Clomid

Got another negative result. DH and I have decided to give it a rest for a while. Its become too stressful and full of anxiety. We agreed to just have 1 month off then by the time we get back into it, we will be starting IUI. Im not convinced this will work and am hesitant about starting up again.

I came to this site looking for some support in the attempt to have a baby. I entered this site warily as the last site i was on offered no support at all. I have not received any support on this site also. I thought that sites like these were great for women TTC and feeling a range of emotions, often negative. I wanted to talk to others who felt the same as i do, thinking that a little bit of support from people going through the same thing would help me cope but instead i have been let down again.

There is noone else in my life going through the same thing so i had to seek these people out. I will never enter one of these sites again as being let down seems to be the only thing i get from them.

Hello Ladies,

I am just starting my 2nd round of clomid, days 5-9 100mg. Only side effects I had first round and even last night starting my first day was HOT FLASHES. Nothing extreme just uncomfortable. My Dr did ask that I take them at night so you do get to sleep through some of it.

best of luck to all the Clomid ladies!

Sorry that you've had a negative experience on here, hotmumma! I've found a lot of really nice people on here. Maybe give it a little bit more time before writing everyone off. Good luck to you.

hotmumma: I think this site is wonderful, have you tried to seek out buddies who are in the same situation as yourself? I did this and had much success. Don't get discouraged, and bad mouth this site. You need to be more supportive yourself in order to receive support. Good luck to you

Hopefu11,
Im 28y/o , DH 33.
I am also on my second month of Clomid 100mg CD 5-9
Today is CD15, im waiting to ovulate. I also experienced Hot flashes, and a little moodiness.
I also decided to try pre-seed this month. So we shall wait and see.
Good luck to you!!

This is my first cycle of clomid, taking 1/2 tablet days 4-8. On CD 12, i went in for a blood test and my estrogen levels were 854 which is way higher than usual. Went back for another blood test and ultrasound yesterday. Nurse said i have 1 mature follicle measuring 18. When they rang me in the afternoon, they said i was surging yesterday and to also have intercourse today. That makes ovulation at day 13 instead of day 18 as it normally is. i put this down to clomid. so far no side effects.

Also decided to try pre-seed this cycle. tried it last night and it was amazing. Didnt know it could be so good. My husband is now in love with this product.

As a bonus, the nurse said i didnt need the booster injection as my body was doing it itself! YAY!!

My question is has anyone been successful on clomid or know someone that was successful and how many cycles did it take. Im feeling so hopeful again. i dont want to get ahead of myself, but i feel that this may be the month (month 13)

Hi there! So you took 25 mg??

I started my first cycle in October 50 mg which did not work to make me ovulate. I went on my second cycle in November 100mg which did not work. I started my third cycle in December I started on December 8th started taking my 150mg on December 10th. Went in on cd 13 to get a vaginal ultrasound on December 20th we had a 21mm healthy follicle my husband and I had IC on cd11,cd12,cd13,cd14,cd15 and cd16. I had a trigger on December 20th to make the egg ovulate out. I don't have PCOS I just do not
Ovulate on my own but twice a year. We are waiting to test on jan 4th which is cd28 praying for a BFP!!!!!!!!

I waited till I had my life together and found a good husband. I am 32 and my husband is 29. I feel like we waited to long :(

I came to this site looking for some support in the attempt to have a baby. I entered this site warily as the last site i was on offered no support at all. I have not received any support on this site also. I thought that sites like these were great for women TTC and feeling a range of emotions, often negative. I wanted to talk to others who felt the same as i do, thinking that a little bit of support from people going through the same thing would help me cope but instead i have been let down again.

There is noone else in my life going through the same thing so i had to seek these people out. I will never enter one of these sites again as being let down seems to be the only thing i get from them.

I to am here looking for support on this Exremely sensitive issue! I am here if you need to talk or want to compare experiences

Hello:
I am now pregnant with my first (6 weeks and some change) with the help of Clomid. I had sporadic, long cycles (31, 35, 45, etc) and ovarian cysts. I was never diagnosed with PCOS, but blood sugar problems run on both sides of my family, so I "self diagnosed." After trying for three cycles (I know, not a super long time), I decided to talk with my doctor since I already knew that cysts and irregular cycles were not a good sign. He started me on 50mg days 5-9 with instructions to "engage" every other day on days 10-21. My husband works 24 on, 48 off, so we went with 2 out of 3 days. A blood test on Day 22 showed low progesterone levels indicating that I likely did not ovulate. We decided to increase to 100 mg clomid. A quantitative HCG on Day 29 came back negative, so I started 10 days on provera to induce a new cycle and start over. We were preparing to go on a cruise around day 48, so I randomly (without hope) took a HPT just for "shoots and giggles" on day 45, and it was POSITIVE. The blood test was at 1300, and then we went out of town for a week. Later, my ultrasound showed right at 6 weeks with a heartbeat. This just goes to show that we can have faith in clomid causing ovulation, but maybe OVERovulation, almost like a second fertile window before a menstrual period. Just keep this in mind because I haven't read about anything like this on a forum before. My doctor also put me on prometrium (change from provera) to increase progesterone since it's usually low in women who conceive using fertility drugs. He also told me to take 1 baby aspirin (NO regular aspirin) per day to help with circulation. Let's pray for each other (8wk ultrasound on May 2). Other tips from my doctor: Take mucinex an hour before TTC to break down cervical mucus. Hips elevated for 20 minutes. Husband takes Vitamin E and C supplements to increase sperm count. TTC often, not just on that one day the pee stick says you're ovulating. My doctor says those are a waste of money. I also started this eating plan since PCOS is related to spikes in blood sugar and insulin resistance. Book: Insulin Resistance Diet

Hey everyone. Just joined as im very interested in knowing about Clomid.

My husband and i have been trying for a baby for 3 years now and finding it difficult as i have PCOS. I visited my doctor about a year ago and after a few appointments to see her finally agreed to refer me to the infertility clinic....but never did! Safe to say i visited another doctor last December and he actually did refer me! Had my first appointment at the infertility clinic yesterday and they're going to start me on Clomid :happydance: about time i finally have gotten somewhere! :thumbup:

I was just wondering if anyone has had any success with Clomid and what i should expect when taking it? As getting mixed reviews off the internet :shrug:

I have PCOS and Clomid did wonders for me. I highly HIGHLY recommend charting your BBT while using Clomid. It takes the guess work out of when you've ovulated. I used FertilityFriend.com, but there's other charting sites out there like TCOYF.com (Taking Charge of Your Fertility).

I've gotten pregnant twice on Clomid in a 7 month period, with the first pregnancy being a mc.

Checking my CM and CP, testing with OPKs, using PreSeed, and charting my BBT got us our sticky rainbow!

Also, NEVER get Clomid unless your under your doctor's supervision. If you shouldn't be taking clomid or if you overdose it can cause ovary hyperstimulation to the point where you can lose one or both ovaries. Doctor's watch for these things. NEVER take it on your own!

AFM, my side effects were hot flashes, mood swings, ovary sensations where I really felt my ovaries working hard, and headaches. These all started for my a day or so after the last dose. If your ovaries are causing you sharp, unbearable pain, then it's time to see the doc. Other than that be prepared to feel them work on overdrive, just how they're supposed to on Clomid! ;)

I documented my last two Clomid cycles (inclusive of side effects, OPKs and HPTs) in my "Journey to Our Rainbow Pregnancy" journal. Feel free to take a look

I just started taking my second round of Clomid Friday, and my Dr. doubled the dose (I'm taking 100mg/day instead of 50mg/day.) The first round I had no side effects that I could tell, this time I think it is causing a headache, but who rally knows if that is the cause. This is month 8 TTC. I also take progesterone after ov to help thicken the lining in my uterus, because my cycle without it is only like 24 days. I am really hoping this cycle works and that I do not experience any crazy side effects. I will let you guys know! Keep your fingers crossed for me!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->