Clomid Ovulation

Crystal5483

Mommy to 2 girls
Reaction score
Has anyone experienced any "after" side effects?

I took my last pill almost a week ago (11.11) and now I'm experiencing mild, dull, cramp-like lower back pain. I got a negative on OPK yesterday and the day before, CDs 11 & 12, and based on prior cycles I do not usually get a positive until CD18 or so. Could ovulation be prepping earlier than normal?

I also have noticed some dull aching in my left side, where my ovary would be. Could I be ovulating earlier because of the Clomid?

Background: DD is 5 years old and was a wonderful "mishap" in 2006. DH and I have been trying for our 2nd for 14 months without any luck. FS checked hormone levels... all came back fine. SA came back only 1% normal forms but 202 million count. FS suggested Clomid to make sure that I am actually producing an egg and also to help DH's sperm get one to try...

Any ideas?

Also... been feeling a lot more gassy, too! :blush:

Thanks ladies! :flower::flower:

cramping, sore boobs, headache, and above all depression/agitation. I get really upset a few days after taking it until like 7dpo.

If you are having cramping, I would say you are about to ovulate. I always get REALLY bad cramps on the side I ovulate from. Last cycle was the left side, this cycle the right. Right on schedule.

You better get to bed!

I'd give anything to have me and DH leave work right now and go try lol :haha:

I REALLY want to deny the glass of champagne at the holiday party this year!

Me too. :)

Lol. This is my second clomid cycle. My progesterone was 23 at 3dpo, really good!! I am hoping it results in something.

How long have you been using clomid? Is this your first time?

This is my very first cycle on Clomid! Hence in very confused by it lol.

Has it made you extra tired? Im so sleepy when I get home!

I wish you all the best of luck.

Thanks! good luck to you too honey.

And yes it does make me pretty tired. But I am usually pretty tired so I dont notice it too much.

I'm also usually pretty tired! Quite frustrating!

It's a good thing the hubby is full on board but I sometimes wonder if he just enjoys the extra BDkbg lol !!

Clomid makes me ovulate late. my cycle started the first of oct. And I didnt o until nov. 2... the day the witch was due.

Christy thanks for the input! Maybe I should have bought the 20 test kit instead of the 7 digital! (darn it!)

I didn't ovulate on my first round (at least not yet) but I've been crampy tired and depressed/pissy. Ah, lovely clomid!

I'm not sure if I did or didn't ovulate. He never specifically checked anything. We've net twice. My OB referred me to him after 12 months alone and nothing.

I'm assuming if my hormones are in check (CD3 tests) then I wouldn't have any reason not to be? He seemed more concerned about DH's sperm analysis than me lol !

Wishing us all the best of luck!

This is my first cycle as well. I was days 5-9. I ovulate normally and have been put on it by my RE for low progesterone/unexplained infertility. I ovulated at the same time as I usually do according to OPK's. The day after my first positive (yesterday) I had horrible lower abdominal cramping and bloated pain. It really hurt when I walked and used the restroom! I called my doc and was told this is common and to call back if it gets worse. I took 3 advil and it calmed it down. This morning it was gone. I h ope we caught the egg this month because if that gets worse each cycle, I don't know how many I will want to try with clomid!

This was my 2 round. I would have missed mine but I randomly took an opk just to see what it would say...hoping it would be positive if I was preg. And it was +. The next day it was + again but a little lighter.

I hope you did too! We'll be attempting to catch that egg over this next week or so! I've got my baseball glove ready lol !!

Negative OPK yesterday... I swear that waiting for that positive can sometimes be harder than 2WW!

It was CD13, too! Maybe I will stay on my long ovulation cycle?

Ya, I've heard that clomid can make you O earlier or later...

Im not giving up! It's possible! Just have to keep trying lol !! Was hoping for earlier ovulation bc I don't until CD18 and started Clomid day 3...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->