Close age gap?

maryanne1987

Reaction score
Well I'm in the first tri again. So so happy but a little bit terrified since our daughter is only 6 months. Anyone else expecting with a close age gap or have children close in age?

My youngest and this baby aren't a close age gap but I have experienced it! When my eldest was 4 and my youngest was 7 months I found out I was expecting our third. It wasn't easy but if I'm honest that was mainly due to school runs as youngest had colic and we would just get to sleep in the morning then the alarm would go off to take eldest to school! But I see you home school so that part will be a lot easier :) you will love how close they will be, congratulations! Invest in a really good practical double pushchair :)

Thank you! Congratulations to you too! I'm still in shock I think. Did you get a lot of negative reactions when you told people? I think that's another thing I'm worried about.

Well I'm in the first tri again. So so happy but a little bit terrified since our daughter is only 6 months. Anyone else expecting with a close age gap or have children close in age?

My daughter is currently 10 months. She will be 18 months when baby #2 arrives.

Congrats! I grew up with a younger brother who was conceived 6 weeks after I was born. Hooray for Irish twins. I'm sure it was chaos for my parents, but we grew up pretty close. My younger sister came along shortly after I turned 3.

Congratulations! Are you excited? I'm nervous about managing with two young children but I still can't wait :)

Congrats! I grew up with a younger brother who was conceived 6 weeks after I was born. Hooray for Irish twins. I'm sure it was chaos for my parents, but we grew up pretty close. My younger sister came along shortly after I turned 3.

6 weeks! Wow, your mum must have had her hands full! I am hoping that it means Aurora and baby will be close growing up. Although not looking forward to being heavily pregnant with a 14 month old lol

My daughter & baby #3 will be 19 months apart.
I'm excited & think it will be so much fun!

Ds2 was 7 months old when I fell pregnant with ds3 but he arrived a month early so I've got a 15 month age gap. Ds1 was 3 1/2 when ds3 arrived and the older two both love the youngest, they are very protective of him with ds2 rubbing his head and trying to keep strangers away when they are sat in their double pushchair. It is full on but I love it, doing the school run hasn't caused us any routine issues in fact the walk helps ds3 fall asleep for his morning nap and occasionally his afternoon nap. I wish I had more time to myself to do housework etc and ds2 is a ridiculously bad sleeper at the moment which is hard but thats the biggest struggle

Thanks ladies! Our family just didn't take it how we would have liked which has upset us a lot today. So far my mum and mil have just assumed this baby was 'an accident', and although it doesn't matter, we were actually ttc. Guess I should expect that a lot :/ grrrr people are so rude!

Honestly you have to laugh off what other people think as if like me you are always worrying about other people (have recently started to change this) then they will forever be stealing your happiness! I know I'm going to get a lot of judging with us having our 4th but we love our children, we pay for them ourselves, nobody else is left to look after them, so it we chose to have 20 children what's it got to do with anyone else! Xx

Honestly you have to laugh off what other people think as if like me you are always worrying about other people (have recently started to change this) then they will forever be stealing your happiness! I know I'm going to get a lot of judging with us having our 4th but we love our children, we pay for them ourselves, nobody else is left to look after them, so it we chose to have 20 children what's it got to do with anyone else! Xx

Thanks for that! I know I shouldn't care but I do. Must work on changing that. And I think 4 is a great number! If we are still able to have children after this one (extremely low egg count) then we will Defo be going for another! Lol. We love kids in this house!

I have 3 children, 15 months between 1 and 2 and 18 months between 2 and 3, I'm also pregnant again but I love it!

I know I will get judged, I already do but I work full time I go to college 2 nights and we do it! We don't go out we don't smoke or drink we choose to have babies �� I know I'm gona get so much hate for being pregnant again but Iv gone past caring now! Having them close is so rewarding x

I have 3 children, 15 months between 1 and 2 and 18 months between 2 and 3, I'm also pregnant again but I love it!

I know I will get judged, I already do but I work full time I go to college 2 nights and we do it! We don't go out we don't smoke or drink we choose to have babies �� I know I'm gona get so much hate for being pregnant again but Iv gone past caring now! Having them close is so rewarding x

Awww glad I'm not alone :) it is the most rewarding thing ever. We are the exact same as you. I don't work though, I'm a stay at home mum, but dh works very hard, we pay for our children ourselves, we don't drink or smoke, hate going out. But we adore having a family, the Mr would have 8 children if I was able too, most broody man I've ever met! lol.

My son will be 17 months when baby number 2 is due! The hard work will be so worth it :) not babies forever!

I have 11 months between my son and daughter. Honestly it's been great!! I really love it :)
I will now have 2 year 5 month age gap which seems heaps compared to before haha.

Thanks all! Im getting super excited now :) lets just hope this little bean sticks around.

Tbh I think close age gaps are amazing 😊 I wish I was brave enough! My dd was 19 months when I fell pregnant with ds so heres only 2.4years difference and even I struggle sometimes!!! My 3rd baby will have a bigger age gap as ds will be in school by then! I take my hat off to you, i really do, they will be so close!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->