Clomid/FE Conceived Buddies :)

Hey everyone, our little Archie was born on Friday. 7lb 11oz. The c section was flipping amazing. Everyone was so lovely and it was such a positive experience. I did begin to feel a bit of pain during it but thankfully some morphine and fentanyl did the trick.

The first few days were a bit tough but it was far better than I expected and remembered from last time. I’m home now and feeling 80% back to normal. Which for day 4, I’m just in disbelief.

Archie is such a good baby. It’s made me realise how fussy our first was. Archie will sleep in his bassinet for stretches of 4-6 hours, feeding great and never cries. He’s a bit jaundice but not bad.

My placenta was looking really calcified and my BP was high towards the end. Archie is measuring on the 21st percentile (compared to DS1 who was on the 7th) on my personal growth chart. So not growth restricted at all. They said that my uterus would be ok for another c section but I’m going to give it a few years before we think about baby number 3.

Congratulations on all the BFPs!

Sarah !! OMG, you had me in a spin - I kept on checking whether you have replied after the CS, and I thought no news might be bad news. However, I am so glad and happy it went so well. Hope you have a speedy recovery - sure you will be your old self in a couple of days. Hope Archie stays so good. <3

Gratz on all the BFP's - Whoooop :D

Congrats Sarah! So glad you and baby Archie are doing so well! And so glad your c-section was such a positive experience!

I had another blood draw yesterday and just got the results. 851 and doubling time is 36 hours, so all good there.

DH and I DTD this morning for the first time in quite some time, and now I am cramping kind of like my period is coming. Hope everything is still ok. This is still normal right? I remember cramping like this right around the time I found out I was pregnant with DD, but I don't remember it happening a week or so later. I just really need everything to be ok...

Sarah!!!!! Congratulations! I’m so glad it’s been a better experience this time! I hope you continue to heal well and enjoy your sweet baby.

Lucy, it’s totally normal to cramp. My OB even thinks it’s a good sign that the uterus is growing as it needs to! Only worry if you are bleeding and cramping. Otherwise, totally normal. Especially after sex.

Have to update... so yesterday I had a 36 week growth scan. It took forever and was very stressful. They think I have placenta acreta. I have to have an MRI this week and will see the high risk again Tuesday to come up with a plan. If it is acreta, it is dangerous and life threatening and I will need a hysterectomy at delivery. Please send all of the positive thoughts and prayers my way.

Sarah! He is so cute!!!!

Well my baby arrived before I made it to the MRI! I went into labor at 37+1 and had an emergency c section at 37+2!about 9 days ago. They had everything ready for the hysterectomy, but the doctor was able to get my placenta out. With the nature of the complication, I did choose to get my tubes tied. I don’t regret that decision but I’ve been pretty sad I’m officially done having babies. These have truly been the best days of my life.
Baby Jett was 6lbs 13oz at birth and 19 inches long. He’s so amazing and I just love him and am so very blessed.

Omg Sarah!! Archie is so adorable. I am so happy to hear that both him and you are doing so good. How is W with his brother?

TTC, congratz. I hope recovery is going well? I am sorry you wont be having more kids. :( and I am so happy that everything went well with the birth.

I cant believe Liane is 6 months old today and Liezl is 2 next month. Where has the time gone?

Oh wow! 6 months already????? Time is flying Nita!

And thank you! I’m starting to feel more at peace with being done. I mean it has been such a crazy journey. To go from all the losses and infertility and end up with 4 beautiful boys. So very grateful and thankful.

I agree with you TTC, any amount of kids are a blessing, especially when you reflect back at the past and to know what you have been through.

I remember those feelings of ttc with Liezl and just how it drained me emotionally, saying I am done while I actually should have no issues conceiving a third makes me feel a little guilty. But living in South Africa, having more than 2 is just not an option. Hubby still hints for a boy, but I cant :(

A friend of mine have a 13yr special needs daughter. I always said she have had one more baby as she is smothering her daughter, little did I know, they have been ttc for 8 yrs now with 3 losses. She recently found out that she was pregnant...ecctopic pregnancy...she had to have an emergency op to remove her one tube. The docter then advised her to have the other one tied, as the risk of falling pregnant now again could cause serious issues to her health. After I heard this story, I just cant believe how lucky I am to have 2 awesome daughters.

I am sure your 4 boys are going to give you a full and happy life <3

TTC, congratulations!! I’m glad little Jett is here safely and you’re doing ok. I’m sorry that it wasan emergency section. It does sound like any future pregnancies would be high risk. But that doesn’t make it easier to accept that that stage of your life is done. I’m feeling that at the moment. I don’t feel like I can accept that I won’t be having another one. But we’ll wait a few years. How is life with 4? And how’s your recovery?

Nita, wow time has gone fast. W turned 2 just over a month ago. He’s such a cool dude, talking heaps and I’m just amazed at what he understands. But we’ve had some wicked tantrums haha. How are the two sisters going? Why is it not an option to have more than 2 in SA?

We are good, but busy. W is a great big brother. There’s been no jealousy. In fact, he’s so protective. If someone else is cuddling A, he says “mama hold! Mama hold” haha. And if A makes so much as a peep he says “A sad, A sad, mama pick him up” haha. So sleep training will be fun!

A is 6.5 weeks old now. He’s gaining weight really well, which is weird after W being small. I’ve put all the newborn clothes away and he’s almost in 3-6 month clothes haha.

We’ll be moving into our new house soon too, which is exciting. DH is away this week so I’m parenting on my own. It’s going ok, challenging around W’s bedtime but A is a great sleeper so it’s mostly ok.

Wow Sarah, it sounds like things are really well with you? Its so good to hear good things after you've had it pretty bad.

I have to say, Liezl is also very protective of her sister, sometimes a little too much lol.

The thing is just, with a middle class life and income we simply cant afford a 3rd child. Our houses are mostly 3 bedroom (suitable for a family of 4), cars have 4 seats, etc. everything here is set up for families of 4, if you have a 3rd its a whole other class of houses, cars, etc. to invest in and we simply wont be able to afford it.

Liezl turns 2 next week, having a school party for her. Liane is 7 months old next week, we are in 6-12 month clothing - she seems to pick up weight nicely as well. Taking her her for her vacs and weigh in next week.

Things are going great here. A is such a good baby. He’ll put himself to sleep. Naps for 2-3 hours. Never cries. His nights start at 5pm and he’ll sleep until 11pm. Then I’ll bath and feed him before bed. Then he’ll sleep until 6.30am. Wake for a feed and then sleep until 8.30. Then he usually naps from 9.30-11.30 and then again from 12.30-3pm. He’s gaining weight super well. He’s now 12 weeks and was 6.5kgs last week. His brother was 4.5kgs at 13 weeks.

W is busy. But he’s so happy and excited. He’s talking so much. 2-3 sentences together, 10-20 words.

We moved into our brand new house. Hubby has had shoulder surgery so he’s got 6 weeks off work to recover and then he’ll have 4 weeks for Christmas leave.

Nita, that makes sense. It’s definitely easier to have 2. It is kind of the standard here. But people do have 3, rarely 4 or 5. Logically I know 2 is a good number, but I don’t feel finished. Your girls sound like they’re doing great. Remember when we were all TTC? Crazy to think we have 2 year olds now haha.

Hey ladies, just checking in. I am impatiently waiting on our anatomy scan which is on Friday; super anxious about it for some reason. I have been feeling this baby move for a few weeks now already, so that has been reassuring. Hope everyone else is doing well!! <3

Nora decided to make her birthday 12/16 at 34 weeks. I had to have a section, so no homebirth. Shes in the NICU.

Wow congratulations Earth!!!!!!! How is she doing now?

lucy, how was your scan?

Congrats Earth! Is she home now I hope? How are you all doing?

Our scan went well! And this baby is a real mover and shaker! LOL!

We've moved our daughter into her new big girl room and are now cleaning out the nursery for our new arrival. I have started unpacking the baby things; newborn clothes, bottles, breastfeeding supplies, etc. Last time around, we didn't get moved into our new home until about 2 weeks before our daughter was born. Never really had time to get settled. Being able to truly nest this time around is so nice! Just having to try to slow my roll on a few things. Too soon to wash clothes and sterilize bottles, lol. Make freezer meals. Pack the hospital bag. I get ahead of myself as you can see, lol.

I've started re-reading some of the baby books. I am an absolute grump when I don't get enough sleep, so I am trying to come up with a game plan for both our nights and days once we have both a toddler and newborn to take care of. Any insight on that topic would be most appreciated!

How's everyone else doing?

Hi Ladies,

How are you all doing?

I haven't on here a lot recently, as things have been rough. I am struggling with my hormones and was forced to stop birth control 2 months ago (in the process to get my hubby booked in for a vasectomy) but not being on birth control freak me out. Had to take the morning after pill a few days ago as well.

Other than that, kids are keeping me busy. Liezl is already 2y3m and we are looking at potty training now. Liane already 10 months old. Both doing really well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->