Clomid/Clomiphene talk about it here

Reaction score
Can you please share your experience here?
Dose, monitoring, duration, outcome etc.

Done 12 rounds of clomid ( not all at once, I had breaks in between)
50mg
Ultrasound on CD12 to check follicles
Bloods at 7DPO (confirmed I was Oing)
No pregnancy out of any of it.
Horrible side effects nd had a negitive effect on my lining, now taking fermara

Done 12 rounds of clomid ( not all at once, I had breaks in between)
50mg
Ultrasound on CD12 to check follicles
Bloods at 7DPO (confirmed I was Oing)
No pregnancy out of any of it.
Horrible side effects nd had a negitive effect on my lining, now taking fermara

What did it do to your lining?
What were your follicle/s like?

It thinned my lining right out.
My follicles were great sizes nd I always had a lot

It thinned my lining right out.
My follicles were great sizes nd I always had a lot

Were the follicles on both sides, each month, or just one side?

I had 2 detected this cycle and one was 22mm, the other 17mm, this was CD21 (took Clom on CD13-17, as I did not respond on CD3-7).

Lining was 7.5mm, they said preference for 8mm.
Ovulation was confirmed 8 days later (CD29, currently CD34).

Mmmmm I have never heard of taking it so late in a cycle. Y didn't they try 5-9 then???

Yes follicles were on both sides nd I had between 15 nd 21 follicles each month

Mmmmm I have never heard of taking it so late in a cycle. Y didn't they try 5-9 then???

Umm when taken 3-7 there was not response at all. Taken 13-17 under medical advise with monitoring (from 50mg to 100mg) I had 2 follies on the left side, nothing to the right. The previous month, no clomid was 17mm, right side only.
So far nothing resulting.

Umm when taken 3-7 there was not response at all. Taken 13-17 under medical advise with monitoring (from 50mg to 100mg) I had 2 follies on the left side, nothing to the right. The previous month, no clomid was 17mm, right side only.
So far nothing resulting.

Do u normally have regular cycles? The reason I ask is I am confused by taking it so late if u have regular cycles as u would b Oing or close to already b4 u even started taking the clomid.

Not regular no, in the past 4yrs have been anywhere from 27-49 days long. Typically 31-35 days. It coincided with my average ov date (cd 19-21).

Hey ladies, not sure if this will help, but I had 4 natural pregnancies, then got together with my now husband. He has no children. 3 & half yrs ago we got married & seriously started trying although we were not protecting before the wedding. My obgyn gave me 2 cycles of Clomid to.try because hubby was overseas and we were only together every 3 months & doc said flying might be messing up my ovulation. Took the 2 cycles while I was with hubby for 3 months. Nothing. Jump forward to last year we began to get worried, started going thru all the tests, bloodwork, SA's, in April this yr I did an hsg, right after on May 16th I took Clomid cd2-6 and got my bfp June 17th. Who knows if it worked or not, my obgyn did say if it works right away I probably didn't need it. Just thought I would share. Good luck to all of u!

Hey ladies, not sure if this will help, but I had 4 natural pregnancies, then got together with my now husband. He has no children. 3 & half yrs ago we got married & seriously started trying although we were not protecting before the wedding. My obgyn gave me 2 cycles of Clomid to.try because hubby was overseas and we were only together every 3 months & doc said flying might be messing up my ovulation. Took the 2 cycles while I was with hubby for 3 months. Nothing. Jump forward to last year we began to get worried, started going thru all the tests, bloodwork, SA's, in April this yr I did an hsg, right after on May 16th I took Clomid cd2-6 and got my bfp June 17th. Who knows if it worked or not, my obgyn did say if it works right away I probably didn't need it. Just thought I would share. Good luck to all of u!

Do you think the hsg helped?

Probably. But it showed I have 2 open tubes, but I think the combo of everything just gave my body the restart it needed.

I just started and I'm taking clomid from CD4 to CD8 in conjunction with Progesterone, in the form of the Provera pill, the day after I ovulate, which will either make implantation better by improving my lining if I am pregnant, or help my period start up if I'm not actually pregnant.

I don't have any major side effects, but some stomach issues this am. But I've only taken one pill so far sooooo. I guess I'll let you know how it goes! :)

Can you please share your experience here?
Dose, monitoring, duration, outcome etc.

Hi!
I took my first round of 50mg Clomid days 3 thru 7, US on 07/22/13, two "large enough" follicles (may have been more, but not big enough for my dr's liking), 22mm on the L 16mm on the R, Endometrium showed 10.6mm thickness (i guess thats good? :wacko:), did Novarel trigger the same night at 9:30p, IUI 07/24/13, progesterone level today... side effects: weepy and whimpery, some twinges right after the novarel (soooo it could be from that), thats about it :flower: outcome is yet to be determined!

Getting ready to start it and provera, so we'll see...

:dust:

I can report my first clom cycle was a fail.

It worked as in getting me to ovulate and have more than one follicle, but this cycle has come to and end, without a BFP.

Onto another clom cycle possibly... undecided.

At the risk of sounding dumb, what is an HSG?

Tryn4, congrats! :)

Good luck, Jess, Rin, & Melly Belly! Hope it works for you!

Sorry it didn't work this time, 291. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->