Clomid/FE Conceived Buddies :)

Good to hear from you Sarah. You sound dissapointed without the repeat CS? Look at the positive side, you get the plan ahead (just dont go into labour earlier like I did lol) and the 2nd CS is far better than the first, healing is much quicker. As far as the toddler is concerned, you will make it work.. once that second baby is therr you will wonder what life was like with only one. I hope you get some rest and take things easy :)

Do you have a CS date yet?

How do they know it isnt healed? They cant monitor you in labor to give you the chance?
I had a VBA2C so I understand

I am a little disappointed. I hadn’t settled on either option but I was thinking of booking an elective between 40-41 weeks and giving it a go if I went into labour and everything looked good before that.

But there are definitely pros to having an elective, which the organised part of me really likes haha. Haven’t got my date yet. If I haven’t heard in a few weeks I’ve got to call. I’m hoping it all goes much smoother and it’s all uneventful.

OnErth, I was having a lot of pain 8-12 months post c section so I had an ultrasound done. Mainly to look for hernias. But they found that my left ovary was stuck to my uterus and I have a scar defect. They haven’t been well researched but it’s been found the rupture rate is much much higher. The two OB consultants I saw both said I’d be fine to VBAC without the defect but it’s just too risky. At the time they only said the defect could cause issues with infertility. We weren’t TTC so I didn’t look to have it fixed. We got a surprise BFP so I thought I had nothing to worry about. It is what it is. Will you try VBAC this time too?

You've got a few more weeks to go Sarah.. I hope what ever happens in the end is something you are comfortable with, and that both you and baby are healthy and the healing process goes very quick.

I have to honestly say that when I heard that baby was breech and she didn't turn and my gynae started mentioned a repeat CS, I was a bit disappointing as well, but she explained the risk to me, a VBAC in less than 18 months after a CS and if that wasn't enough, the risk of giving birth to a breech baby - I was at ease with the decision (in fact, I never knew the risks of a breech baby, until I had one - no one prepares you for the problems they can have, luckily Liane's was minor and could be treated at home). I am just happy that both my CS went well, and I have 2 very happy and healthy babies.

My decision is made, I’m not going to go against medical advice. It is possible that I try for a VBAC and it all works out. But the risk of a rupture is not worth is. Plus I’ve heard a number of women say their VBAC recovery was harder than their c section. I’m ok with the decision. I obviously don’t want surgery but it’s the safest option. I’m just hoping it’s all uneventful.

OnErth, that makes me super nervous. I’m guessing you are aware of the 1 in 55 chance of rupturing. And if you do that at home, you won’t be able to get into the OR in time to save your baby.

I would honestly never even consider home birth, just recently I heard about a mother and in another case a mother and baby who didnt make it. Both was fairly similiar, they gave birth at home with a midwife, things went wrong and they couldnt get a gynae to them soon enough and they passed on in the ambulance. This scares the living crap out of me tbh.

Sarah, my OB also told me about the ruptare and the % chance when going for VBAC in less than 18 months is much higher. I agree with you, the risk is simply not worth putting yourself or baby at risk. Hope you get a date soon, and perhaps not too late in the pregnancy, perhaps a date between 38-39 weeks?

If you need advice, or need to talk or just VENT.. you know where to find me ;)

I had a good VBA2C with dd2 in 2007 so I'm trusting my body to do the same this time.

Sarah I’m so sorry about your scar! You had such a tough recovery last time! I’m hoping this time is much smoother. My first birth was vaginal and I actually had a much harder recovery than either c section. I really hope everything goes very smoothly this time and you heal well.

Since we got pregnant when the baby was 14 months, this time I’ve been told I’m absolutely not a candidate for a vba2c... which is fine. Not worth the risk of rupture to me and this is probably our last babe. But of course it’s always nerve wracking to go into surgery and recovery. They did say if it had been over 2 years, they’d consider vba2c.

I’ve been well. Had to get IV iron treatments but I’m feeling much better now. Did I tell you guys this little one is a FOURTH BOY?

Same Nita, it scares me. Especially after a c section. You’ve got about 20 minutes from rupture to getting the baby out. Which isn’t something you can do with a homebirth.

From what I could find, my risk of rupture is between 6-43%. It’s 0.5% for a typical VBAC with no other complications. So it’s just really not worth the risk. They’ve booked me in for 39+2. My midwife is concerned that’s not early enough but they don’t have any other spaces available. I just have to hope I don’t go into labour before that.

OnErth, I hope it goes smoothly.

TTC, thank you. It was a tough recovery. And what you said about your vaginal birth being a harder recovery was something that played into my mind when I thought I had the choice. Yes, the gap between births does make things more risky. I’m 2 years almost exactly, which is a good gap. Another boy?! Congratulations. How are you feeling about that?

Oh wow Sarah! For sure it sounds like a good choice to just do a repeat section. That’s such a high risk of rupture. I really hope everything goes smoothly for you and you have a good recovery. You’re really almost there! Only a couple weeks to go!

I’m totally thrilled to have another boy! A girl would be fun I know, but this makes room sharing and clothes and toys and just everything so easy!!!! I’m so happy!

Almost there Sarah :) how are you doing? I mean, how are you really doing? (feel free to vent) Just take things easy and hopefully your boy will stay put until its time - should he decide to come earlier will they be able to do an emergency CS? I really hope you get the easy recovery that I had after my 2nd CS - you deserve it after all you went through with W. How is W doing so by the way?

TTC what is your birth plan this time around? (also not long anymore ;) )

The hospital is a 5 minute drive from me and the dr would be on call should anything happen. Others arent that lucky to live so close of course and if they chose outside of the hospital, a good midwife is going to have them consider the risks of travel with a transfer. The first midwife I wanted to hire is an hour drive from me, a homebirth would not really work with her. The current midwife is 10 minutes away. That's just the midwife traveling but If she has to go a long distance and something bad is happening that's adding to the clock and danger.

39 weeks is close, you're almost there! Are you feeling prepared?

Sarah, thinking of you! Hope everything goes well with the CS and I wish you a speedy recovery. <3

Cross your fingers for me please ladies. I think we have our rainbow baby. Waiting for the results of second blood draw later today. <3

Fingers definitely crossed for you! Congratulations!! So happy for you

Second beta just came back at 85. First beta was less than 48 hours before at 24. Headed in the right direction. <3

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->