[CLOSED GROUP]Team Festivus 2014: Let's party! Where's the eggnog?

I'm so excited for December too, it's looking like I'll get to carry out my plan of telling my parents and in laws that they're going to be grandparents! :haha: So my Christmas shopping is done, cuz how can you top that?!

Hooray! Congratulations! :happydance: Do you know how you're going to tell them yet?

Yea actually. My mom wants a Militant Civilian tshirt (dh's band). I plan to tuck an ultrasound picture into the shirt that will fall in her lap when she opens it. I'm expecting she'll probably scream at that point and then dh and I can spill the beans :haha:

Of course, if she doesn't recognize it for what it is (she's a nurse) then I'll have an even bigger laugh

Finished up Christmas shopping for DH today! DS is also done and everything wrapped and ready to go! Just need our new tree to get here and it will really feel like Christmas :)

Do you all have any favorite sweets you like making? I'm on the hunt for new recipes to make packages up for the neighbors

The thing that always goes over the best is oreo balls, but I'm not sure how well they stand up when you give them to people. I might do some baking for coworkers and neighbours on the weekend DH is away for the walk (12 Dec)- and since that Sunday we're getting our tree, also keep some for ourselves to eat while we decorate it!

Kksy9b- we make these every Christmas! They are great butter shortbread cookies to have with coffee and make fantastic gift plates.

https://thegreekhousewife.blogspot.com/2012/12/kourabiethes-greek-christmas-cookies.html?m=1

I love chocolate chip cookies, my favorite all time!!

But I usually make ginger cookies and they are so good!! This year I won't be baking (ok, maybe just my chocolate chip cookies, but we will see)

I have my niece and nephew's gifts. Still need parents, daughters, and DH.

Can I get some of the moms on here to hit me with some gift ideas y'all have for your kids...? Please :)
I'm curious, wanna know what parents get a 1yr old, vs a 3yr old... 9mth old, etc.
(Im also undecided on Amali's gifts)

I got Ellie some books, as well as a harp and a drum set (the drum set was 75% off when I snagged it https://www.amazon.com/Hape-Early-Melodies-Rock-Rhythm/dp/B00IHZYXEE). She has loved baby dolls forever so I might get her some baby doll accessories for her stocking.

As far as other ideas, my mom got her a little Playmobil 1.2.3 dollhouse for her birthday that we've ended up playing with almost every night since. I think the Playmobil 1.2.3 stuff is 18 months+. She also really liked the Rody that my sister got her (she immediately named it Sophia and started brushing it and hugging it. When she gets home, she runs to Sophia to ask Sophia how her day went). https://www.amazon.com/Gymnic-8002-Rody-Horse-Red/dp/B00005BAHT

My friend got her kids I lost my name books. So each one had a book with their name on it.
I saw a post on Fb that I like the idea of one thing they want, one thing they need, one thing to wear and one thing to read. :)

I love that Ginge! And it so great with adapting to different stages!

Texas: That drum kit is awesome! I did have in mind a rocking horse type of item... so that's also great! And, I like that its soft, Amali is amazing at hurting herself on hard surfaces :(

I like that Cowgirl! I also want to get her at least one thing to wear, she LOVES horses (which is beyond me because she is around horses about 0% of the time). So, the best I can do is get her horse stuff to wear <3
I did get her a "need" already https://www.target.com/p/ace-bayou-kids-traditional-reclining-chair/-/A-15338210
^because she really needs her size furniture, and she loves to sit around reading books

I guess I'm still short on something she "wants" and something to read... (probably a potty training book, because shes already really involved/interested with the whole concept of using the toilet.)

Ellie and I love the book "Potty" by Leslie Patricelli. It was actually her favorite book for about 6 months. (It is in no way high-brow children's literature. But Ellie loved it.)

We finally got our tree! :happydance: We went to target twice (to see if they had restocked) then a 2nd Target and they didn't have any we liked...they only had a few left actually, so we were starting to think uh oh what if all the ones we like are taken! We ended up going to Walmart and finding one.:thumbup: Now we have to get around to putting it up! :coffee: I've never decorated before so I really don't know how without it being tacky lol So we're only doing the tree and a reef on the door unless I see something else I feel I can do. It's a start! Because we've spent so much on the baby and the fact that I'm having a baby we're not doing presents for anyone, so I'm going to wrap the empty boxes of the stuff we've bought to put under the tree! :haha:

Hooray for a Christmas tree! Glad you found one you like! We ended up finding ours at Lowe's last year. We only do a tree and wreath as well.

We got a tree yesterday. I put up the lights last night, but got sick and went to bed early. Ellie and I will put on some of the ornaments tonight. We still don't have our lights up outside our house. This holiday season has been crazy hectic so far!

We put up our tree and decorations a few days ago. So exciting!! Little Mizzy loves the lights, she seriously wants us to keep them on all day. Every time we have guests she shows off our decorations, it's cute. IDK what we want to get her for Xmas yet. DH wants to get her a small piano/keyboard. I wanted to get her a small baby doll but not sure.

watch

Finally got the tree decorated! Ran out of garland towards the bottom so will pick some more up today. But I am really happy with it! Its a 9 foot tree and fills the spot perfectly! Still need to finish getting the mantle decorated up but otherwise I am done!

Got the last address today I needed so can send the last Christmas letter out.Waiting on 2 more packages to come in the mail but everything else is bought, wrapped and ready to go under the tree!

Next on my agenda is picking out treats to make for the neighbors. Baking this weekend so still lots of time to get ready.

I don't think I've ever been so on/ahead of schedule!

Our anniversary is coming up in 2 weeks and I still need to prep for that but that's pretty easy :)

Here's a picture because my phone is silly and won't post it with my other post :)

Attachments

• IMG_20151208_085018.jpg
    IMG_20151208_085018.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 6

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh