Clomid/FE Conceived Buddies :)

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Groups & Discussions' started by Nita2806, Feb 27, 2017.

1. Aphy

Aphy Well-Known Member

All good news, great numbers!

2. ttc126

ttc126 Mom of Boys

SO happy for you Lucy!!!!!!!!

3. sarah2211

sarah2211 Well-Known Member

Hey everyone, our little Archie was born on Friday. 7lb 11oz. The c section was flipping amazing. Everyone was so lovely and it was such a positive experience. I did begin to feel a bit of pain during it but thankfully some morphine and fentanyl did the trick.

The first few days were a bit tough but it was far better than I expected and remembered from last time. I’m home now and feeling 80% back to normal. Which for day 4, I’m just in disbelief.

Archie is such a good baby. It’s made me realise how fussy our first was. Archie will sleep in his bassinet for stretches of 4-6 hours, feeding great and never cries. He’s a bit jaundice but not bad.

My placenta was looking really calcified and my BP was high towards the end. Archie is measuring on the 21st percentile (compared to DS1 who was on the 7th) on my personal growth chart. So not growth restricted at all. They said that my uterus would be ok for another c section but I’m going to give it a few years before we think about baby number 3.

Congratulations on all the BFPs!

rickyandlucy likes this.
  4. Nita2806

Nita2806 Mom to 2 girls :)

Sarah !! OMG, you had me in a spin - I kept on checking whether you have replied after the CS, and I thought no news might be bad news. However, I am so glad and happy it went so well. Hope you have a speedy recovery - sure you will be your old self in a couple of days. Hope Archie stays so good. <3

Gratz on all the BFP's - Whoooop :D

5. rickyandlucy

rickyandlucy Well-Known Member

Congrats Sarah! So glad you and baby Archie are doing so well! And so glad your c-section was such a positive experience!

I had another blood draw yesterday and just got the results. 851 and doubling time is 36 hours, so all good there.

DH and I DTD this morning for the first time in quite some time, and now I am cramping kind of like my period is coming. Hope everything is still ok. This is still normal right? I remember cramping like this right around the time I found out I was pregnant with DD, but I don't remember it happening a week or so later. I just really need everything to be ok...

6. ttc126

ttc126 Mom of Boys

Sarah!!!!! Congratulations! I’m so glad it’s been a better experience this time! I hope you continue to heal well and enjoy your sweet baby.

Lucy, it’s totally normal to cramp. My OB even thinks it’s a good sign that the uterus is growing as it needs to! Only worry if you are bleeding and cramping. Otherwise, totally normal. Especially after sex.

Have to update... so yesterday I had a 36 week growth scan. It took forever and was very stressful. They think I have placenta acreta. I have to have an MRI this week and will see the high risk again Tuesday to come up with a plan. If it is acreta, it is dangerous and life threatening and I will need a hysterectomy at delivery. Please send all of the positive thoughts and prayers my way.

rickyandlucy likes this.
  7. rickyandlucy

rickyandlucy Well-Known Member

Thank you for the reassurance TTC. And omg, lots of prayers your way!!! <3

8. sarah2211

Sorry everyone! Life has been busy and I forgot to check in on here haha. Didn’t mean to worry anyone. Archie is good, pretty cruisy. I’m a bit out of practice with the sleep deprivation though.

He’s 3 weeks tomorrow and such a chonk. He’s put on heaps of weight and I’m about to put the newborn clothes away (W was in them until he was 3-4 months old!). He also looks nothing like his brother. A is much darker, lots more hair and more olive-y. Where as W had next to no hair and it was light. They dont look at all like brothers haha.

Recovery wise I’m pretty good. Not driving or picking up W yet. Every few days I’m a bit tender but pretty good all things considering.

Nita, hope you’re doing well!

Lucy, congratulations! That sounds pretty normal.

TTC, oh man! That sounds bad. Have you had your MRI yet? You are close to early term if you have to deliver now. How do you feel about the hysterectomy if you have to have one?

9. ttc126

ttc126 Mom of Boys

Sarah! He is so cute!!!!

Well my baby arrived before I made it to the MRI! I went into labor at 37+1 and had an emergency c section at 37+2!about 9 days ago. They had everything ready for the hysterectomy, but the doctor was able to get my placenta out. With the nature of the complication, I did choose to get my tubes tied. I don’t regret that decision but I’ve been pretty sad I’m officially done having babies. These have truly been the best days of my life.
    Baby Jett was 6lbs 13oz at birth and 19 inches long. He’s so amazing and I just love him and am so very blessed.

10. Nita2806

Omg Sarah!! Archie is so adorable. I am so happy to hear that both him and you are doing so good. How is W with his brother?

TTC, congratz. I hope recovery is going well? I am sorry you wont be having more kids. :( and I am so happy that everything went well with the birth.

I cant believe Liane is 6 months old today and Liezl is 2 next month. Where has the time gone?

ttc126 likes this.
  11. ttc126

ttc126 Mom of Boys

Oh wow! 6 months already????? Time is flying Nita!

And thank you! I’m starting to feel more at peace with being done. I mean it has been such a crazy journey. To go from all the losses and infertility and end up with 4 beautiful boys. So very grateful and thankful.

12. Nita2806

I agree with you TTC, any amount of kids are a blessing, especially when you reflect back at the past and to know what you have been through.

I remember those feelings of ttc with Liezl and just how it drained me emotionally, saying I am done while I actually should have no issues conceiving a third makes me feel a little guilty. But living in South Africa, having more than 2 is just not an option. Hubby still hints for a boy, but I cant :(

A friend of mine have a 13yr special needs daughter. I always said she have had one more baby as she is smothering her daughter, little did I know, they have been ttc for 8 yrs now with 3 losses. She recently found out that she was pregnant...ecctopic pregnancy...she had to have an emergency op to remove her one tube. The docter then advised her to have the other one tied, as the risk of falling pregnant now again could cause serious issues to her health. After I heard this story, I just cant believe how lucky I am to have 2 awesome daughters.

I am sure your 4 boys are going to give you a full and happy life <3

ttc126 likes this.
  13. sarah2211

TTC, congratulations!! I’m glad little Jett is here safely and you’re doing ok. I’m sorry that it wasan emergency section. It does sound like any future pregnancies would be high risk. But that doesn’t make it easier to accept that that stage of your life is done. I’m feeling that at the moment. I don’t feel like I can accept that I won’t be having another one. But we’ll wait a few years. How is life with 4? And how’s your recovery?

Nita, wow time has gone fast. W turned 2 just over a month ago. He’s such a cool dude, talking heaps and I’m just amazed at what he understands. But we’ve had some wicked tantrums haha. How are the two sisters going? Why is it not an option to have more than 2 in SA?

We are good, but busy. W is a great big brother. There’s been no jealousy. In fact, he’s so protective. If someone else is cuddling A, he says “mama hold! Mama hold” haha. And if A makes so much as a peep he says “A sad, A sad, mama pick him up” haha. So sleep training will be fun!

A is 6.5 weeks old now. He’s gaining weight really well, which is weird after W being small. I’ve put all the newborn clothes away and he’s almost in 3-6 month clothes haha.

We’ll be moving into our new house soon too, which is exciting. DH is away this week so I’m parenting on my own. It’s going ok, challenging around W’s bedtime but A is a great sleeper so it’s mostly ok.

14. Nita2806

Wow Sarah, it sounds like things are really well with you? Its so good to hear good things after you've had it pretty bad.

I have to say, Liezl is also very protective of her sister, sometimes a little too much lol.

The thing is just, with a middle class life and income we simply cant afford a 3rd child. Our houses are mostly 3 bedroom (suitable for a family of 4), cars have 4 seats, etc. everything here is set up for families of 4, if you have a 3rd its a whole other class of houses, cars, etc. to invest in and we simply wont be able to afford it.

Liezl turns 2 next week, having a school party for her. Liane is 7 months old next week, we are in 6-12 month clothing - she seems to pick up weight nicely as well. Taking her her for her vacs and weigh in next week.