• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Clomid/FE Conceived Buddies :)

LOL Nita you are so right! It is already getting tougher! I think I did my own pedicure for the last time this past weekend. Just a good excuse to go get pampered I suppose, lol. Also going to try to make sure I keep shaved and groomed while I still can, lol!

I am planning on a natural birth with a midwife, but in a hospital, so I will have options if I change my mind. They also have tubs there that I can use for hydrotherapy. Can't birth in it, but can labor in it, so that seems ideal. Going to the hospital for a meeting with the midwives next week. :)

That sounds exciting Lucy! I hope that you can have the birth you want! It seems like its gettinh closer faster than we think. Also, make sure you are clean shaved when you give birth, or else they shave you! You wont be able to see it to shave it, so use a mirror or ask your DH, I suggest keeping it clean from week 38.

So, I am pretty sure I may have Ovulated over new years as I had EWCM on 31 December. I thought it cant be, but I started spotting this morning, and I had slight AF cramps this afternoon. If this turns into a full period, I did Ovulate :o Ill have to wait and see...promised my DH I wont track dates for the next year, but iys difficult lol.

That's great news Nita! Sounds like what DH and I plan to do after baby. Old habits die hard though right? LOL

Nita, the high chair is pretty supportive. He can hold his neck and body up with just a back rest. We’ve had him in it twice for about 3 minutes. Just trying spoonfuls of milk but he just pushes it back out his mouth. Haha I think somewhere about the 3 month mark he chilled out a little. Now he quite happily plays on his own. He does notice when we are eating though so I end up getting DH to cook or do the last bit of dinner and I’ll feed William. Then he’ll happily play on the floor or his bouncer while we eat. Or if that fails, I feed William and DH chops my food up into bite size pieces and I use a fork haha. Seriously, I did not think eating a meal was going to be one of the hardest things about having a baby.

In terms of the reading about routines etc. I’m just trying to make sure he gets enough sleep for his development. When W was 3 months old I let him do what he wanted. Sleep, feed etc whenever. But the more I looked into it I realized we were missing his tired cues. Babies aren’t going to tell you there’s ready for a sleep apparently haha. So now, I do eat, play, sleep. He’ll wake up and I’ll feed him. Then change. Then we have awake time, so singing, going outside, playing with toys etc. then between 1.25-1.75 hours after he woke up, I just do a similar routine to our night time one. And he’ll nap for 20 mins-3 hours. He’s never been a grizzly baby but I notice he’s less agitated and he seems a lot calmer. It’s nothing strict. If I need to feel him to get him to sleep or if he wants another feed during his awake time, that’s no worries. But that seems to be the big feed (when he’s still a little sleepy and less distracted) and then he has top ups.

Lucy! Cute bump!! Man it makes me miss mine haha. My SIL said that beyond a point (can’t remember now) babies can hear the doppler. So they’ll kick back because it’s loud and sounds weird haha. I thought that was kind of cute. I remember that milestone too. I think I was about the same as you and our new neighbor moved in and I went and said hello and she asked me when I was due haha. I told her later on that she was the first to ask without knowing (now we are good friends) and she was a bit embarrassed haha. I was just excited.

Nita and Lucy, not sure that the shaving thing applies everywhere. They definitely don’t require you to be clean shaven here. Maybe check with your midwife Lucy?

AFM, we had a really scary incident over the weekend. I can’t say too much but we are all safe and ok. We have had police and police dogs around. Having to make statements today and there will be a trial in a few weeks I imagine. Sorry that’s really vague. But we are all ok and safe.

I feel like the last 4 months have been a mixture of the best thing I could ever imagine and so SO many rough moments. Maybe we will catch a break eventually.

Sarah, I’m glad you’re ok. It sounds scary! I hope things are smoother sailing now.
I also agree with the routine thing. I didn’t try to do that with my older two but this little guy is so much happier having predictability in his little day.
We also don’t have to be clean shaven here.

I am glad everyone is ok Sarah!!

They request us to be clean shaved because its more hygienic when they put in the stitces. So ill recomend it if it isnt a requirement Lucy.

Just a quick update on Liezl, shes 3 months today, shes not sleeping at all during the day! I have tried everything to make her sleep, she refuses. Shes fussy and all her clothes are getting way small, we are getting 3-6months clothes this weekend. She starting solids...its going great, she loves it.

I got a letter from the university to say I need to complete my degree this year, so baby nr2 has been put on hold. I am almost going bacj to work as well.

Pick for cuteness.

Attachments

• Photo_1516162778798.jpg
    Photo_1516162778798.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 5
Hi ladies! I love reading all of your updates.

I had my 2nd ultrasound this past Tuesday and baby girl is right on target! Strong heartbeat of 180 and measuring 1 day ahead. Got to see her wiggling around!

The nausea has vastly improved. I still have a lot of aversions but am getting my appetite back. Only a few more weeks until we announce to the world! So freakin excited!

Nita - such a sweet baby girl! We’ve had a few recent listeria outbreaks here as well. Freaks me out!

Sarah & TTC - William and Ford sound adorable. Their little giggles and smiles must melt your hearts!

Lucy - you are too cute! Love the bump pic.

Ask this is such a big and exciting year for you, its great to have you here! The ultrasounds will be really awesome from here on as they turn into tiny humans. Enjoy it, from about 20 weeks they will be too big to see the whole body on one image. :) are you planning on getting a 3D/4D scan? I can really recommend getting one!!

Liezl went to see her peaditrician yesterday and he is just so happy with her growth, she started her life weighing what a prem weighs, and she has jumped up to an average baby. From 2.3kgs to 5.5kgs. She has a tongue tie, but shes not having issues so we will see if it resolves on its own. He confirmed her bidy is strong enough for solids and suggested I give veggies in die mornings..

Man I dont know what I did before her, my life must have had an empty spot, she fulfills my wildest dreams! Nothing beats this! Being a mom really is so rewarding.

Ha it's so funny isn't it, you wonder what on earth you did with all your time before you had children!!

Glad things are going well Ask, you deserve it after the journey you've had.

Looks like the rest of you are all hanging in there, good to see! My SPD is so bad now I'm largely bed/sofa rest so try have scheduled a section for 39 weeks which they will hopefully bring forward to 38 when I see the consultant on Tuesday.. so not long for me either way thank goodness!

Any news Bonnie?

Have any of you used the Baltic Amber Teething necklace?
Liezl's gums are so swollen and she is very grumpy about it, not even to mention the drool.. so I am getting her one of them, dont know if they really work..but if it doesnt, it looks pretty.

Oh my goodness ladies. Ford was hospitalized with RSV and Bronchiolitis this weekend. Very very scary. He couldn’t breathe and was very dehydrated. Horrible. He’s home now and on the mend.
Nita there’s no science behind those teething necklaces and also they’re a strangulation and choking hazard. So i wouldn’t use them personally. Also babies go through this drooly grumpy stage about this time that’s not actually teething even though many parents think it is. Hope she feels more comfortable soon ❤️

TTC we had that when B was young, absolutely terrifying how quickly they can go downhill. She has asthma too so we have a had a few visits over the years but none as scary as the first one in an ambulance! Hope he is feeling better.

Nita we tried one of hose but I don't think it made much difference. I wouldn't bother again to be honest. The best remedy we found is Nelsons teething granules, bonjela and give ibuprofen and paracetamol at the same time as they work differently. Unfortunately teething can go on a long time! Gummy Gloves are also great, and put a wet flannel in the freezer and let them chew innit for their gums... teething goes on forever too! X

Woah TTC!! So scary, omg!! So glad Ford is ok.

The Peaditrician confirmed that shes starting to teeth, as he saw how swollen her gums are. However, it can take months for the first tooth to pop. The teething necklace is huge in Africa, just about every baby is wearing one here, some say it works, others say no but they keep it on cause it looks pretty. Im willing to give it a try. I got some powder en gel to put on her gums as well. :)

Out of the blue yesterday she pushed herself up from her cushion in a sitting position :o

I can't believe the time has come, Liezl is starting at her creche in the morning. :( :( :( :(

So over the weekend we found out my younger brother and his wife are expecting. It's super early; like 4 weeks.

I knew they had been trying and while I am definitely happy for them, I also feel guilty because there is this piece of me that is also jealous. Just seems like their road to everything has been so much easier than for DH and I. They had an extremely nice wedding that her parents paid for; DH and I paid for most of ours. They've been married less than a year; DH and I are going on 4. They've been together for maybe 2 1/2 years, DH and I are going on 10. They've been trying for a baby for less than a year, and never that seriously; DH and I were going on two years and pulled out all the stops when it finally happened for us. There's even more to it than any of that, but you get the idea.

I guess I was just hoping there would be a little bit more separation between our kids. And I know it makes no sense but I just feel like it makes our baby a little less special now...

I am super grateful that at least we are pregnant too; for a while I selfishly worried they would get pregnant first. I am trying to look on the bright side and think of all the fun things this means, and it helps, but I can't seem to squash this green eyed monster completely. And of course this is not something I can really talk about with anyone. I tried talking about it with DH but he doesn't get it. :(

I understand those feelings, Lucy. While it will great for your baby to have a cousin so close in age, seeing others conceive rather easily isn’t easy. I have a friend who just announced on FB at 16 weeks. She’s 5 weeks ahead of me. She is 38 and just got married this past May. We started TTC when I was 33 and had 3 CPs and ended up having to do IVF + PGS. I was so happy for her but simultaneously thought, why the F did it have to be so hard and expensive for us?!

Its normal to feel that way Lucy!

A friend ours wers starting TTC when we were almost 6 months TTC, 6 weeks later, she was pregnant, DH and I were still trying. When she was 5 months, we finally found out we were expecting. If that wasnt enough, she had a perfectly normal pregnancy, she could deliver her boy normally, whereas I had hypertention, placed on bed rest and had no other choice than a C section, I thought to myself, wow can one person have it so easy and me have it so hard? That was not the end... Her boy is perfectly happy, nothing wrong with him. My LO had silent reflux and now shes starting to loose weight because she refuses milk at creche. When will it end?

So basicly, what you are feeling....you are not alone.

Congratz on the birth of your baby boy Bonnie - I hope he will only bring you joy and happiness. Hope the recovery after the CS goes smoothly and quickly.

<3<3<3

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"