[CLOSED GROUP]Team Festivus 2014: Let's party! Where's the eggnog?

i have a lot to think about with this 2nd cat business.... wow.
i assumed she'd be fine with whatever cat, but you guys right. the only other cat she shared space with was introduced to her as a kitten, he was an orphan. so she kinda took him under her wing... i guess i assumed she was 'great with other cats' in general. maybe not :(

Ok. So last night was a total fail!
Tree is out of the box, and up. But, no decor, no ornaments... nada. I did make 40 green-salsa enchiladas though... hahahaha.

Maybe I should post a pic of those.

Oh I am so hungry and want one of them!

So glad I have dogs instead, lol

LOL @ you thought everyone was just lazy. I like to take my decorations off ASAP, usually by Dec 26, lol

I don't even know what a green-salsa enchilada is, but I think I need one.

Those sound incredible. I know what I am making this weekend!

OMG that sounds yummy... I'm not normally a green sauce girl, but can you come feed me?

On the cat side, I will never get more than one cat again (once these guys are gone, which considering cat #3 is 2... will be forever) unless they're litter mates. Not. Worth. It. The dog really needs a dog friend, but we're really uncomfortable doing even that since the cats are still in such a state of upset all the time. :dohh:

I love reading about everyone's holiday traditions (and cats).

I would kill for an enchilada right now! Too bad I've identified that I am corn intolerant. :sad2: What will I do without tamales on Christmas Eve!

I just read this today and thought I'd share. Big fan :thumbup:
https://www.deseretnews.com/article/865590425/How-and-why-to-be-the-meanest-mom-in-the-world.html?pg=all

That's my old home town! Aww corn intolerant is a tough thing for sure! I feel your pain.

Thanks, Ren. I was so hoping it wouldn't be corn.
I'm currently reintroducing dairy, so fingers crossed that I can still enjoy cheese (gluten reintroduction will follow). But corn, oh corn, how I'll miss you! If I'd have known our lives together would be cut short, I would have had popcorn for dinner one last time. :munch: I still need to figure out if even a little corn starch in soups and sauces will makes me sick. I'm hoping it's not that severe, but I am definitely sure that I shouldn't have corn tortillas, masa, popcorn, posole, and really corn-y foods (all of my favorites of course) unless I'm willing to feel very ill.

Pirate, I think instead of obsessing about TTC, I'll spend more time figuring out what kind of parent I hope to be.

I hope everyone is having a festivusy night! I'm repainting some furniture I bought from an antique store with my new paint sprayer I bought off a home shopping channel :haha:(err, that I happened to flip by while channel surfing :blush:). I'm trying to get everything ready for the company arriving on Monday! :wacko:

I am looking forward to just having hubby and myself alone for the holidays.

Lionchild. Try picking up some lactaid pills. It made the reintroduction of dairy much more gentle on me. Gluten, oats and carrots are all no go for me. Dairy I love and can handle in small amounts and sometimes with help.

Lion, I would have a really hard time without popcorn. :( I think I'd rather do without cheese!

LOVE that article.

Sigh. Tree still isn't decorated.

OH and I had our own festivus celebration last night. We gave the cats their presents, exchanged our presents and had a nice meal (steak!) with the last bottle of red from our France holiday. Tonight is friends' Christmas party, then we're off tomorrow! It's been nice having all day to get ready for the trip. Usually I'm packing at the last minute and run out of time to do things like clean out the fridge.

I got this idea from GP's journal!

Everyone post ONE ugly sweater picture by xmas...it can be a a pic from online or something you personally have or something you saw in the store and just took a pic!

You can post multiple pics but you will pick ONE to be your final and you have to title it "MY PICK" Or something so we know thats your official sweater.

All entries have to be in my xmas, then everyone will PM me their vote for best ugly sweater! And I'll announce the winner a couple days after xmas to give everyone time to vote! :thumbup:

(Be sure to make sure someone else hasn't posted the same pic!)

Finally got the tree decorated! FFS.

Lol Lilly! I'm sure there are a lot of bad ones out there!

https://universalbeauty.tumblr.com/post/38148240576/the-russian-santa-claus-in-siberia-the-eastern

Siberian Santa

I got the best ugly sweater last year at a white elephant party. I'll have to get festive and take a photo! Great idea Lilly!

In other holiday news, my mom got Ellie (Elfie?) an elf hat.
https://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e38/sortasandy/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsf77d8055.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->