(Closed Group) Continuation from Journey to BFP and beyond...

Hahaha. Kylee, what's wrong with girls?!

I just don't know if I am equipped to handle one! Lol.

So I looked for 4-5 mins and couldn't find the hb. Don't even know if I was in the right spot. Trying not to worry about it, but I am actually pretty bummed. When I texted hubby and told him I didn't find it, he was sad. I think he was really looking forward to getting a video from me. I told him I'd send one if I found it. Guess I just have to wait until my Doppler arrives on Monday. :(

OOOOHHHHHHH! I just entered the tracking number for my Doppler and it looks like it will arrive tomorrow. Yay!!!!!

Kylee, sorry that you’re still feeling rotten. Hopefully it will get better now that the end of the first trimester is approaching. Don’t worry if you can’t pick up the heartbeat on the Doppler yet, it’s still early. And I’m sure you’ll cope just fine if it’s a girl, you used to be one :haha:

Terrissa, are you feeling movements?

I had my scan this morning and the doctor said all is well but it was underwhelming honestly. Everyone told me that the anomaly scan is the most important scan and that it lasts at least 20 minutes because they check all the organs etc, but mine lasted only 3 minutes! We could hardly make out anything and I didn’t even know what questions to ask. I’m debating getting another scan done elsewhere.

Here’s the only pic I got today :

Attachments

• 20 week scan.jpg
    20 week scan.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 1
Awww, precious baby!

Wow, 3 minutes?! Is that normal for where you live?! I wasn't timing mine but it seemed like I was in there at least half an hour. And actually that was just at 17 weeks, I have my 20 weeks scan in about 11 days. I am sure that one will be at least as long , if not longer. They pointed out all the different organs and body parts they could see, told me the weight and everything. If I were you, I'd say something, or go for another scan. They should have pointed everything out to you . Sorry it wasn't a great experience. But at least you got to see that beautiful, healthy baby! :D

Fleur, 3 minutes is really short! I would agree with you in getting another scan. T is right; they should point everything out to you. I'm sorry it was so short! :(

My Doppler arrives in the mail today. I don't think I've ever been so excited to get the mail. Lol. This meme is me right now. :haha:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 3
Yay! Let us know if you get to hear it! :) I've been so tempted to get one but dh wouldn't let me. And hopefully soon I'll start feeling kicks and will be reassured that way.

FOUND IT!!!!!!! Baby is sooooo llllooooooowwwwww. It was right at the top of my pubic bone. Doppler wasn't doing a great job of counting, so we timed it out ourselves and it looks like about 148-150bpm. I guess that's about right. I am feeling so relieved. Glad to know baby is still growing away!!!!

Yay! So exciting and reassuring. :)
Woah, are you already 11 weeks ?! You're trucking along! Are you noticing a little bump yet?

I am noticing my belly fat moving around and changing shape as my uterus pushes stuff up to make room for itself. :haha: But I did notice yesterday that my lower tummy right between my hip bones is starting to stick out a little. I can't wait to feel pregnant instead of fat over the coming weeks.

How is everyone else?

Hello ladies! I’ve been really busy at work, going on a work trip (+ vacation, yay!) to Europe next week, so lots of things to wrap up before then.

Terrissa, 3 minutes seem normal for where I am according to my friends… But I’m going to book a “proper” anomaly scan in London on France. Is your 20 week scan next week?

Kylee, glad you managed to hear the baby’s heartbeat! Can’t believe you’re almost out of the first trimester, why do other people’s pregnancies seem to fly by??

Jamie, hope you’re doing well and enjoying your time with family.

Still feeling good over here, I know I&#8217;m over half way through but October still seems a looooong way off. Just as well because we haven&#8217;t started any preps, plus I&#8217;m going away for a month (will be spending part of that month with DH, then he&#8217;s off to Morocco for a month for work, ugh, not looking forward to that). I&#8217;ve been feeling small movements for a couple of weeks now, but yesterday I felt a small prod from outside for the very first time, and DH felt one too <3

Enjoy your trip, Fleur!!! I love that your dh got to feel baby kick! I can't wait until finally reach that point.

Hey ladies!!!! How are we all doing?!!! :)

It's been awfully quiet around here! Any updates?!

I have my 20 week scan tomorrow morning! So excited. Actually, I've been terribly anxious. I had a dream last night that baby came early while I was at home, I just held her in my hands and cried, not knowing what to do. :( I wish I was as relaxed and happy go lucky as I was with my first pregnancy! Just taking it one day at a time.

I still think I'm feeling some little flutters, but no actual kicks. It's so frustrating! I really want the reassurance.

Otherwise, not a lot going on. The kids I nanny will be back in town next week. I'll be honest, these last few weeks have been a nice little break :haha: But I'm sure I'll survive.

Well our little girl and growing just like she should. I can't believe how big she's getting. I think they must have woken her up today because usually she is always wiggling around but today she just kept covering her face. :haha:

Everything was completely perfect until they measured my cervix. It should be at least 3 cm, and up until now was over 4. Today it was 3.6 without any pressure, but when the doctor pushed down on me, it started funneling and went down to less than 1! :nope: And baby was head down right on it. She put in a round thing that is supposed to help support the cervix and keep baby in. I also have to take progesterone suppositories until 36 weeks.

I'm nervous, but thankful we caught it and there's something that can be done. The doctor thinks I'll ned this sort of intervention with all future pregnancies, as my cervix is just naturally weak. :/

https://i62.tinypic.com/7163dc.jpg
Here's a pic of our little angel. Doesn't she look like she's praying? :)

24 days until I hit 24 weeks! Of course I'm hoping to get further than that, but I know at that point that is a chance of survival.

T, glad your scan went well. Sweet girl is adorable! And she does look like she is praying! Sorry to hear about your cervix. I know that must not be fun to hear. But glad it is something they can deal with! I also hate that you have to do progesterone suppositories. I hated those stupid things more than anything.

I had mentioned to my doctor this random intense urge to pee and she thinks that where my uterus is sitting might be causing my bladder to have spasms. So that has been pleasant. Lol. I will randomly feel this twinge like I need to pee and then it is instantly gone. Hopefully it isn't something that sticks around throughout the pregnancy! Appointment went well today. HR was 159-165. That's crazy fast, which makes me think it might be a girl. Hubby is getting a girl vibe now. I am still in denial. And, of course, we will love either one.

We had pizza for dinner last night and hubby is at work this evening so I had some leftovers a few minutes ago. I also made the mistake of eating several little frozen cream puff things I randomly remembered in the freezer. Those are not settling well and I am now in bed trying to convince myself not to puke everywhere. I wish dh was here to feel sorry for me. Lol. :haha:

Hi Ladies! I'm home but I still won't be on too often as I'd like, I flew my niece back with me for a couple of weeks so I'm trying to keep three children entertained ;)

Terissa, how are things going? Don't worry about not feeling strong kicks yet, most 1st pregnancies that get to this point don't feel them until after 20 weeks! Plus you might just have a more calm baby in there ;) I know with my 1st that made it that far I didn't feel anything until after my 20 week scan!

Kylee, I can't believe you're 13 weeks already! Are you going to have an early gender scan? I hope the sickness eases up for you soon! I thought mine would never go away! It finally eased up around 14-15 weeks.

Fleur-don't worry October really is just right around the corner! Time is actually totally flying by for me! I can't wait to feel movements from the outside so do and my girls can feel! I think it will be very soon as this little guy seems to be pretty strong and there's even been a couple times where I wondered if I could feel it from the outside ;)

So I have been feeling pretty well, a little more tired than I thought but good for the most part. The gestational diabetes has been very manageable. I'm super excited that I have lost about 10 lbs and haven't gained any of it back so far! I was really worried after a friend said I would gain a ton because I was having a boy, but after good ol' dr Google and talking to some other friends, the majority of what I got is boys tend to be all belly (and apparently boobs in my case lol) and girls you tend to gain weight all over and a couple of my really good friends said they really felt like they had a higher metabolism when they were pregnant with their boys!

I'm baaaaack! Pretty sure I'm here to stay this time as I have good progression (which I know doesn't mean anything but when last time and probably the time before that too it just plateaued and lingered for weeks and didn't rise at all it definitely makes me happy to see darkening lines)

Hi Natalie! Glad to see you again, this board has been pretty quiet lately, I hope we can keep keep it going and that more ladies will be joining us soon :)

Jumping back in here. Hope everyone is doing well. Still so shocked by Terrissa's news, how unfair can life be :nope::cry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->