Clomid/Clomiphene talk about it here

So I'm CD15, OPKs fading into POS (which is normal for me, that they slowly darken over a few days) and today I had a temp drop (which I've also had before ovulation in the past).

I didn't think I'd ovulate till CD18 or so since this is my first cycle on Clomid, in the past I've ovulated as late as CD24.

Today I'm having some dull crampy feelings on the left side of my low low abdomen. They aren't sharp pains like you always hear about with ovulation pains. But I'm wondering if they are different because of the Clomid.

Anyone with a similar experience?

So I'm CD15, OPKs fading into POS (which is normal for me, that they slowly darken over a few days) and today I had a temp drop (which I've also had before ovulation in the past).

I didn't think I'd ovulate till CD18 or so since this is my first cycle on Clomid, in the past I've ovulated as late as CD24.

Today I'm having some dull crampy feelings on the left side of my low low abdomen. They aren't sharp pains like you always hear about with ovulation pains. But I'm wondering if they are different because of the Clomid.

Anyone with a similar experience?

When i took the Clomid i actually noticed pains around ovulation, but that might not be the case for everyone...they werent sharp, more, twinge-y if that makes sense..like someone tugging on my muscles is the only way i can describe it....it sounds good for you, i have my fingers crossed!

I had horrible pain around ovulation and I was bloated and gassy and very uncomfortable. Hopefully this was your O and you don't get the sharp pains. :)

I had horrible pain around ovulation and I was bloated and gassy and very uncomfortable. Hopefully this was your O and you don't get the sharp pains. :)

I see that your testing date is 8/15...are you going to hold out til then? i never can!!! :haha:

I see that your testing date is 8/15...are you going to hold out til then? i never can!!! :haha:

Yeah, I'm probably not going to make it to the 15th. Normally I start at 8dpo and hope that I'm one of the lucky ones who gets a really early BFP. I've been cramping so much lately, though, that I'm starting to feel like this month is a bust.

I know this may sound harsh, but testing early is counter productive & so stressful for you! By doing that you guys are just increasing the emotional turmoil that we all have been through during ttc. You guys should try (just a suggestion) holding out until your a day late. Maybe you'll get a wonderful surprise if your not over focused on testing. Planning on getting your period & ending up with a bfp is such a weight off your shoulders. And if you get a bfn, it cushions the disappointment because you were planning on getting af anyways. I'm honestly saying this because I've been there done that.

Scan tomorrow to see what the follicles are up to CD13.
FXX this is the month for us...12th month lucky right?

I know this may sound harsh, but testing early is counter productive & so stressful for you! By doing that you guys are just increasing the emotional turmoil that we all have been through during ttc. You guys should try (just a suggestion) holding out until your a day late. Maybe you'll get a wonderful surprise if your not over focused on testing. Planning on getting your period & ending up with a bfp is such a weight off your shoulders. And if you get a bfn, it cushions the disappointment because you were planning on getting af anyways. I'm honestly saying this because I've been there done that.

I tested from 8 dpo on, because i wanted to see my trigger shot bfps fade out, otherwise i probably would have held off, maybe...those hpt cheapies that they send as freebies along with the ovulation tests are just so tempting in their evil little pink packets! added to that, i had never seen another line on a hpt, not even squinters, so i did just so i could say i had seen it one on there, isnt that silly? :haha: it made me feel better, and i was shocked to see them fade, then start to darken again around 11/12 dpo, and here i am...it still is weird though and hasnt hit me that its really true....

No not wierd at all! I do understand! I went thru all of that but I found the disapointing bfn were stressing me out too much! Too much roller coaster emotions...

1 foll. RS.
18.6mm
lining 9. ? mm

I took Clomid CD4-8 (well actually 4-9 because the side effects scared me and I skipped a day and then started back up.) and I've had some little muscle spasm cramps in my lower abdomen/ovary/uterus area, but so far no positive OPK or temp surge. Today is CD19. When I ovulate on my own I tend to ovulate around CD24. But I looked through hundreds of charts on Fertility Friend and there is like next to no one who ovulated later than CD21 and got pregnant.

When do you girls ovulate on Clomid? Do you have PCOS like I do? I'm just worried I won't ovulate at all. I'm not monitored right now because my risk is low. I'm guessing if I don't ovulate they'll up my dose. But I was hoping to respond this cycle even if I didnt get a BFP.

I took Clomid CD4-8 (well actually 4-9 because the side effects scared me and I skipped a day and then started back up.) and I've had some little muscle spasm cramps in my lower abdomen/ovary/uterus area, but so far no positive OPK or temp surge. Today is CD19. When I ovulate on my own I tend to ovulate around CD24. But I looked through hundreds of charts on Fertility Friend and there is like next to no one who ovulated later than CD21 and got pregnant.

When do you girls ovulate on Clomid? Do you have PCOS like I do? I'm just worried I won't ovulate at all. I'm not monitored right now because my risk is low. I'm guessing if I don't ovulate they'll up my dose. But I was hoping to respond this cycle even if I didnt get a BFP.

U really should have took the last pill, I no it only sounds like 1 pill bu it makes all the world of difference. Docs dnt give u something to not have u take it all.

Clomid can make u O later than normal in some women nd it doesn't matter when u O as long as ur LP is fine.

I did take the last pill. I was supposed to take it CD4 to 8 but after two days the side effects scared me and I did not take a pill on CD6. After I reached out on here and talked to my nurse I started back up on CD7 and took the last three pills. The nurse didn't think it would matter much.

either way u missed a pill nd it does make a difference, but none the less ur past that time now nd it's just matter of waiting to O.

R u being monitored with follicle scans nd bloods?

I didn't miss a pill though? I took all five.

No monitoring, my Dr said my risk is low and its not medically necessary.

I was not monitored on clomid either. I dont think it did anything for me anyway. I ov'd on the same cd I usually ov on.

Hi, I have a few questions about clomid side effects and how long they last. I took 50mg CD5-9 this cycle. I didn't ovulate until CD24 And now I'm at 10dpo. I've experienced some weird side effects throughout my cycle but this week things have gotten really bad. I've been extremely nauseous and having digestive issues including vomiting tonight. This never happens to me during the week before AF. I can get pretty bad cramping and mood swings during PMS but never nausea like this. Because I could be pg I've been trying to avoid taking anything like pepto bismol. I did have some weird uteran cramping the other day and my bbt is slightly elevated. Do clomid side effects usually last this long into a cycle? Is it too early to be having nausea if it was because I'm pregnant? So far I'm getting back BFN on my tests but it still seems a little early to really be testing. Other side effects I've been having are that certain smells are making me more nauseous, really vivid, weird dreams, more cervical mucus, total exhaustion, a little bit of acne, some dizziness and hot flashes, total loss of sex drive, and major mood swings. It's so frustrating because from what I've read, it sounds like the side effects of clomid are really similar to early signs of pregnancy. PMS is similar too! I know it's a waiting game now but I thought it might help my sanity if I could figure out how long the clomid side effects stick around.

Thanks for your help everyone!

Hi, I have a few questions about clomid side effects and how long they last. I took 50mg CD5-9 this cycle. I didn't ovulate until CD24 And now I'm at 10dpo. I've experienced some weird side effects throughout my cycle but this week things have gotten really bad. I've been extremely nauseous and having digestive issues including vomiting tonight. This never happens to me during the week before AF. I can get pretty bad cramping and mood swings during PMS but never nausea like this. Because I could be pg I've been trying to avoid taking anything like pepto bismol. I did have some weird uteran cramping the other day and my bbt is slightly elevated. Do clomid side effects usually last this long into a cycle? Is it too early to be having nausea if it was because I'm pregnant? So far I'm getting back BFN on my tests but it still seems a little early to really be testing. Other side effects I've been having are that certain smells are making me more nauseous, really vivid, weird dreams, more cervical mucus, total exhaustion, a little bit of acne, some dizziness and hot flashes, total loss of sex drive, and major mood swings. It's so frustrating because from what I've read, it sounds like the side effects of clomid are really similar to early signs of pregnancy. PMS is similar too! I know it's a waiting game now but I thought it might help my sanity if I could figure out how long the clomid side effects stick around.

Thanks for your help everyone!

Before I reply to you I have to say I am so glad you posted, that you O'ed after CD18. I'm on CD22 and I still haven't O'ed! So its nice to hear you O'ed just fine after that!

Now to reply to you, those could all be side effects of Clomid, natural progesterone spikes, pregnancy, PMS, anything. There's no way to tell, but it would be normal for any of them. There are lots of women who get BFNs on 10dpo and 11dpo and 12dpo, only to get a BFP a day or two later, you're not out till AF shows!

Is this your first cycle on Clomid?

Hi Jess!

This is my first round of clomid and I wasn't monitored at all though I took my bbt and OPK. I was really starting to worry about the fact that I hadn't O'd and I was shocked when my OPK finally tested positive on CD24. I've read about other women ovulating late in their cycle on clomid and now that we know I do, if I'm not pregnant this time, at least we have a better sense for when my fertile time is! My hubby doesn't seem to understand why I'll be disappointed if I don't get a BFP this month since this is only my first round of the clomid. But I wonder if he just can't get that every month I analyze my symptoms and start to hope that I'm pregnant. This month on clomid I feel like I have more symptoms so it's hard not to get my hopes up!

I hope that you ovulate soon! Good luck! Keep us posted! :)

Hi jenna! This is my first cycle on clomid as well, and I've had all those side effects. I'm 14dpo and expecting AF to arrive today. Clomid can also lengthen your luteal phase. Normally I'm at 10dpo, which is short, and even though it didn't work for me this month, at least my cycle is up to where it's supposed to be.

And like everyone said, it's not over until the witch arrives.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->