[CLOSED GROUP] ((^,,,^)) Team Halloween ((^,,,^)) (Congrats Cowgirl07)

I didn't say it had to be your own decorations! Surely there is someone you know or a store that has decorations up, no? :shrug: You could even temporarily change your desktop to a halloween scene :thumbup:

Mrs. JJ: Wow your cat's eyes, nice.

The background of my phone is Halloweeny. I plan on dressing up and pass out candies Halloween day, or I might dress up and go to my mom's to trick or treat with my nephews, IDK yet. Regardless I will dress up.

Mrs JJ, your cat is gorgeous.

I put up one Halloween decoration just for you guys:

https://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e38/sortasandy/photo_zps70f5e30b.jpg

(I rescued him from my parents' garage sale heap - they used to put him in the window every year when I was growing up, but apparently, my cherished childhood memories mean nothing to them... :haha:)

Thank you ladies! I love his golden eyes!! He's an awesome cat! Everyone loves him, even my sister and Hubs' brother (neither of which like cats) cause he's like a dog. He greets people at the door, he's uber friendly and not afraid of anything and even licks you when he's being pet. Plus he's BFFFs with our dog and he's fun to watch bounce off the walls. Hubs calls him our Puppy Cat! :haha:

:rofl: Tx - same thing happened to me!! I happened to stop by my mom's when she was having a garage sale and she was selling things like a crocheted blanket my grandma made and Christmas decorations including ones I MADE!! Couldn't believe the nerve of that woman! Selling my fucking childhood right there in her driveway! I mean she was selling my Baby's First Christmas 1981 ornament. Who the fuck is gonna buy that?!?! Like there's a 32 year old person out there like "If only I had an ornament from the year I was born!". And my most cherished handmade ornaments with my freakin' name on the back from when I made them in class. One day am I going to care so little about Boo's childhood that I would sell his handmade items for a couple nickels?!?! Maybe. Kids stuff is kinda cheesy. My stuff though was pure genius!

LOL my mom keeps everything!!! we have actually told her that it was ok to get rid of stuff, she refuses.

We have some really shit handmade decorations my mom has saved for the tree- the worse on is the cardboard roll from toilet paper with a scratch and sniff sticker of candy canes on it and a pipecleaner hook.

Ok, here is the grand total of all the Halloween decorations I have. OH couldn't understand why I bought them as if it was a waste of money! He doesn't get Halloween. I think all of it together cost about £4. Plus, it's an edible pumpkin, so we can eat it after!

Attachments

• photo (6).jpg
    photo (6).jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 7
Too bad you work in academia and a vacation around Halloween really isn't practical. I'd suggest you bring him to the US for Halloween mayhem. The whole nine yards. Trick or treating, haunted houses, decorations, etc.

I know- Halloween and Thanksgiving are out as long as I'm teaching (maybe some day I'll be on a well timed ML).

I should post some photos of my "Halloween" decorations... LOL... I'm not sure it's appropriate to call them that because every day is Halloween-like in this house!

Yeah sorry the UK just isn't all Halloweened up like the US yet :shrug;

Christmas though we are getting there with all the decorations and lights :haha:

Fezzle, my husband rolled his eyes at me and called me a "nerd" when I brought home Halloween lights and put them up in the window. Later that night, when we built a fire and I turned on the Halloween lights, he agreed that they were awesome. For Thanksgiving, you could always invite some friends and/or family over the weekend after for a Thanksgiving-style meal (since Thursday might be inconvenient during a work week). Afterwards, you can head to the local mall and rip items out of customers hands, screaming, "That's mine, bitch!" :rofl:

Clandie, you've got to post pictures of your house during the off-season so we can see what you mean. :haha:

I just had candy corns for breakfast. I'm disgusted with myself.

Btw, I like how I pluralized candy corn with an 's'. Isn't 'candy corn' both singular and plural for most people? I was thinking about each individual morsel I consumed when I made that construal so the mass noun didn't seem appropriate. Ok, I'll stop. My nerdy linguistics side is coming out.

Living room: black cat pictures (multiple Le Chat Noir prints, and photos of my black, or mostly black, cats). My dining room decor is predominantly witches, with some more cat art mixed it (NOLA's one and only Jamie Hayes). My office is a mixture of creepy science, witchcraft, and pagan sculptures/ art/ etc.

I think it is :) Been building my decoration collection since I was 15 or so and just gotten more mature about it, as I've gotten older.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->