(Closed Group) Continuation from Journey to BFP and beyond...

Fleur, wonder if your placenta location has anything to do with that. Maybe you have an anterior placenta like Terrissa! Don't worry! I'm sure all is well!

I broke down and booked a private gender scan today. I guess July 22 is when we will find out if it is a girl or a boy. I can't wait. It's just less than $50, and we have been known to drop $50+ on a meal occasionally, so I would say that finding out the sex of the baby 3-4 weeks earlier is totally worth my $50. Especially since this will bring a lot more joy than just one meal. I am slightly worried that I am going to jinx myself by booking it and lose the baby, but trying not to let fear get the best of me. Just a few more weeks until we finally get to hear the hb for the first time. Still can't believe the "listener" on the ultrasound machine at my doctor's office is broken. I feel like I have really been jipped on that. Lol. I am taking diclegis for my nausea and it has helped a lot. Still feeling a bit yucky here and there today, so I imagine I would be puking left and right if I wasn't taking anything! Thanks, doc! Going on vacation (just to visit hubby's family in Alabama) so I may or may not be around in the next week. Hope y'all are all doing well! Hang in there!!!!

Have fun on your trip :)

Found out today we are having a little girl! :happydance: So excited! We are having a reveal with our family Saturday!

Kylee, you won’t jinx yourself by booking an earlier scan! How many weeks will you be on July 22? Enjoy your vacation! I have no idea where my placenta is, the ob/gyn didn’t say anything so I guess it’s not anterior?

Terrissa, tell us more! How did the doctor tell you, how did you and DH react? What have you got planned for your gender reveal? So you were right about feeling it’s a girl right? Am I the only one with NO instinct/intuition?

Fleur, when they told me I had an anterior placenta, it wasn't something they were looking for or actually told me verbally, I saw it written in the report. So it's totally possible you do and they just didn't mention it. I was just really curious about the placenta and that's the only reason they pointed it out. And it isn't an issue or anything, it just makes it so that you can't feel kicks early. Have you felt any little tiny flutters at all? Mine have been really subtle, so if I wasn't sitting still trying to feel them, I probably wouldn't have.

And I found out from the ultrasound tech and the doctor! :D I went in for my 17 week cervical length check, but they ended up checking EVERYTHING! It was amazing to see the spine and brain and stomach...basically everything! I don't even know how they know what they're looking at, it just looked like blobs to us :haha: But as she was going along she asked if we wanted to know the gender. She said at 17 weeks it might not be clear, but she'd tell us if she saw it. And she did! Clear as day that it was a little girl! <3 Then the doctor came in and looked at a few things, and again said it was a girl. :) Hubby was right there with me. It was such an exciting feeling! It's all feeling more and more real!

We are just having close family over for brunch on Saturday, and we'll play some games and do the reveal! What I'm thinking is to have a box filled with pink balloons and wrapped up, and let our moms open it together. :) They already have grandsons, so I think they'll be really excited it's a girl (actually my mom has made it very clear that she's ready to start buying girl stuff :haha:) . They're both so anxious to know, and don't want to wait until Saturday. My MIL asked if I wanted her to bring anything, and I asked if she could make some breakfast casserole, and she said "yes, I can...if you tell me the gender now !" :rofl: It's hard for me to keep it in, just as much as it's hard for them to wait. But Saturday isn't too far. :)

Oh it is so hard to not tell Terissa! We are having our reveal on Friday, my brother keeps trying to get it out of me and I couldn't help but tell my mom the day I found out ;) I'm so excited that you are having a little girl! They are so fun to dress up! My mom and I have already started buying things for Charlie! I will try to post some pics from the reveal if I can, you should do the same!

It's so hard not to tell my mom...but she'll be okay :haha: I'm just a little unsure how it's going to be getting our families together. Besides our wedding (where I don't think they mingled much anyway) they've only been together once. Some of my family isn't very sociable, I hope everyone gets along! :/ My family is kind of used to it being just us, even with my older sister, her husband's family is hours away, so they never see them and don't have to share time with the grandkids. My husband's family, on the other hand, is mostly all in town so will be seeing baby a lot. So they will have to learn to share and get to know them! We hope!

Yes I'll post pics, and I'll be looking forward to yours! :D

It's my due date today. A bit bittersweet. I am 9+5 today, which is how far along I was when I had my d&c with that pregnancy. I am glad to be pregnant again, but sad that I am not holding/about to be holding a sweet little one.

Having a pretty sick day today... even through the medicine the doctor gave me. I have mostly good days since I have gotten the medicine, but I have the occasional rough day and today just happens to be one of them. Currently sucking on a "preggie pop" sucker and trying not to think about eating. But I know I'm hungry because I haven't really been able to stomach much today. We are in Alabama visiting dh's family and I was really looking forward to some good BBQ. Hoping tomorrow is a better day. We are here through Sunday!

Hope everyone is having a good week!

I bet it was a bittersweet day for you Kylee :hugs:

Oh I hated when I was too sick to eat anything, especially foods I normally loved! Atleast I can say it should get better for you-but it sure is miserable while you're going through it! I can't enjoy all the foods I normally enjoy for a different reason now but surprisingly it's been very manageable, the hardest part about the GD is I can't have very much bread :( forget the sweets, I just want a loaf of bread with some olive oil and balsamic vinegar!

Kylee, :hugs: Sorry this has been a hard day, but it must feel good to reach/get past the point of your loss. I know I felt better after getting to week 13. What a bummer about not being able to eat...especially bbq! I looooove bbq! Especially southern style. I live in Kansas City and a lot of people think this is the best bbq ever, but not me. I'm still a southern girl at heart. :haha: oh , now I really want some!!!

Jamie, that's tough. I wouldn't miss sweets too much either, but bread! Ah. Hope you're enjoying your trip though. Looking forward to hearing about the reveal! :)

Aww Terrissa, I love how involved and excited your family sounds. How was your gender reveal? Hope that everyone got along, I think that with the baby excitement they will have something to bond over!

Jamie, you&#8217;ve already settled on a name for the baby? Tell us about your reveal and everyone&#8217;s reactions!

Kylee, sorry that you had a bad day. How have you been since then? I also felt the same way on my first baby&#8217;s due date&#8230; sad to have lost him but so grateful to be pregnant again.

I&#8217;m not sure if what I felt last week was the baby moving but I haven&#8217;t felt anything since Thursday so I&#8217;m worried. I&#8217;ve been eating chocolate today, and had a glass of cold orange juice hoping that it will get him moving! I have my 20 week scan on Friday so I&#8217;m also stressing about that.

image.jpg

Here's one not so great picture from our reveal, it was really fun and everyone was very surprised! And yes we had been talking about names for a while and a couple days after we found out we finalized the first name, Charlie (his official name will be Charles) we do not yet have a middle name ;) ok Terissa, I want to hear about yours!

Hope everyone is doing well!

So fun, Jamie! Were a lot of people there? Did they suspect it was a boy? :)

https://i58.tinypic.com/2j3fbpu.png

Here's one from ours! :)

Our moms were the ones to open the box, and they just about cried :)

And his grandpa in the background says "....they cost more money! " :rofl:

It was a little awkward at first, because our families don't get together often. But after a while it turned it really nice and everyone was talking and playing games.

And now I'm sure our moms have bought up every girl thing they could get their hands on. :haha:

Thanks for the pics, both your gender reveal parties sound great!

Jamie, congrats on choosing a name already, I like it! Are your girls happy to be getting a little brother?

Terrissa, his grandpa is funny..but he's right! People do go crazier over baby girl clothes shopping :haha: I'm glad everyone managed to relax and get along.

Awww what a cute picture Terissa! Looks like you all had fun and I'm glad your family seemed to get along, sometimes good news like a baby can do that!!! How funny and true about what your grandpa said about it!

We didn't have a lot of people, we purposely kept it very small and intimate, it was my mom and dad, my 2 brothers and sister in law and nephew and nieces, yes my family was very surprised! My brothers whole family thought it was a girl so they came decked out in pink lol :) my one brother who has a family and was all decked in pink is very close to me and so the same day even though we had the reveal in the evening, went out and bought a few outfits for the baby :) and between me and my mom, let's just say I'm not joking when I say we will be needing extra luggage on our trip home (in fact we already got it ordered :rofl:

Btw how are you doing fleur?

Kylee are you still super sick?

Jamie, it must be a nice change buying baby boy clothes. I find girl clothes cuter in general but I'm glad I'm managing to find boy things that I like. Post some pics of what you've bought!

I'm doing OK, my 20 week scan is tomorrow so the stress is building up. I'm not sure yet but I think I'm feeling the baby move.

This is my latest impulse buy :

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 3
Fleur, that is absolutely precious. I need the same one if I am having a boy!

Still feeling super rotten. At this point, if I'm not at work, I am in bed. My body will puke up anything but easy mac and ritz crackers for some reason. I just ate a yogurt, and I am really regretting that decision because I have a meeting coming up here after while. I did have a decent first half of my day yesterday. I even ate all of my lunch! But I felt really sick all evening..... and I am back to feeling awful today. I thought maybe I was starting to get better. Maybe soon!

My friend is bringing her Doppler to work tomorrow morning and we are going to try to find baby's hb. I will try not to panic if I can't find it just yet. I won't even be 11 weeks. I did order my own Doppler and it will be here Monday. :)

Oh fleur that is so cute! Little boys in bow ties :) Looking forward to hearing about your scan! And yay for feeling movement!

Kylee that'll be nice if you get to hear it! But like you said, don't freak out if you don't because it took forever for my doc to find mine!

Ahhh! I just realized everyone knows what they are having except for me! Lol

In other news, with Terrissa having a girl, my worst fear won't come true. If I end up with a girl, I won't be the only one. Lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"