[CLOSED GROUP]Team Festivus 2014: Let's party! Where's the eggnog?

Wanted to stop by really quick and wish you all a Happy Thanksgiving!!

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone in the U.S., but I hope everyone has a great day regardless!

Happy Thanksgiving US ladies

Hope everyone has a great weekend! Happy Thanksgiving to those celebrating this year.

I've put up our 1st Christmas decoration, I'll post a pic later.

Happy Thankgiving!

I'm going to make a little Thankgiving meal for just me and DH on Saturday- I have a small turkey crown (which says it feeds 5!) and am going to make brussels sprouts with maple syrup and bacon plus fresh green bean casserole. I'm also going to make mince pies even though that's not very American!

OH requested green bean casserole, I've never made it before. My sister said the few times she had it it was kind of bland. I was just going to follow the recipe on the french onion canister. Does anyone know any good recipes? :shrug:

This is the one I've made for the past couple years:

https://smittenkitchen.com/blog/2013/11/green-bean-casserole-with-crispy-onions/

I normally don't like green bean casserole, and I normally don't like mushrooms at all, but I like this version.

https://thepioneerwoman.com/food-and-friends/thanksgiving-dinner-green-bean-casserole/

Here is a recipe for green bean casserole that kicks up the flavor with bacon. I haven't tried this recipe yet but it's in my book for Christmas. I've never gotten Josh to agree to eat green bean casserole except he's interested in this one. Also all the pioneer woman recipes I've tried in the past come out amazing.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone in the US, and a wonderful day to those not celebrating! I'm so thankful that bnb exists and that I've gotten to become friends with all of you. Today DH is going to be putting up the tree, decorating it, and cooking dinner while I watch from the couch :haha: I pushed myself a little too hard yesterday cleaning the house and had some bad cramps last night, so I'm not allowed to do much today.

watch

Hope everyone had a good day. I did, I let go and ate so much. Made the decision to not even check my sugar level for dinner just to actually enjoy myself. Loved seeing Little Mizzy enjoy her 2nd Thanksgiving, everyone was amazed at how much she eats, lol You would think we don't feed her by the way she eats. Silly child.

Thanksgiving was both very happy and very sad. I'm really glad Josh and I kept it just the two of us this year as the stress and worry over my beta on Sunday had us both crying a couple times throughout the day. He got the tree up and I put ornaments on the hooks and he hung them. We held each other a lot and talked a lot, about good things and bad. He cooked an amazing chicken dinner and I ate too much because meat, potatoes, and cheese seem to be the only foods that still taste normal to me (tuna tastes good but smells awful, I found out yesterday). And then we just cuddled on the couch watching some star wars.

My family (not OH, me, or Ellie, knock on wood) got sick, so we will (hopefully) celebrate tomorrow.

This year is flying by. I knew it would once the holidays started, but it's still mind blowing. My birthday is next week, then it's Hanukkah, then Christmas, my dad's birthday, New Year's Eve/Day, and then it'll be time for us to leave on the family cruise to celebrate my dad's 70th birthday.

Ellie and I did a few craft projects today. I'm trying to make as many grandparent gifts as possible. We also put up some of our decorations and watched Elf.

I am excited that it's almost December- I'm hoping time flies with all the holidays like it usually seems to this time of year!

I am excited that it's almost December too!! Hopefully it will be my last full month of being pregnant!! Then after January 10 Baby Mizzy can be here anytime!!

I'm so excited for December too, it's looking like I'll get to carry out my plan of telling my parents and in laws that they're going to be grandparents! :haha: So my Christmas shopping is done, cuz how can you top that?!

I'm so excited for December too, it's looking like I'll get to carry out my plan of telling my parents and in laws that they're going to be grandparents! :haha: So my Christmas shopping is done, cuz how can you top that?!

Woohoo!!

Huge congrats what a lovely Christmas present

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"