Clomid question re: CD1

PrincessTaz

Winter's Mummy, TTC#2
Reaction score
Hi guys.

So I'm due to start clomid, 50mg CD2-6, on my next cycle. Well I've just been to the toilet and I'm on, 9pm.

I took clomid in 2011 to conceive my son and me period was always there when I woke up so that was CD1 ans then next day I started my clomid pill.

I guess I'm just worried about coming on so late in the day if this will still be classed as CD1.
Would I be better taking my first pill tomorrow evening instead of in the morning?

I feel like I should know this but it's been ages. Thanks in advance

My fertility clinic said if I don't get it before dinner, then count the next day as CD1 so I probably would count tomorrow as day 1 if I was you. I don't think it will severely disrupt your cycle if you are off by a day, especially considering different doctors prescribe clomid on different days of the cycle. I took it CD3-7 and was successful with that.

Good luck!

Thanks, that's what I was kind of thinking too. Plus I'm not on full heavy flow yet. It red when I wipe bot enough to flow into the pad yet. Sorry for the tmi lol. Thanks for responding

If I were you, I would take it before bed tomorrow night and just take the rest of them before bed for the round. I always took it before bed anyway, so I could sleep through the side effects. My doc said whatever day you start bleeding is CD1, no matter what time, but there are as many opinions as there are doctors.

Good luck! :)

Thank you gingerpanda. I have to call the assisted conception unit tomorrow and arrange internal ultrasounds from CD10 onwards, so I will also ask them what the advise.

It's so frustrating because I pretty much always come on first thing in the morning but the time that not doing matters I don't! Typical... It's like my body is always conspiring against me!

Mine always did that too. I had perfect cycles until I decided to TTC, and they went to hell IMMEDIATELY! Bodies suck. Lol. Doc said it was PCOS. Come to find out my thyroid was actually dying that was causing it.

Im doing days three to seven, so I think ur ok hun. Good luck

I called the assisted conception unit first thing yesterday and they said to count yesterday as CD1 ans the previous night as spotting. So I started my pills at 5am this morning. Fingers crossed it's first cycle lucky for us, I'm beyond excited!

I have tonights dose and tomorrow for the rest of my clomid cycle. What days do y'all recommend starting ovulation testing. My md had me do cycle day 5-9.

Usually I test for ov, seven days in. However you take clomid for five days then wait for ovulation for five days on out. Since day seven will be second day in on clomid I would wait for seven days from first day you took it. Any earlier could possibly be false positive due to Clomid. Found that out the hard way..lol

I'm taking clomid CD2-6 and I'll start my opks from CD10. When I was taking it in 2011 I ovulated on CD15 every single time so I'm hoping it's the same this time too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->