Clomid/FE Conceived Buddies :)

Sorry I fell off the map too! So much happening over here!

Our shower was wonderful! We had a co-ed shower, so it was really more of a party than a shower. My mom and aunt put everything together, and it was just as perfect as I knew it would be. And oh my goodness, this child is set with everything they could ever need and more! LOL.

We aren't quite able to move into our new house yet. But DH said he would start setting up some of the baby furniture this weekend after the painters finish so I can start getting organized. I am starting the baby laundry today and will finish the hospital bag this week. We also took a birth class over the weekend with a hospital tour. It is getting real! <3

Thats great to hear Lucy! Hope you can rid of the paint smell soon as well, newborn babies are so sensitive to smells. Do you have any idea yet if you have a small, normal or big baby? I have to say, the hospital bags does make it very real. Your baby will be here in no time. The last few weeks just fly by. I am glad to hear you got everything you need from the shower, its really awesome that people so much! I enjoyed doing the laundry, but now thqt I have to do it 3 times a week, not so much lol.

The first and second coats of paint have actually already been done weeks ago now, the painters are just coming in this weekend for the final touch up, so it actually shouldn't be too bad smell wise. I am just so excited to be able to finally get organized and put things away! So tired of living out of boxes!!!!

So exciting Lucy! I am glad things are getting done. It sounds like the paint smell should be gone by then. The only reason I am warning you about it though, is because Liezl was born in spring and the pollen count was a bit higher than normal, and she had a stuffy nose for about 3 weeks, and the nurse said they are very sensitive to smells, sometimes to things that we cant even smell.

Things arent going to great here. I had to go see a docter because I had bloody stool, its nothing serious though and will get better, however my blood pressure was still high, they want me to come back in 2 weeks, if its still high I have to get treatment :( and Liezl is sick...again! So Im not getting much, if any, sleep :(

Sorry to hear that Nita. Hope things are getting better for you!

37 weeks today and had another appt this morning; still less than 1 cm dilated, but 50% effaced. Whatever that means, if anything, lol.

We finally started sleeping in the new house over the weekend! Still working on getting settled. Lots to do still, but I am trying to reassure myself that no matter what it will be fine!

Sorry to hear that Nita. Hope things are getting better for you!

37 weeks today and had another appt this morning; still less than 1 cm dilated, but 50% effaced. Whatever that means, if anything, lol.

We finally started sleeping in the new house over the weekend! Still working on getting settled. Lots to do still, but I am trying to reassure myself that no matter what it will be fine!

Thats a good thing to be 50%. I was 3cm and 50% with DD2 and she came within 12hr!

Hi Ladies - its been too quiet in here!!!

Lucy - 38 weeks, any time now :) gosh I cant believe you are about to have a baby!! it feels like yesterday you got your bfp and now you are about to pop - like when did this all happen!!

Ask - I saw you were having some issues - and that its all better, great!! How are you feeling? I cant believe you are past the halfway mark... when did all this happen?? Scary stuff..

Sarah...How are you? I always get worried about you when you are so quiet.

TTC - Hope everything is well with both you and Ford?

AFM - Nightmare time behind us. Liezl was sick, common cold and then one morning she had a fever and couldnt breath, rushed her to hospital and she was admitted for RSV and Bronchiolitis. after 7 days of horror in hospital as we came home she got fever again...another freaking lung infection. Doctor gave us 2 days to treat her at home if not better, she goes back to hospital. After those 2 days her lungs were clear and she is slowly recovering at home. Her lungs got damaged and the pediatrician predicts it will take 6 months to fully recover. Otherwise she is eating good, sits by herself and almost half a year old :)

Hi Nita! I am so close I can taste it now. Getting impatient. Still working. Next Friday is supposed to be my last day. Tired as hell. So much to do at work and at home, but I am ready for this baby to come so I can find out if it's a boy or a girl already! No dilation or any other signs of progress yet though. :wacko:

Glad things are getting better for you! Sounds like things have been tough!

I cant imagine not knowing what gender baby is!!

You are only considered full term now, so the fact that baby is still holding in is a good thing. :) Hopefully baby will be coming in the next 2 weeks. You should be on leave :o I never made it to 38 weeks, but I dont think I would have been able to work at that time...well done to you that you can! I hope you are getting some rest and sleep?? Enjoy those naps that last longer than 2 hours lol!!

Yeah, its been rough, seeing your baby sleep in a little cage in hospital - worse than my worst nightmare!

I work for my family, so there is a lot of self imposed guilt to try to wrap things up, lol. Sleeping is going ok, but I am definitely having to get up more frequently to pee. Four times night before last and three last night! This morning I had trouble finding a side to lay on because baby was literally laying across my torso, lol.

Hi Nita and Lucy!

So glad Liezl is doing better! I was told the same with Ford that it could take months to fully recover and heal their lungs. I hope she only continues to get better and she manages to stay healthy now. How are you feeling Nita?

Lucy, so excited for you! Will be waiting on pins and needles to hear baby has arrived! And I remember the up and down and lack of sleep! Hang in there :hugs:

Ford is doing well! Six months old now and we’ve started solids. He does ok so far. He’s on a trial off of his reflux medication so we will see how it goes. We are moving so I have been busy selling our current home, preparing to buy the one we’re moving to, and planning renovations.

Hi to everyone else!

Haha again, sorry for the MIA. I’m just useless.

Lucy, so close!! I can’t wait to hear how it all goes.

Nita, you guys have had a bad run. Do you think some of it is day care bugs?

TTC, how did the reflux med trial go? Hope the move goes well.

Ask, how are you getting on? Crazy you’re over halfway!!

AFM, life is just busy. Building our house ourselves and looking after the farm, DH away, the trial for the crime we were victims of a few months back, and William has been sick. The doctor is wondering if he has FPIES. Sweet potato, avocado, dairy and possibly soy seem to be his triggers. I’ve cut out dairy and soy from my diet. We’ve had 2 trips to the urgent doctors for rehydration after being exposed to those things and his aversions started after sweet potato. He also lost weight and we don’t know why. We’ve had a few rubbish days of fevers and screaming but no apparent reason. No teeth and his gums aren’t bothering him. Hopefully we will have answers in the next few weeks about FPIES. Still waiting to hear about the surgery. I’m sick of how slow our healthcare system is.

William is well and truly on the move. He’s crawling all over the place. He’ll pull himself up on the chair and stand up. He can get himself into the sitting position by himself too. He’s getting pretty clever, I chucked the fly swat under the couch the other day and he crawled over and managed to reach right under to get the handle haha. He loves peakaboo and books!

Lucy, I get the kind of pressure you are under working for family, I didnt even get maternity leave, I had to work from home. And if it werent for bed rest I would not have stopped working at 34 weeks. I was even working the day before my CS. Enjoy the last few days.

I am glad he is doing well TTC, goodluvk with the move, I dont think I would have been able to handle a 6 month old and the move.

Good to hear from you Sarah! Glad things are OKish? Your healthcare system sounds pretty slow, her in South Africa we call it Africa time, everything thats super slow is being done on Africa time, because the people here are just so slow and pathetic (not all though) I hope you get some answers, I think you and William had it pretty rough so far!

She definately got sick from school, had gastro twice and then RSv, both babies next to her was sick just before her. And I am so pissed at the school, I told them to inform the other parents of the RSV that she picked up there, our hospitals including PICUs cant keep up, its very dangerous if not treated, and they just didnt feel the need to inform the other parents. Apparently they never heard about it before, such Bullshit, the virus goes around every year. Make me think what else they are hiding. Any way shes out there, thank goodness, and the nanny is starting soon.

On a lighter note, we had her ears pierced yesterday...she looks so beautiful :) <3 Solids are going great, havent picked up any issues. She loves sweet potato, pear and Avocado.

She didnt pick up any weight for 2 months as she was permanantly sick, but this week she is going tgrough a growth spurt, drinking twice as much as usual and picked up 220g so far.

That&#8217;s rough Nita. It sounds like she&#8217;s been really sick. I know child care centres are a breeding ground for bugs. Even so, William doesn&#8217;t go to child care and he has hand foot and mouth at the moment! Man I just want a break from shitness. A nanny will be good, I went and looked at a few childcare centers when I thought about going back part time, but they weren&#8217;t good. Even the ones that had good reputations nationwide I wouldn&#8217;t put him in. Probably because I can see what they do for show.

Nita, are you still NTNP?

I had my lesson learned Sarah, she will be staying at home until she is 2 years old, and then she will go to daycare and only after that she will go to school again. I had it with her being sick. I hooe she doesnt pick up any illnesses from us.

Shame, William has had it so rough :( i hooe he gets better soon.

Yup we are still NTNP, i am on my 3rd cycle and surprise surprise, my cycles are all over the place. I dont expect to be pregnant anytime soon. We will probably ntno until the end of the year then decide..

Yes they&#8217;re definitely breeding grounds for bugs. Plus for their development, having a 1-1 care giving is awesome. One adult to tend to her 100% of the time. I think we will wait until William is 3. That&#8217;s when kindergarten starts here (I think it&#8217;s the same as preschool in the US).

William is feeling much better now. But he still has a few spots. In the last week he&#8217;s started confidently sitting up on his own. Like functional sitting, so crawling along, he decides he wants to sit and swivels his body so he&#8217;s on his bottom. He&#8217;s also confidently pulling himself up to stand and starting to coast along. He did both those things a few weeks ago but now I can tell it&#8217;s intentional rather than just a bit of luck.

Oh that is no good. I guess we can&#8217;t really be surprised! I hope it happens soon for you guys. I&#8217;m on the mini pill (and still BFing and no AF yet) but I skipped a few pills by accident and we didn&#8217;t take other precautions last week. I doubt I&#8217;m pregnant. DH is probably going to be deployed from November-April so we will think about TTC after that I think.

Well ladies, the wait is over! On Monday our BABY GIRL made her way into the world!!

DH was so hoping for a little girl. When she was finally out and I asked him if we had a son or a daughter, he cried when he realized it was a girl.

We were very lucky, everything went smoothly. DH was amazing during my labor. It was a funny story actually; I had been having contractions for a full 24 hours beforehand, but they weren't particularly strong and not regular. I wasn't entirely sure they weren't gas pains. Monday about 2 AM they turned regular and my ob's on call line told us to go to the hospital. When we got there the midwife basically said it was probably too early and we would be sent home, but since it's a long drive and we were already there she checked me anyways. She said I looked too calm, lol. It was a surprise to all of us to discover I was already 7 cm!!! And she accidentally broke my water while she was checking me! All I could do was laugh hysterically, I was so not expecting that! Baby girl was born about 6 hours later.

We are adjusting to living on less sleep, but have been very lucky to have help from my mom and aunt who live around the corner. First night home was rough. Second night my aunt came over to give us a couple hours sleep. Third night my mom came over, and stayed up all night just holding her and staring at her, lol. Last night DH and I split the night half and half, and it went ok. So hopefully we are getting the hang of this!

Hope you all are doing well! <3

Congratulations Lucy! So glad to hear your labour and birth went smoothy and that your baby girl is happy and healthy ^^

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->