[CLOSED GROUP]Team Festivus 2014: Let's party! Where's the eggnog?

We have our 1st gift in the house....a magic bullet for OH! lol I've been using his nutribullet to grind Sadie's cat food so he has it in his head that anything he blends is now gonna taste like cat food lol

I just remembered I need to buy him a ring....he lost his other one last time we went snorkeling!:dohh: Right between the lave rocks, we joke there will always be a piece of us in Hawaii! :haha:

I'm super excited about decorating my tree tonight! Just saying...

I think I got all my shopping done!
What a relief!

I need to buy my little baby Tezka some cat treats... maybe get some stocking stuffers for my sis and the Mr.
Otherwise, I'm good.

I'm the most excited about some KISS leggings I got my sister, and the Iphone 5s I got Mr.Snack... :happydance: Can't wait to see them open their gifts!

On that note, we are really big on 3 Wise Men day... January 6th. We leave our shoe out for the 'Wise Guys' to leave us a treat... <3
I usually save the good stuff for that day... (Jewelry, concert tickets, stuff that fits in a shoe). I got Mr.Snack a new beaded-belt buckle... i think its from Montana. He is a MAJOR beading-nerd. FYI. We have beads for days! I think he's gunna be just as stocked about the buckle on the 6th, as he will be about the phone.

For now, here's my baby... hanging out with 'not her gift'...

Attachments

• tezka xmas.jpg
    tezka xmas.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 7
3 Wise Men day, How interesting....I've never heard of that! I like that idea.

How is Tezka liking the new house and neighborhood?

Had to do some investigating! :thumbup: :haha: Read me if you want to know more about the 3 wise mens day!

Its actually really fun to HAVE to come up with things that fit in a shoe... And, not getting caught sneaking things into each others shoes! Hehehehe.

Tezka is 'ok'. The house is big enough that shes running around and up to no good as usual... But I know she misses the natural stimulation of the country. You know, chasing and torturing real smaller animals... Catching birds while they sleep in their nests at sunrise... :'( All those cute things that kept her busy.

In summary, she seems VERY bored. I want to cave and get another cat.

She hasn't been outside yet. I am so SCARED of the cars! I dunno if I will ever be ready for her to walk outside, tbh :(

oh yeah... And theres the Rosca... this huge donut like bread that has a 'baby' in it... (or maybe several)...
Who ever gets the baby has to host a party/dinner for Feb 2nd... WE ALWAYS GET THE FREAKN BABY!!!!!! :(

Awwww, yea I've always lived in areas that are car heavy, so I would never let the girls out alone.

Be careful with the new cat idea! I just DO NOT KNOW how some people can get more cats and they all get along! I don't get it! lmao I've had a couple cats because my oldest looked lonely....she didn't get along with either! Then the 4th was just because I wanted her, same for the 5th (3 is the most I've had at one time) but it took foooorever for Sophia (the oldest) just to tolerate the other two...meaning not growl when they get within tail distance of her. And she stalks the hell out of the newest cat lol, drives us up the wall.:dohh: None of my cats groom each other or lay on each other etc etc. I said next time maybe I'll get a sibling pair.

I love hearing about everyone's traditions!

We have our 1st gift in the house....a magic bullet for OH! lol I've been using his nutribullet to grind Sadie's cat food so he has it in his head that anything he blends is now gonna taste like cat food lol

I just remembered I need to buy him a ring....he lost his other one last time we went snorkeling!:dohh: Right between the lave rocks, we joke there will always be a piece of us in Hawaii! :haha:

How funny, DH lost his wedding ring at our honeymoon while we were snorkeling too, lol. Then he lost his 2nd ring when we went camping and he jumped into the river from a rock. Now he is not allowed to wear his 3rd ring in water, lol.

When my grandpa was alive we used to do the 3 Wise Men, and the Rosca, he was all into his Mexican traditions, oh how I miss him. We have not done those in 5 years now, but mom wants to try the Rosca again this year, so that should be fun.

We sort of celebrate the Three Wise Men Day (we call it Epiphany) but we don't do anything cool - it's just the day you traditionally take your tree down. (I think because the wise men need the lights to stay on to find the baby?)

We do king cake, but at Mardi Gras. We don't have to host a party if we get the baby, we just have to make the cake the next year.

An alternative to the traditional Yule Log video:

https://youtu.be/ZuHZSbPJhaY

Awwww, yea I've always lived in areas that are car heavy, so I would never let the girls out alone.

Be careful with the new cat idea! I just DO NOT KNOW how some people can get more cats and they all get along! I don't get it! lmao I've had a couple cats because my oldest looked lonely....she didn't get along with either! Then the 4th was just because I wanted her, same for the 5th (3 is the most I've had at one time) but it took foooorever for Sophia (the oldest) just to tolerate the other two...meaning not growl when they get within tail distance of her. And she stalks the hell out of the newest cat lol, drives us up the wall.:dohh: None of my cats groom each other or lay on each other etc etc. I said next time maybe I'll get a sibling pair.

My cats were difficult too at first, not so bad now. When I got my second cat, Z was NOT impressed. He growled and hissed and couldn't even be touched for weeks because he was so thrown off even by the scent of her in the house. But she looooooves him and if he's sleeping she can sneak up to snuggle and groom him but if he's alert he'll always get away from her, it's kinda sad! And the new one, OMG was he a tough one. Z really could not stand him because he was always trying to play but Z does NOT play, not like that at least! Luckily Loki now recognizes his authority and there is now some light playing allowed occasionally but if he over steps his bounds he'll get a beat down. Loki and our middle cat, Persephone still don't do well. She's scared of him and always hisses and he thinks she's running so he can chase her. :dohh:

An alternative to the traditional Yule Log video:

https://youtu.be/ZuHZSbPJhaY

Omg, that's totally going on the TV Christmas morning!!! Omg, the snorts and heavy breathing!!! :rofl:

When we got our 2nd cat, it was BAD for a long time. Mine would even attack her in the litter box. :dohh: They eventually settled down, but they still rarely cuddle or lick each other. The 3rd cat, though.... She was mostly raised by the dog, which is a good thing if all the cats are raised by dogs- and ours weren't. She's a little too confident and pretty mean to cat #2. And cat #2 lets this happen because she's too afraid to just give it back to cat #3. So, 2 years later, they still hiss and growl on a daily basis. (Does anyone want a beautiful but bitchy Siamese mix? She's awesome with kids & dogs! :haha: )

Omg that cat video is hilarious! Poor thing! :rofl: Could you imagine if he wanted to sleep in bed with you? One of mine snores, but not like that!

I feel really glad mine get along so well! But they were from the same litter, so they flip shit if they're separated. They cuddle and groom each other til they fall asleep. It's so cute. But I know they would be pretty mean if we got another cat. They're even terrified of anyone who isn't me and hubs. When the neighbor lets his dogs out, they sit at the glass door and growl at them. :haha:

Tx- that's like my family- it's the Epiphany and we keep everything up until then. I think we need to add cake to the tradition though!

GP- my cats are like that- they're from the same litter too so like to be together. Right now they're both curled up together next to me. I hate to think what would happen if something happened to one of them.

Ohhhhhh.....now I know why some people always seem to have their decorations up for so long or put their trees out so late! :dohh: I thought everyone was just lazy! :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->