Clomid round 3 anyone else?

Cntrygrl, how is parker jay? Hope your both well

Danni, how is the fostering going?

Noele, how is all your schooling going? Hope your ok

Afm, day 3 of the gonal f and going well, looking forward to Friday's progress scan but a bit scared in case nothings happening! Feeling twinges in ovaries though, also felt nauseous today and dodgy tummy ( sorry tmi) hoping egg collection will be end of next week, I'm off work from next weds until I'm ready to go back so looking forward to that!

We are doing well. Trying to get a routine down.

Can't wait to see how many follicles you get harvested. It's such an exciting process.

Glad your doing well :)

Had todays scan, have 25 follicles, 14 on right 11 on left, 1 is bigger than the others and shooting ahead on the chart on the computer, that one might not be any good if shoots ahead too far but doesn't matter, lining is good at 8.5mm
Next scan is Mon then weds, hoping egg collection will be Friday next week if not then Monday, cant believe 5 days have gone already, started the cetrotide today which isnt as easy as the gonal f pen but managed it ok

Are you on a new cycle noele? Hope your not working too hard, 60 hour weeks sound exhausting

Cntrygrl, hope you and new little family are well :)

Danni, how is the fostering going?

Afm, day 7 of stimms already today, ovaries are feeling big, next scan tomorrow morning

Star- Hi so sorry I've been mia but this week was midterms for me at school and so much homework! I'm good just busy and exhausted not sure how much longer I will last doing this... Probably will cut my hours down soon because I cant keep going like this.

I'm happy your scan went good! I've got my fingers crossed for you this week and hope the egg retrieval goes well :) So excited for you!

Dannixo- How is it going with those two kids?

Cntrygrl- Hope you and baby are doing well :)

AFM- I am on CD 31 right now. Longest cycle I've had in months. AF is looming around the corner. I've had a terrible acne break out for the past 5 days. Extremely emotional for the last 5 days. Very cranky for the last two days. Terrible back pain for the last 2 days. Lol let's just say these are the worst pms symptoms I've had in a long time. Probably due to stress.

Do you test noele? You never know! Sounds like you need to more rest though and take some
More time for yourself xx

Todays scan went well, 27 follicles, going bk weds for scan and egg collection Friday, thank god no more injectons after weds nights trigger shot! Lining today was 8.88mm and follies looking a good size
Feeling bloated and uncomfortable now, not all the time, mainly in the afternoons depending on hoe much ive been on my feet or working and cant wait for egg collection, after this Thursday I'm off work until I know the outcome, very scary

Star- So glad everything is going as planned for you!! I really hope this is your month. I think it is great you get to be off work for a while. I'm excited for Friday :)

No I'm not testing. Dh and I only bd 2 times this whole month! Before all the meds my cycles were between 30-35 days long. I can only expect them to go back to that.

Star- I'm interested in how your scan went this morning :) I'm so excited for Friday for you !!

Hi it was good and not so good news
Ive responded a bit too well to the meds and now due to ohss have to freeze all embryos we get and wait and do a fet on another cycle :(
So disappointing as it will more than likely have to be after Christmas now as have to wait for af to arrive then start on the one after that
I have 35 follicles and 24 of those are mature, I have to trigger with buserelin tonight instead of ovitrelle for egg collection Friday still, bloods were taken to check estrogen levels so unless get a phone call in next hr to say otherwise its a freeze all
Trying to look at the positives that at least I responded and she said my ovaries were great and that success rates with fet are great too

Star- sorry to hear about the ohss but at least you still have get as an option. It does suck having to wait though. I'm hoping the egg retrieval goes good today. Remember to think of all of the positives... You responded well and she said your ovaries look great and those are two of the mostimportant things :) I am thinking about you today!! Question... Will there be any eggs leftover to ovulate naturally? Is there any chance of conception this cycle without ivf since there were so many eggs?

AFM- Long cycle.... Today is CD 35. Still no AF. My backache has come and gone. My hormones are a little better... Earlier this week (not exaggerating) I cried multiple times each day. It was a terrible week for me. My acne is STILL horrible though. Then 4 days ago I had light pink spotting on toilet paper when I wiped after dh and I 'dtd'. I assumed it was AF coming so I put a tampon in over night and the next morning there was only a tiny spot on it. I don't know what is going on... I've only have two cycles this long before in my life. The longest was 40 days and the second longest was 35 days. I highly doubt I could be pregnant since we only bd 2 times in the beginning of the cycle. I don't remember exactly what days but if I had to guess they we're both between CD 7-11. Which would probably be too early.

I know I am not actively ttc right now but it is always frustrating when AF decides to play games. I'm supposed to be celebrating at a Halloween party tomorrow and I would hate to drink if there was even the slightest chance... I might get test tomorrow morning just in case...

The thing that is throwing me off about all of this is that when the doctor had me sit cycles out and do a natural cycle or when dh and I needed a month or two off from ttc my cycles didn't got back to long 30+ day cycles.

Dannixo- How are you? How are things going with fostering those two children? I am so curious to see how it is going!

Cntrygrl- How are you and baby doing?

Hi noele, I would definitely test if I were you, they sound like good signs and as sperm
Can live for up to 5 days it's possible you dtd too early :)
Even When we're not actively ttc it's always there and something throws a spanner in the works to confuse us!

Egg collection went well, we got 23 eggs! Embryologist spoke to us and said as weve been trying so long and apart from not always ovulating, theres nothing obvious wrong, she had a theory it would be our egg and sperm are not binding together or sperm not penetrating the egg. Because of this they are going to do normal ivf on half of them and icsi on the other half. The sperm sample today was fine but she wants to do icsi so can see the difference in fertilisation rates between the two. This way if the normal ivf method ones dont fertilise her theory could be right, it's only a small chance she said and might not be the case but seems like a good plan
Shes going to phone tomorrow with fertilisation rates, scary!
Also I have 5 more days of injectons. 1 daily clexane to prevent blood clots due to ohss and the other is cetrotide which ive been on for a week anyway to balance my hormones out to keep the ohss at bay, also a tablet to prevent blood clots. The clexane injecton is horrible and painful, should be done with these now! Also got ugly white stockings to wear until further notice, even at night to prevent blood clots urggh!!
Got to go back Monday for check up on the ohss, such a pain
Had another blood test today to check estrogen levels again
The cannula had to go in twice as the first one had to be forced in as my hand was too cold, when nurse came in to put up drip of paracetamol she wasnt happy with it and it was hurting so they took it out and done another one on other hand, then had a blood test and 2 injectona when got home, feel like a pin cushion!

Sorry for long post!

Also I was quite 'with it's for the ec, they said I wouldn't really know what was going on and not remember but I did so luckily didnt hurt!
Had a mild general anaestheticw tamazepam, fentanyl, midazolam, paracetamol, volterol and antibiotics, been up since 4:30am too, sure I will crash out soon!

Wow star- I honestly had no idea exactly how much work goes into ivf!! That is so crazy. You do sound like a pin cushion. I hope you get plenty of rest this weekend.. so your plan is to wait until AF shows and skip that cycle and go with the next cycle? I think your doctor sounds like a good one and seems like she knows a lot. I really have been thinking of you a lot and my fingers are always crossed for you!!

AFM- no need to test... AF showed this morning on CD 36. Which is ok since we weren't trying but I couldn't figure out why she was so late. Guess I am officially back to irregular cycles. Oh well. Hope everyone has a great weekend :)

Hi ladies, hope your well?

I had the call this morning to say 20 of my eggs have fertilised! So relieved
There were actually 22 eggs not 23 as one was just a shell

10 the done icsi on and 9 of them fertilised as 1 didn't survive the injecton process
12 were normal ivf and left to do their own thing and 12 fertilised! The one that didnt make it did fertilise but fertilised abnormally

I was hoping about 10 would fertilise so completely relieved, I know it's early days and
They wont all make it to freeze ( none of them might!) but it's a really good start so still just taking it one day at a time

Posted before I saw your posts!

Thank you Danni :)

Noele, sorry af showed, hope your cycles can regulate again, hows all your course work going? Are getting any more time to yourself?

Yes my plan is to get af whenever it shows, could be anytime especially as still on injectons then stary a FET the cycle after, if I have to get provera the second cycle I will so dont have to wait but it will be after Xmas now
Also on day 21 of next cycle I will be getting the scratch again, it's part of the trial but will help for the FET cycle to aid implantation

Although the ivf is a lot it hasnt been as bad as I thought and the only reason I'm still on injections is due to the ohss so just seems a bit worse at the moment

Also forgot to answer your question noele, I think the cetrotide I was on from day 5 prevents ovulation, also im still on that one to keep the ohss at bay and as it isnt a
Natural ovulation theres no progesterone, I was meant to start progesterone suppositories day of egg collection but didnt need to as no transfer x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->