Clomid club- any ladies on clomid please join x

Everyone seems to be moving right along!
I don't think I'm going to ovulate this cycle, it feels like AF is on her way and it is cd 31... Sad, I wanna cry, but trying to keep my head up and ready for next month. I'm going to be upping my dose to 100mg and cd 3-7 this time, hopefully that will help. Any other suggestions to encourage my body to do its thing?
Thanks ladies for the support, it is greatly appreciated!

Everyone seems to be moving right along!
I don't think I'm going to ovulate this cycle, it feels like AF is on her way and it is cd 31... Sad, I wanna cry, but trying to keep my head up and ready for next month. I'm going to be upping my dose to 100mg and cd 3-7 this time, hopefully that will help. Any other suggestions to encourage my body to do its thing?
Thanks ladies for the support, it is greatly appreciated!

Why do you think you didn't ov hun? Are you doing opk/temps?

There's not much you can do but wait until you've found the right dose for you. 100mg made a HUGE difference to me - three follies at cd13 which were over 17mm and three that were smaller. They don't want me to do that again & I don't much fancy octuplets so I'm back on 50mg.

They'll find a way to make you ov. It's the waiting that's a killer. If only our bodies would do what they're supposed to!!!

:hugs:

Thanks k 4th yeah this is the fustrating part... how's everyone getting on ?......feels like a lifetime atm....I will keep you posted gl every one xx

Hoping AF will show tomorrow and I can start my first round of clomid Sunday. Fingers crossed x

Hi Fern81, AF arrived today, ughh!! I go into doctors Monday for bw, us, and starting 100mg. I have a sinus infection with swollen gland and AF is here, what did I do to deserve this!? Lol

Oh no, I'm so you are having horrible cramps. Hope you feel better soon, Hun!:flower: I love to lay out by the pool and read with an awesome drink, that's sounds awesome! :)
Hope everyone else is doing in their cycles.

Hey there all the new ladies! Lotsa luck & positive thoughts to you all :)

Ok..... so me = horrible cramps, spotting and feeling absolutely terrible today (almost passed out this morning as I was teaching!); I think this is it! AF! Blughh... But also a relief since at least SOME of my female parts are functioning kinda normally..... hehehe (laugh with a tear)

Buttercup u still testing tomorrow? I'm saving my test for next month. Will be starting next clomid cycle on day 3, will see if it will still be 50mg or if dr will be willing to prescribe a higher dose since I didn't ovulate this month. Will also be temping and charting like a maniac for the first time!

It is sooooo warm in RSA at the moment with temperatures up to 33 degrees Celcius and not even December yet. I wish u could all come visit me and we could lie next to a pool in our bikini's, showing off (!!! lol) flat(-not in my case) tummies, drinking a teeny cocktail and eating rare steak with camembert cheese.... Coz we're not pregnant yet :flower:

GL to all. K4th let us know abt ur scan and Laullypop great news abt ovulation! Terri almost testing time! And all the other ladies lotsa baby dust:hugs:

Hi,
I had hot flashes, mild headaches, tired, acne and AF after taking it was intense.
If your vision continues, let your doctor know.

Lots of luck

Just wondering what type of side effects have you ladies experienced with clomid?

50mg didn't really get any.
150. Very very hot flashed and extremely irritable on a war path ready to yell at anyone. And some mild cramping.

200mg which was this cycle.
I had the hot flashes and I am still experiencing them at cd15. I've noticed I've been very abrupt also that my emotions are running wild. Some things that wouldn't normally upset me are. And I also had the visual side effect not flashing lights but it looked like strings at the end of everything was weird.

Hi Ladies

Just a quick message from me i've not disappeared i'm on holiday in Cyprus for 10 days - limited internet! Really nice to get AF the day before i flew grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!! She is tailering off now thankfully and i'm now just waiting to do an IVF cycle. Ladies sometimes it takes a while to build in your system and other times it just wont work for you. My advice is that if 150mg doesn't work then go straight back and ask for the next step as its not suiting you. You can try Femera or go straight onto injections with timed BD and they almost always work! (((hugs)) catch up when i'm back!

Ladies I expected AF today but I got a light brown discharge yesterday morning when I first woke and nothing else all day. Expected to wake up and have more or AF. Nothing but clear discharge this morning. I completely forgot to do a pregnancy test though.

Do you think I should wait 4 hours without drinking and do a pregnancy test before taking provera or anything? I want my cycle to start so can get on with the clomid x

Ladies I expected AF today but I got a light brown discharge yesterday morning when I first woke and nothing else all day. Expected to wake up and have more or AF. Nothing but clear discharge this morning. I completely forgot to do a pregnancy test though.

Do you think I should wait 4 hours without drinking and do a pregnancy test before taking provera or anything? I want my cycle to start so can get on with the clomid x

Hi Girly

I also expected AF and thought it had arrived Thursday, had the worst cramps ever but then just light spotting which also seems to have disappeared. Phoned my doctor - got no reply and no help. Read up on it - if u didn't ovulate then u most likely will not have a proper period (hormone levels not high enough throughout the cycle). So if pregnancy test is negative u can start the provera and then next round of clomid. If unsure contact ur doctor! Hopefully he/she will actually give advice unlike mine. I also read about many ladies who started clomid without having a proper period first; IF they were not pregnant and if they were not menstruating due to anovulation.

Seeing as my doctor is not helpful, I have decided to try and educate myself... We all have the power to learn more about ourselves! I have a degree in life science and thought I knew a lot abt biology until I realised how little I know abt fertility issues despite experiencing them myself! SO now will just read up and study as much as I can about it. The other ladies on the thread have been EXTREMELY kind and helpful in sharing their knowledge - thanks gals!

So a bunch of us starting a new cycle around this weekend... Buttercup, Girly, MrsMcCurdy, me, Terri (almost; if ur not already preggies :) ). Anyone else?

My battle plan:
* Going to convince my pharmacist to give me a higher dose of clomid since 50mg didn't work at all
* Start taking the clomid today, after 2 days of light spotting will just take this as day 3
* Take 1 sachet Inofolic every day for 15 days, also 1 Staminogro, folic acid, omega-3, and pregnancy supplement
* Try to exercise 5 days a week
* Stop drinking coffee and start eating like a health nut (no more cheating this month)
* Try to obtain a BBT and start temping and charting
* Do my best to be less stressed and very positive this month and enjoy all the BD!
* Pray, pray , pray :)

My sister told me that she is also going off the birth control pill end of the month to try for #2. With her previous pregnancy she fell immediately despite pcos. So now we will be ttc together. So emotional for me.

And hope everyone has a pleasant weekend. Hugs going out to everyone having a tough time with side effects or those ladies who are ill (Buttercup), or just down and out with AF.

xxxxxxx

Hi everyone! I am new to this site, and have never posted before. Would you ladies mind if I ask you a few questions? If I'm not allowed to post here, please excuse me and ignore me. Thank you.

First, I am 22 and was diagnosed with PCOS back in 2011. I have a period almost every month, but it differs in lenght. (One month 28, next 52) Me and DH have been trying to conceive for 3 years now! I've never been on clomid, but are waiting for AF to arrive to start my first cycle. My doctor prescribed me with 100mg and a HCG trigger shot on the day I get my first positive OPK. Is this dosage very high for my first cycle ever? Or am I just paranoid? I'm terrified for overstimulation. Also, won't it thin out my lining?

Again, I'm terribly sorry if I'm not allowed to post here!

Good luck to all you ladies ttc! Hope you all get the bfp soon! Xx

:hi: you're very welcome here riane! I started on 50mg and then tried 100mg but was mildly overstimulated on it. I'm sure your dr has good reason for choosing 100 mg. best of luck!!! So far clomid hasn't thinned my lining but it does with some women. The only way to know is to see what your AF is like - if it starts to get really light you need to talk to your dr about it. Hopefully you won't see AF though!

Nimbec - have a fab holiday!!!

Fern - I like your battle plan. Good luck this month!

Girly - brown spotting could be ovulation spotting. Or implantation spotting. Ovulation would mean you would ideally wait two weeks before a test & implantation could still take up to a week to show on a test. I know it's frustrating when you don't know where you are in a cycle but I'd wait a little longer before taking provera. Especially if you managed to dtd at all around the time of spotting?

Nothing happening for me. Just more waiting. At a friends house tonight for a girly night in - really looking forward to doing something other than thinking about ttc! This is so consuming & exhausting at times.

Hi Fern81, that's a good plan of action! I need to cut back on the snacks and commit to exercising daily. On Monday I go in for cd3 bw and u/s and starting taking clomid. Since my uterus is slightly tilted back I've decided to try IUI, and plan to bd eod on fertile days too.

I started bbt/charting last cycle and I must say it's taking time getting used to. I also temp vag and don't during AF. :shrug:

Wishing u lots of luck!:flower:

So a bunch of us starting a new cycle around this weekend... Buttercup, Girly, MrsMcCurdy, me, Terri (almost; if ur not already preggies :) ). Anyone else?

My battle plan:
* Going to convince my pharmacist to give me a higher dose of clomid since 50mg didn't work at all
* Start taking the clomid today, after 2 days of light spotting will just take this as day 3
* Take 1 sachet Inofolic every day for 15 days, also 1 Staminogro, folic acid, omega-3, and pregnancy supplement
* Try to exercise 5 days a week
* Stop drinking coffee and start eating like a health nut (no more cheating this month)
* Try to obtain a BBT and start temping and charting
* Do my best to be less stressed and very positive this month and enjoy all the BD!
* Pray, pray , pray :)

My sister told me that she is also going off the birth control pill end of the month to try for #2. With her previous pregnancy she fell immediately despite pcos. So now we will be ttc together. So emotional for me.

Thanks honey bunny, Lol, I got a double whammy AF and a nasty sinus infection:cry:

And hope everyone has a pleasant weekend. Hugs going out to everyone having a tough time with side effects or those ladies who are ill (Buttercup), or just down and out with AF.

xxxxxxx

have a happy holiday, Nimbec and wishing lots orf luck on your upcoming ivf cycle! xo:hugs:

Hi Ladies

Just a quick message from me i've not disappeared i'm on holiday in Cyprus for 10 days - limited internet! Really nice to get AF the day before i flew grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!! She is tailering off now thankfully and i'm now just waiting to do an IVF cycle. Ladies sometimes it takes a while to build in your system and other times it just wont work for you. My advice is that if 150mg doesn't work then go straight back and ask for the next step as its not suiting you. You can try Femera or go straight onto injections with timed BD and they almost always work! (((hugs)) catch up when i'm back!

Hi Girly

I also expected AF and thought it had arrived Thursday, had the worst cramps ever but then just light spotting which also seems to have disappeared. Phoned my doctor - got no reply and no help. Read up on it - if u didn't ovulate then u most likely will not have a proper period (hormone levels not high enough throughout the cycle). So if pregnancy test is negative u can start the provera and then next round of clomid. If unsure contact ur doctor! Hopefully he/she will actually give advice unlike mine. I also read about many ladies who started clomid without having a proper period first; IF they were not pregnant and if they were not menstruating due to anovulation.

Seeing as my doctor is not helpful, I have decided to try and educate myself... We all have the power to learn more about ourselves! I have a degree in life science and thought I knew a lot abt biology until I realised how little I know abt fertility issues despite experiencing them myself! SO now will just read up and study as much as I can about it. The other ladies on the thread have been EXTREMELY kind and helpful in sharing their knowledge - thanks gals!

Hi Girly

Read over that post again and I feel a bit silly... English is not my first language so I don't always express myself well. When I said "Read up about it" I meant "I read up about it" - "IT" being my own situation (didn't get a proper period & just spotting; know for a fact I didn't ovulate, am not pregnant, did HPT and got BFN as confirmation, and decided that I am going to start with my next clomid cycle today). It sounded like I was telling you to go and read up on it and that was not my intention at all :blush:

In fact the intention was to let you know abt my situation which might be similar to yours and just to let u know I sympathize :hugs:. I feel really clueless at times and everyone sharing their knowledge helps a lot :)

Hi Riane welkom; lekker om van 'n Suid-Afrikaanse dame te hoor! Baie sterkte; ek glo jou dokter weet wat hy/sy doen :) Please keep us posted I for one would like to hear how things turn out!

What a weird day this turned out to be... We couldn't find Clomid or any generics anywhere! Drove around and phoned 12 pharmacies in the large city I live in; no-one has any stock (apparently one of the large RSA manufacturers discontinued their product and now all the generics have been sold out across the country). Finally DH managed to track down one single box in a pharmacy in a neighboring city. The box contained.......... 10 x 50mg tabs! Yay! And they were willing to let us have the whole box. So now I have my 5 days supply of 100mg per day :). Also really difficult to find a BBT!? Haven't been able to so far.

Riane let me know if you have better luck obtaining clomid/fertomid in your province!

Just took my first 100mg. Am feeling fertile already :)

Hi Girly

Hi Girly

Read over that post again and I feel a bit silly... English is not my first language so I don't always express myself well. When I said "Read up about it" I meant "I read up about it" - "IT" being my own situation (didn't get a proper period & just spotting; know for a fact I didn't ovulate, am not pregnant, did HPT and got BFN as confirmation, and decided that I am going to start with my next clomid cycle today). It sounded like I was telling you to go and read up on it and that was not my intention at all :blush:

In fact the intention was to let you know abt my situation which might be similar to yours and just to let u know I sympathize :hugs:. I feel really clueless at times and everyone sharing their knowledge helps a lot :)

No I didn't take it in a bad way at all Hun. It was very helpful. I think it is AF just very light as have used two small tampons this evening so more than just spotting but still brown at the moment so old blood. Today therefore is CD1 and I can take the clomid tomorrow. Whoop.

I am going to take it in the morning as I can't wait to take it and get the ball rolling as such lol and if it makes me feel ill I need to know before I go back to work Monday so I can mentally prepare myself.

I have taken metformin before and it helped me have a natural cycle one time at the start but never again just made me feel ill sometimes and eventually I stopped after 6 months on it. Should I go back to it whilst I am on the clomid and trying this cycle as an extra boost to help myself?

Excited and nervous all in one xx

Hi Girly

Ok I started clomid just one day before you. So lotsa sympathy if u do get side effects. So far I'm feeling fine!

My sister has pcos and also takes metformin. She fell pregnant the first month that she stopped taking birth control pills just with the metformin, no clomid was even necessary. So I know it does work to regulate the right hormones and glucose metabolism! I think check with ur doctor? And keep us posted xx

I'm also super excited! Just feels like this month I'm more relaxed and positive. So far so good!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->