[CLOSED GROUP]Team Festivus 2014: Let's party! Where's the eggnog?

You had me at collard greens, Lilly. If I could fly to Hawaii for leftovers, I would. We could watch seasons 1-6 of Big Bang Theory!

I forgot to post this last night. Hope everyone had a wonderful week!

https://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e38/sortasandy/Mobile%20Uploads/photo_zps0ff8c58b.jpg

Aww Tx she is adorable. She looks like she had a lot to eat, haha. Hope you had a good Bday!!

She is so precious! Such serious expressions from Miss Ellie! I love her!

I am afraid she gets those serious expressions from me - I had slight frown lines by the time I was 15. :blush:

I hope everyone is having a nice weekend. I'm torn between doing some Cyber Monday shopping and saving money (the latter is the better plan, although I need some non-pajama clothes and Christmas presents for the family).

We are out of leftovers, but our neighbor brought us a fried turkey. OH made me some collard greens, which I was craving for some reason. ~looks at Lilly~

How are you out of leftovers already! we still have a ton....but then again OH didnt eat yesterday because is tummy was upset...that might explain all the leftovers lol

Mac & cheese, officially all gone https://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-eatdrink026.gif

We only ended up with pie leftovers. Lol! But that was what we brought to my mom's house, so that's about all we went home with.

Omg Ellie is PRECIOUS! How do you get that effect on the photo Tx? Are you just like an undercover uber photographer or is it a filter you apply afterwards?

I still have some leftovers, enough for another Tday dinner tonight and then a ton of Turkey I'm going to pawn off on Hubs's lunches because I can't take anymore. And it's all so high in calories I feel like an even bigger whale then I did before! which is saying a lot because I'm apparently huge, thanks to my Mom and BIL for pointing that out. :dohh:

Oh ya, almost forgot! I got almost all of my Christmas decorations up! :happydance:

No tree yet, we'll wait until the 14th for that and our friends will come trim the tree with us. I'm determined to get new ornaments this year, I am sooooooo sick of my old ones plus I need a new star for the tree, the one I have weighs like 10 lbs. WTF kinda tree is gonna hold that up?

Texas, LOVE that little turkey you got there!

Dang it, JJ... overachiever! :growlmad: I haven't done a thing for Christmas... :cry:

We are out of left-overs also Texas... since Saturday. I have a feeling we'll be eating lots of 'eggs' and gardenburgers the next week. (with moving, its just impossible to cook)

I wanna see some Christmas Decor pics!!! EVERYONE! :xmas16::xmas17::xmas9:

TX- such a cute photo! I'm so jealous of her glowing newborn skin.

JJ- I want to see a bump pic and Christmas decorations! I'll have to go check your journal after this to see if you've posted one recently. Ornaments are so expensive and I don't have that many. Since we have a load of people coming for Christmas, I'm going to make a bunch of new ones. I've been going crazy on Pinterest (something I usually don't do).

I turned my leftovers into a delicious turkey soup. I've been eating 3 bowls a day for the past two days. So yummy!

I'm not a photographer JJ - I take all my pictures on my phone. I was playing with an app called Aviary when I took that one.

We need to get a tree and stockings put up. Right now we just have a lonely poinsettia.

No leftovers here either, thx goodness, lol, I love Thanksgiving and all, but not for a whole week.

I just barely put up one Xmas tree and the lights outside, still need another Xmas tree and all the decorations. I am so excited!! lol As far as Xmas gifts I just need DH, parents and my little dog.

I haven't decorated for xmas in a long time, we wont this year either. Maybe when we have kids.

So are there any holidays between now and xmas? What's this Boxing Day all about?

I made OH go buy more mac & cheese so we can finish off the last round of leftovers lol. I'm not good at making leftovers into other dishes.

We are putting the tree up tonight. We have a winter storm moving in and may get two feet of snow with low temps around -20F by Wed. It is hailing currently. I am hoping most of the storm misses us but a little would be nice. My cat will be so happy. She doesn't play with the ornaments, but she loves hiding under the tree to stalk her toys.
We did beef stroganoff over rice last night to beat the cold. Delicious.

Boxing Day is the day after Christmas- I think it's just about recovering, eating leftovers and shopping (much like the day after Thanksgiving!).

We haven't put up any decorations yet but started our Star Wars lego advent calendar. Today I bought a wreath and a little 3' fake tree- that's pretty much all we're going to do though since we'll be in the US for Christmas. We're going to decorate the little tree this week so I'll take a photo when it's done. We bought an ornament to commemorate our weekend away this past weekend as our first one together. We're hoping next year I'll either be too pregnant to fly or we'll have a baby so we'll stay here in our new house for Christmas- then we might do more for decorations!

gosh... Lil..
I want mac'n cheese so bad now... and, like, the cheepy. the box. with powdered cheese mix.
no fancy business.
what are you doing to me? :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"