tick-box in FF that I fill in, makes it easier to remember to take them, or to check if I didn't take them.
Hubby is really just taking his when he remembers, so not everyday..

8DPO... waiting waiting.. waiting..

Hey ladies! I hope I am not too late to jump in on this! I will be beginning clomid after this cycle is over. My DR will be testing me on the 27th to verify that I did not ovulate this cycle either. Very nervous but also feel very blessed to be beginning this so early into my TTC journey. On month 7 of trying. Currently my cycle is from 28-33 days. I never really know what my body will be doing. On CD18 and I have done OPKs for the last 5 days. So far nothing. I recently purchased a BBT so I will be starting that next cycle as well. I have spent the last 24 hours basically reading everything in this post and you girls gave me a lot of hope! Baby Dust for everyone!!!!!!!

Welcome :happydance:
I assume you will be doing the CD21 Prog bloodtest to confirm that you havent Ovulated? Dont feel too down about negative OPKs - I have Od the last 2 months and have never seen a positive OPK (although the last month I didnt do OPKs just to stay sane)

Are you starting of with 50mg Clomid?

I also started on Clomid in the 7th month of TTC :thumbup:

Welcome! I hope you get your bfp on your first round! Welcome to the Clomid world ;)

Lucy, what cycle days does your dr have you on Clomid?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->