{CLOSED GROUP} Journey to BFP and Beyond!

Oh and in response to your other question, I'm pretty sure we are stick a fork in me because I'm done done haha-we are truly blessed but I'm seriously too old for this ;) I know there are plenty of mamas that have babies in their 30s and even 40s but I'm not built for it hehe

You know... I always said I wanted 2 or 3 kids, but it turns out that I just hate pregnancy. To the point that I don't plan to ever do it again. I was just anxious all the time and felt like I couldn't really enjoy it. I'm happy being done with just E, but hubby wants one more. If I ever give in, we will adopt. I just can't see myself chasing around more than one kid. I just think it's too much for me. Did anyone else who has more than one ever feel like that? Jamie, Natalie?

Fleur, I just looked at your tickers. Are you pregnant again or is your ticker off?

Terrissa, did you ever make that appointment? I'd love to hear how it went. I've been thinking about you. Good luck with this next cycle. Fingers crossed for you!

Are you getting any medical help Terrissa? Good luck with this cycle.

Kylee, I am most definitely NOT pregnant! Need to update my stickers. I had a very easy pregnancy but I was also so anxious throughout... I do want another baby but not anytime soon. My little boy hasn't slept through even once in almost 9 months so I need to get a decent night's sleep first.

How are you all doing? And the babies?

I definitely had a hard time thinking I could love another baby as much as I loved my 1st and after we had number 2 we thought we were done but now I'm pretty sure we're done! I'm too old for this lol

Fleur, I feel you on the not sleeping through. This week there were two miracles in my household when our little guy only woke once in the night from 11-6. I was getting really beaten down, because he had been waking 2-4 times a night (usually 3) for the last several weeks and I was feeling like a complete zombie at work. So nice to even have a couple days of more regular rest. Hope you are able to get some rest soon!!!

Jamie, some days I feel old as well. At the ripe age of 25. Lol.

So let's chat health, ladies. Has anyone gotten back in the gym? I started running a few weeks ago. You can't REALLY call it running, though. It's more like a hunk of lard very slowly bouncing down the side of the street while pushing a jogging stroller to look more legitimate. Lol

Fleur so nice to hear from you :)

We are not done with babies (or if we are its not by our choice lol). We are already NTNP though my cycles haven't returned and last time they took 13 months so we'll see what happens this time.

Kylee I never used to go tothe gym before I had kids, I'm certainly not going now :rofl: But the amount of running I do chasing my kids, and I regularly an carrying 16-50lbs of children everywhere so I think I'm set:haha:

We are soon embarking on the homesteading life too, which will definitely keep me active. We're still a long way off being able to afford our own land but we're going to rent a place with enough land to grow veggies, increase our flock of chickens, and get a couple of dairy goats.

Hi, Natalie! Good to hear from you! I can't imagine already trying (or NTNP) for another. You are brave! I just don't think I have the energy! No wonder you don't need to go to the gym! Lol

Glad to hear you are still moving toward the homesteading stuff. I love to hear about your journey! I am currently rereading my favorite book: Closer to the Ground. It's about a family in the Northwest US and their journey toward a more nature-oriented and sustainable life. With two small children! It's a great book!

Kylee, I thought I was the only mom with a baby older than 3 months who doesn't sleep through yet! Everyone is so amazed that I'm coping with the lack of sleep because I used to sleep for 12 hours easily, but this baby is so precious that I don't even mind waking up several times (although I wouldn't refuse a full night's sleep if he'd cooperate haha). Hope our little boys will start sleeping through soon.

I have been back to the gym maybe 3 times since he was born but honestly I never have time anymore, and I've lost all motivation. I'm also "lucky" because I've lost all of my pregnancy weight (and more!) thanks to breastfeeding and being on my feet with him, so I actually need to put on some weight / muscle.

Natalie, good to hear you're getting closer to your dream! Wow, NTNP huh. I second what Kylee said, you are brave!

Jamie, how have your girls adapted to having a little brother?

Terrissa, how are you doing?

Good to see the group picking up again...kylee-you're hilariousany exercise is great, I have been hating my body lately :( I'm one of the unlucky women who actually gain weight while breastfeeding, so about a week after I had him I was actually down 30 lbs lighter than my pre pregnancy weight because of the weight I lost while pregnant, I have since gained every last pound back plus about 10 more :( fortunately I've finally evened out and have stopped gaining but every time I try to start restricting my calories or work out my supply immediately is affected. As soon as he turns 12 months I'm giving up all nursing except for the morning and evening if I can keep it/I just need to feel like me again! Fleur, I've been very blessed in the sense that I've never had to deal with jealous siblings/acting out/regressive behavior when our second or 3rd child was born.

Woooooah. Hi ladies!! Remember me?! Glad to see this thread active again :thumbup:

T- keeping you guys in my prayers

Hello Katie! What's new?

Jamie, it must be lovely having 2 little helpers at home! When was Charles born? I see he came a bit early.

Kate! Hiiii!!!!!! How are things?

Ahhh! I am so happy to see most of us back! I really hope we can keep up with one another as our families grow and change. You all have always been such a wonderful support group!

So I have really chilled out with the exercise, as E has suddenly decided he despises the jogging stroller. So now I can't even get out of the driveway with it before he gets upset. I am thinking maybe he is just hot. We are walking after dark, but it is still quite warm. Hubs is working long hours so if I want to exercise, I have to get it done with baby in tow. It's a struggle now. And it was going so well for a few weeks. I was so motivated! (Please notice past tense in the previous sentence :haha:)

Fleur, you are certainly not the only one whose baby isn't sleeping through. Don't feel alone! Those darn breastfed babies just tend to wake. Lol. I had hoped that now that he is eating some solids I might get some more rest, but that was obviously just wishful thinking. I give up.

Anything else new with anyone?

Terrissa, have you popped by recently? Thinking of you guys. :hugs:

I'm also happy to be back in touch with you all and hope we'll follow each other's journeys :flower:

Kylee, everyone told me he'd start sleeping through once he was on solids but his sleeping actually got worse, how is that possible?! I also give up! Till when are you planning to breastfeed?

Terrissa, also thinking of you and hoping you're OK.

Yes Fleur it is nice! Yes he came a little early but we knew he would :) he was exactly 3 weeks early, I can't believe it but we are already planning his 1st birthday! (October 24th) We are doing a lumberjack theme- we've never gone really big for any of my kids first birthdays but we're going to go kind of big for his since he's probably our last, I'm actually really excited about it!
My little guy sleeps through the night and has since he was about three months I've been blessed in that area with all my kids however he does still wake up occasionally to nurse at a random time but he usually goes right back to sleep my biggest issue I have with him is napping during the day he sometimes will go a whole day without a single nap!!!!!!!!!! I cannot understand it my girls were never like that they slept through the night and napped several times a day and with him he is so finicky about sleeping during the day- I can't get anything done

Oh, our boys are almost twins - mine was born on the 25th October :D Time sure does fly, I also can't believe he'll be one soon, I feel so nostalgic already! I was wavering between just cutting a small cake at home with my parents or having a proper party. I made a guest list yesterday of all the people I would like to invite and those I HAVE to invite : 13 kids, 40 adults! So I'm going back to the small cake at home although I was getting excited about planning a party - it will wait till he's big enough to care haha.

Mine has been horrible about sleeping ever since he was born - he would NOT nap unless in someone's arms. If we put him down he'd be up twenty minutes later. Now nap times are a bit better (especially if he hasn't slept enough at night), but he still wakes up several times overnight. Thinking of moving him to his room soon to see if that helps.

Oh, our boys are almost twins - mine was born on the 25th October :D Time sure does fly, I also can't believe he'll be one soon, I feel so nostalgic already! I was wavering between just cutting a small cake at home with my parents or having a proper party. I made a guest list yesterday of all the people I would like to invite and those I HAVE to invite : 13 kids, 40 adults! So I'm going back to the small cake at home although I was getting excited about planning a party - it will wait till he's big enough to care haha.

Mine has been horrible about sleeping ever since he was born - he would NOT nap unless in someone's arms. If we put him down he'd be up twenty minutes later. Now nap times are a bit better (especially if he hasn't slept enough at night), but he still wakes up several times overnight. Thinking of moving him to his room soon to see if that helps.

Oh well Fleur that is amazing I had no idea yours was born just the very next day! I know what you mean about the birthday party I'm already tearing up thinking about it but I'm excited about it and knowing that he's probably our last we are actually going big this time around I know it's more for us but he was such a miracle that I definitely want to do something bigger this time especially because are so many people in our church that I'm close with that prayed for him that I really want to have there to celebrate the anniversary of his birth! We were thinking about doing a construction theme or something like that so I got on Pinterest and started looking at ideas and then I saw a lumberjack themed party and I knew that was it LOL so we have been planning a lumberjack party we're probably going to have about 75 people there so I had to rent a hall for it but I've never done something this big before outside of my wedding and I'm actually really excited for it-we will definitely not have something big like this for a while after :)

Jamie, that sounds like so much fun!!!! I hope you plan to post pictures for us!!!

Fleur, I am happy to hear that your little guy doesn't sleep in his room either. I remember once telling my husband that I would DEFINITELY have him in his own room at 6 months. Hahahaha. Nope. Not even close. But as a working mom, I honestly just enjoy all the time I can with him in the evening and at night. He is asleep in my arms this very moment. He won't be little forever, so I am just going to enjoy it while it lasts. Though I wouldn't argue if he would sleep for longer stretches at night. We just returned from vacation and he has been waking every 2-3 hours the last few nights and I am worn out!

Along those same lines, I am going to take a moment to complain: I deleted my Facebook app in early June so I wouldn't be tempted to waste time scrolling the newsfeed, so I rarely use it anymore. I pulled it up on the internet today to do some scrolling and remembered the other reasons for leaving it behind. I have a "friend" (someone I went to high school with but wasn't very close with) whose baby is 3-4 weeks younger than Everett. She was COMPLAINING that she was missing workouts because her son is now sleeping so late that she just wants to sleep in instead of getting up and working out in anticipation of him waking up 45 minutes later (he now wakes around 7:30 instead of 6:15 after going to bed at 7 the night before and sleeping through.) if my child slept for 12 hours, I would be having an anxiety attack and assuming he was dead. I had a moment where I wanted to punch her for complaining that her 6 month old sleeps in. She has nooooo idea. Rant over.

How is everyone else? Natalie, how is Jeremy doing?

Oh! I do want to add this hilarious picture I took of E at his very first soccer game while we were on vacation. He is chowing on a teething toy. His first tooth is going to break through at any moment!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 2
I've been reading, just am seldom in a position to comment.

We're doing great- Jeremy is 5 months old already! Growing like a weed. He's not very active yet (he's rolled back to front twice while awake, and rolled twice in his sleep including once off the bed which I feel awful about) but we're doing natural gross motor development which does take them a bit longer to reach milestones under their own steam.

I'm excited for him to start solids in the next month or two (again he'll lead the way in that - my eldest was nearly6m before she starred taking food off my plate and my middle was about the same age Jeremy is when she stole steak right off my fork and wouldn't let go til she sucked it dry haha. So far all he's interested in at meal times is the place mat :rofl:

He still sleeps on me, both for naps and at night.

Enjoying him ever so much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->