Clomid club - before, during and after

afternoon ladies how are we all today?

sounds good sonya fingers crossed ..

i got letter from gyno today she wrote to GP n told him when they get proof from the test she gunna perscribe metformin and clomid again maybe the combination will work ..

i'm gunna try sofcups when i eventually ovulate hehe

the ticker looks great lou xx

just sent you a pm xx

aww hun :hugs: ok hun just really bloated at the minute hate the wait xxxxxx

having jacket potato for tea and pasta carnt wait in starving xxxxx

I'd like to join, but cannot see where I can add this to some kind of favourite area instead of having to search ... ? I have been TTC for nearly 3 years, had x2 missed miscarriages (Jun 2008 / Feb 2009) and have had some private tests which have shown some things that could potentially have been the 'reason' behind "why". Was told I was not ovulating, which is why I cannot now get pregnant. Just had a hystoscopy as uterus lining showed dark shadows but they found nothing ... also AMH test results were that I have very few eggs (IVF not an option any more!). After op he bizarrly said just to keep trying and get pregnant ... mmmm had to remind him that I wasn't ovulating and now have to wait for follow up consultant appt (15th Jun). He mentioned clomid to me in last appt, so I'm hoping he'll give me this on 15th (it does sound daunting though). Tablets, scans, dosage etc.

Does anyone know if clomid will help with egg reserve ...? I have to give this one last try (3 strikes and out) before moving onto other options, although these are reducing fast!

Good luck to everyone .... :)

Hi KJMM and welcome! :flower:
I hear ya, that sounds so frustrating. Do you know what your FSH # was? How low was the egg reserve? My FSH is actually quite high for my age and so I know we have to move quickly as the reserve is being depleted.
:hugs:

Britt11: hi, I think I know what FSH means, follicles (something..). When I had the private test/scan the count was 4 or 5 (very low) and recent AMH test was lower (Consultant didn't specify - doh! but he did go on to say that IVF was not an option) :shrug:
To be honest I was going to give up and not do clomid, can't go through another miscarriage (they tested my last .. found Trisomy 6 (which may or may not happen again). Excellent news that clomid could help with quality of eggs ... one last go, bring on clomid :happydance:

Yeah, FSH means Follicle stimulating hormone. I am confused though on your #'s and what the FS said that IVF wasnt an option. A # like 4 or 5 is actually great :thumbup: usually means your reserve and egg quality is great, what you dont want is <3 or higher than 10. Mine was 9/10 which is not good....
hmm anyway, I hope you get a bfp soon and that the clomid works for you.

Smile- :thumbup: good luck to you on your 21 day bloods. Are you temping at all? you got a +ve opk already right?

Hi, I am confused.com :wacko:

The clinic said I had 4 eggs when scanned but NHS consultant said I had possibly one. The AMH blood test was when he said I wasn't a good candidate - I'm gonna ask what the results were deffo.

When on clomid people are talking about "Softcups, Preseed and Guaifenesin (Robitussin)", are these recommended that you take whilst on Clomid ..?

Just one more thing ... what does CD7 or CD3-9 actually mean.

:dohh:

I'd like to join, but cannot see where I can add this to some kind of favourite area instead of having to search ... ? I have been TTC for nearly 3 years, had x2 missed miscarriages (Jun 2008 / Feb 2009) and have had some private tests which have shown some things that could potentially have been the 'reason' behind "why". Was told I was not ovulating, which is why I cannot now get pregnant. Just had a hystoscopy as uterus lining showed dark shadows but they found nothing ... also AMH test results were that I have very few eggs (IVF not an option any more!). After op he bizarrly said just to keep trying and get pregnant ... mmmm had to remind him that I wasn't ovulating and now have to wait for follow up consultant appt (15th Jun). He mentioned clomid to me in last appt, so I'm hoping he'll give me this on 15th (it does sound daunting though). Tablets, scans, dosage etc.

Does anyone know if clomid will help with egg reserve ...? I have to give this one last try (3 strikes and out) before moving onto other options, although these are reducing fast!

Good luck to everyone .... :)

Hi KJMM and welcome! :flower:
I hear ya, that sounds so frustrating. Do you know what your FSH # was? How low was the egg reserve? My FSH is actually quite high for my age and so I know we have to move quickly as the reserve is being depleted.

Britt11: hi, I think I know what FSH means, follicles (something..). When I had the private test/scan the count was 4 or 5 (very low) and recent AMH test was lower (Consultant didn't specify - doh! but he did go on to say that IVF was not an option) :shrug:
To be honest I was going to give up and not do clomid, can't go through another miscarriage (they tested my last .. found Trisomy 6 (which may or may not happen again). Excellent news that clomid could help with quality of eggs ... one last go, bring on clomid :happydance:

Yeah, FSH means Follicle stimulating hormone. I am confused though on your #'s and what the FS said that IVF wasnt an option. A # like 4 or 5 is actually great :thumbup: usually means your reserve and egg quality is great, what you dont want is <3 or higher than 10. Mine was 9/10 which is not good....
hmm anyway, I hope you get a bfp soon and that the clomid works for you.

Smile- :thumbup: good luck to you on your 21 day bloods. Are you temping at all? you got a +ve opk already right?

Hi, I am confused.com :wacko:

The clinic said I had 4 eggs when scanned but NHS consultant said I had possibly one. The AMH blood test was when he said I wasn't a good candidate - I'm gonna ask what the results were deffo.

When on clomid people are talking about "Softcups, Preseed and Guaifenesin (Robitussin)", are these recommended that you take whilst on Clomid ..?

Just one more thing ... what does CD7 or CD3-9 actually mean.

:dohh:

Hi, clinic probably meant just that you have 4 eggs :) and NHS probably meant that you have 1 mature one. Thats the one that will ovulate.

CD - Cycle Day.

Every dr prescribes clomid different cycle days, depending on the patients cycle history.

To add to what sonya said the robitussin cough medicine is supposed to improve your cm in your cervix (clomid can make it hostile) you take it for about 5 days before ov , preseed is to use if you don't get EWCM when ovulating. Softcups can be inserted after sex to hold the sperm against the cervix. They are all personal choices xxx

Thank you ladies for all the messages on here and the pms. I really do appreciate it darlings.

Hope everyone is well.

And happy birthday to sam.

xxx

Hey ladies quick question for those that have the smilie face ovulation kit, where did you get it from? how much? and where do you get the sticks from. Im looking on ebay alls they have the digi test and strips not just the strips ont here own. xx

And were can you get cheap preseed? x

sam - happy birthday luv...way to get spoiled by dh...it is grand!

Sonya- omg that is wonderful news...really happy a plan is in place for you. I know for me I always feel better when I have a plan, might help you relax to know that if this doesnt work then you know what to do next.

kissy - g/l on the met and clomid...I hear that can be a magical combo

yomo - my periods were horribly painful....mostly in my rear though, not much in the front which was weird for me. It jurt to have bowel movement which was also a new one for me. but yeah more pain and much lighter was exactly how I was.

vick - hi hun, hope you are feeling better. Did you get to speak to your OH?

well I had a temp drop today so I might be Oving, but i am not having any cramping like I did the last 2 months so maybe it might be tomorrow.

caz - hows the 2ww treatin ya?

britt - how are you doing hun?

:plane:I say we all fly to the Bahamas and stay with TTCBAby to get our minds off this 2ww :)

hey gals,
got some of my blood tests back. My glucose tolerance test looks great. My fasting was better than last time and my 2 hour was well within normal. My one-hour test was normal but apparently studies have shown that levels like mine at the 1 hour mark are an early predictor of future diabetes so I need to be careful. Only downside is that I can't get metformin now to help with weight loss (not that its fun to be on, but I was liking the idea of having something to blame and fix for my weight, not just my own habits).

My FSH was perfect. 5.8 at CD3 so I'm hoping I will ovulate this time.

aw hun glad they are fine fx for you then smile ye could do with it :haha: ttc hate the wait im going to be testing 4th june xxxxx

smile - come on down, might take my mind off of this also!

caz - ok next week it is!

Lisa - glad to hear your results were better....fxed for you!

yeah, I'm glad they are normal-looking and am more hopeful that I'll ovulate on my own with a good FSH.
Still need to see the other levels like LH and make sure the ratio is fine.
It will be frustrating though to spend all this money on tests, find out everything is fine... then end up with 'unexplained infertility' and still not be able to get pregnant... or heck, if I get pregnant this cycle I'll feel like I could have waited and saved the money for baby stuff! Lol!

TTC - what do you say? Think you could start a 2ww resort and make it a charity so we can all go out there and distract ourselves during the 2ww?

DRUM ROLL PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Progesterone level was 31.2!!! YEAH!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->