[CLOSED GROUP]Team Festivus 2014: Let's party! Where's the eggnog?

Wohoo Ameli & baby Abigail <3

It's that time of year again! Hello, Winter! :xmas3:

Ladies, take a moment to update us on where you are in the TTC world, which winter holiday is your fav, and what your plans are this year! :xmas12:

Here is a reminder of where we left off last year:

Team Festivus: Babies(3), & bumps(4), & BFPs(3)! Oh my! Congrats Ameli!

TEAM FESTIVUS:
LillyTame
Snackimals:yellow:
Txbiscuithttps://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Babies/baby-girl.gif
ClandestineTx:bodyb:
Pirate
Fezzle
Amy89https://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Babies/baby-boy.gif
Mrs.JJ:blue:
MIZZYD:pink:
HappilyTTC https://www.sherv.net/cm/emoticons/dogs/walking-the-dog-smiley-emoticon.gif
Nicki123:bfp:
Twag:blue:
GingerPanda
Amelihttps://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Babies/baby-girl.gif
Bibliophile:bfp:
Lionchild
mara16jade :bfp:
Renaendel​

It's a Festivus miracle!

We have one baby with no plans to TTC #2 in the next year. My favorite winter holidays are all of them (Ellie and my birthdays, Thanksgiving, Hannukah, Christmas...) :xmas3:

My update: Still TTC :cry: My fav holiday is New Years. Of course I like them all, but New Years represents a new start, another try to get things right (IF you feel you didn't the year before). :haha:

Okay my favorite winter holiday is thanksgiving, I think. Picking a favorite is so hard.
My ttc plans in short are do iui through the winter then who knows.

Yay, festivus time again!

I have to figure out a new bird recipe. We had always basted Cornish hens with balsamic and baked them. Turns out balsamic sets off my Ceilac from the aging process in the barrels. You guys have some good bird recipes?

Hi :)

I have one baby, and we don't have any immediate plans for #2. Probably when lo is 1y.o.

My favorite winter holiday is Christmas!! :D

Yey!! I wont miss this one, since I missed the Halloween one :nope:

Well last year I was pregnant and now my girl will be 6 months on Saturday :wacko: We don't have any plans on TTC #2 yet, not 100% sure if more babies are in the books for us, but if yes then I would like to start TTC when my girl is 1 year old. I love all Winter holidays!! But of course Christmas is my favorite and this year will the best ever!!

Yay! Festivus is back!

I am very excited for Christmas since we're in the new house and going to decorate it and get a tree! I'm going to visit my family for a week in the US which is always nice too.

Still TTC, though unlike last Christmas, now I seem to be ovulating thanks to Metformin. Currently on the Clomid train for at least the next 3 months.

Yay, Festivus!

As for me, Thanksgiving is by far my favorite winter holiday. It's a time for family to get together with no expectation for anything other than a great meal (no presents, etc.). We're hosting Thanksgiving at our house again this year and it looks like there will be 21 plus us. I'm already busy planning the menu! For Christmas, I'm looking forward to decorating the house and picking out our yearly ornament. We decided not to travel this year for Christmas (we've always traveled to both his family and mine and have never been at our house on actual Christmas) so we'll spend a weekend with both families around Christmas and then spend Christmas Eve and Christmas day at our house with each other. We always said that when we had kids we would no longer travel and spend the day at home with our family, but we've accepted that kids likely aren't part of our future so we needed to start our own traditions with our family of two. We are really excited! We've even talked about going to an adults only resort over the holidays sometime in the next few years.

@Ren, I don't have a recipe per se (I'm more of the "throw ingredients I think will go well together and see how it turns out" type of cook) but what I usually do is make a rub out of a bunch of different spices (garlic, black pepper, red pepper, etc.) and coat the bird generously, coat the whole bird in butter (at least 2 sticks) shove another stick in the body cavity, and then put several cloves of garlic in the cavity, and then baste/inject the bird with juices throughout the cooking process. Not revolutionary by any stretch but it always turns out well, I think. Clandie has a great "Drunk Turkey" recipe that I may try this year. It involves creating a rub and then dousing it in wine, but I know you have issues with most wine.

Hubs and I became officially estranged from his family after the holidays last year. So this year we're going to do Thanksgiving with my family in Nashville.

I'm still TTC. Had another miscarriage since last year. Starting on Provera today, then 5mg of Femara CD3-7 of my new cycle with progesterone supplements after a BFP. Hoping to have a little something baking by the time Christmas rolls around. We'll be staying home together for that, most likely.

Has anyone started decorating for Christmas yet? Any big plans for New years?

We don't have any plans for New Years eve/day but between the 4th-11th I have a coworker that has a time share in Vegas and he has invited us so we are thinking of making that our honeymoon!

No decorations for Christmas yet. I always decorate the weekend after Thanksgiving. As for new years IDK yet, most likely stay home!!

Vegas sounds fun!! It's been a while since I've been, I am starting to miss it.

Way too early to decorate! We usually do it the weekend after Thanksgiving, but we might do it a little bit early this year.

No New Years plans. We're pretty boring. :)

Nope no Christmas decor until all my thanksgiving and fall stuff gets put away. I have no plans for new years yet, but we usually go to a friend's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->