[CLOSED GROUP]Team Festivus 2014: Let's party! Where's the eggnog?

No tree here. We have kitties. Plus we have no need for a pagan fertility symbol. No more babies wanted at this time! :haha:

late. but here. (its like what I do now: be late. to everything. always :( )

I love Christmas trees. We have a small fake one (that I'll probably bring to work this year) and another fake one that is almost identical to this that will probably go in Ellie's room:

https://st.hzcdn.com/simgs/c4b1f86200a6704a_4-5005/contemporary-christmas-trees.jpg

We'll get a real tree at a Christmas tree farm outside of town in a few weeks. I'm sure Ellie will pull off the ornaments, but we don't really have anything breakable (they're all fabric/crochet/knit) so I'm not too worried. There's a nonprofit here that gives out saplings if you recycle your live tree (they turn them into mulch), so I'm thinking we might do that this year and plant the baby tree in our yard.

We'll also put lights on our house, and I always decorate our stroller with Christmas lights. (It's festive, and it gets dark so early that the lights make me feel a little safer when we go for afternoon/evening walks.)

^ love every word of that post Texas! You are my Christmas Hero!

Hmm maybe I can convince DH to get the tree up early :haha:

Tx, that is so cool that you can get a sapling for your Christmas tree! I wish they did that here!

Decorating the stroller is the best idea ever! I saw some battery powered lights the other day I think I need to get them

One of my friends is attending an ugly sweater party and needs an idea for a couple's ugly sweater theme. They want to try to win, and her husband has set aside money for this (I know!).

Their ideal costume:
- PG13
- not just a store bought sweater/something you'd see at every ugly sweater party
- somehow incorporates her husband's foot, which is in a cast

They seem to think I'm creative enough to come up with a winning idea for them, but I'm coming up empty. Anyone else have any ideas? One of last year's winners was a guy who tied mistletoe to his wiener...

Do something like the typical halloween pregnant woman costume with the baby sticking out. But make it "Santa(s) Baby?" Though that terrible song will be stuck in everyones head. I still remember being in Utah durring christmas working retail, it would come on. Every year I would have mothers come up to me and whispering "You shouldn't be playing this in the store, it is about S E X.. (spelled out)....

One of my friends is attending an ugly sweater party and needs an idea for a couple's ugly sweater theme. They want to try to win, and her husband has set aside money for this (I know!).

Their ideal costume:
- PG13
- not just a store bought sweater/something you'd see at every ugly sweater party
- somehow incorporates her husband's foot, which is in a cast

They seem to think I'm creative enough to come up with a winning idea for them, but I'm coming up empty. Anyone else have any ideas? One of last year's winners was a guy who tied mistletoe to his wiener...

Make her sweater a reindeer in a sleigh and his sweater a grandma getting hit by the sled...then he can say he and grandma got hit by the sleigh? :shrug: Heehee, makes ME giggle :haha:

Do something like the typical halloween pregnant woman costume with the baby sticking out. But make it "Santa(s) Baby?" Though that terrible song will be stuck in everyones head. I still remember being in Utah durring christmas working retail, it would come on. Every year I would have mothers come up to me and whispering "You shouldn't be playing this in the store, it is about S E X.. (spelled out)....

Seriously? Sexy tone yes, but I don't remember any lyrics that were actually sexual even if implied....guess I'll have to break out my CD early and double check :haha:

Yey!! It's back!! So excited!!

Well let me see, Thanksgiving we are going to the in-laws. I have been on a mission to find a good apple pie since I have been craving it, with some ice cream on top!! I don't even care about the food really, just give me apple pie!!

For Christmas we are going to my moms, which I hope it's good because we always have a horrible time we end up coming home early. As painful as it was I already told my mom that if this year it was the same it would be the last year we go to her house for a holiday. I don't want my girls growing up with sucky holidays just because my siblings suck and are bitter or just because I want to make my mom happy. Priorities change and I have to think about my own family now. Anyway, I won't be going crazy with decorations this year because I wont be able to do much with my belly. But we do plan on getting a real tree this year which I am very excited about because it's been over 15 years since we've gotten one. I think Little Mizzy is going to enjoy the holidays this year, for one, she loves food so I am sure she will devour her Thanksgiving dinner. She also loves going through the Christmas section at the stores. Every time we pass by it she's all "wow" "nice" "ohh lights" I ask if she wants everything and she says yes.

For New Year's we will most likely stay home and sleep early. lol

This thanksgiving will be different for us. We realized a turkey is just waaay to much food so we are starting a new tradition. Most of the food will be classics. Buttermilk biscuits(gf), cranberry jelly, mashed potatoes but we are going to do one ethnic dish from another country to celebrate the fact that the US is first and foremost a country of immigrants. This year we finally decided our main will be a Punjabi Lamb Curry.

We started the fireplace last night since it is in the teens here.

we are going to do one ethnic dish from another country to celebrate the fact that the US is first and foremost a country of immigrants. This year we finally decided our main will be a Punjabi Lamb Curry.

WHAT a great idea!!! :happydance::thumbup::flower:
I'm coming over!

Ok. I'm not. But I might try that next year:thumbup:

confession: I got Amali XMas pajamas

and, I really, really need some good ideas for our holiday photo/card... we should've taken this by now :(

My mom hosts a huge thanksgiving with all the grandparents, aunts and uncles, cousins and such invited. Even my inlaws come. It's really nice because I used to have 4 thanksgivings. It was crazy.
I work all weekend and will try to keep my cool and keep my water intake appropriate.
Card ideas-ugly sweater, all matchy. Color coordinated, take them at a tree farm and my favorite nightmare before Christmas theme. :)

Can I join in? I just realized there was a link at the end of the halloween thread :dohh:

Apparently all.I need to do to be ahead of the Xmas game is to be expecting a December baby! I've got all our cards addressed, some decorating done, I even started my shopping! :wacko: :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->