[CLOSED GROUP] ((^,,,^)) Team Halloween ((^,,,^)) (Congrats Cowgirl07)

^^^WSS I agree was quite interesting

I guess Halloween is only a problem for you, if the following conditions are held:

1. You are against the prospect of contact with spirits.
2. You have a problem with paganism, especially those pesky Wiccans.
3. You give a shit about what's in the Bible.
4. Feeding candy to appease wicked spirits sounds like a bad idea to you.
5. Repelling evil spirits is not on your to-do list.

LOL... great read, but definitely a wee-o-bit out of touch with reality, IMHO.

Why cant there be Halloween Carols!??
That would be amazing... <3

((Edit: Snack, there totally WERE Halloween carols! Read on!))

Considering that Halloween can be considered a Christianity-rooted holiday, I always find these pamphlets funny.

All Hallow's Eve. The "Hallowed" being the Saints. Western Christian holiday honoring saints, martyrs, and the departed faithful. Trick-or-treating my very well descend from a practice called "souling", where people (usually children and the poor) would go door-to-door singing songs and saying prayers for the dead of that household. In return, they would be given little round cakes, called "soul cakes" or "harcakes". Each cake eaten signified the release of one soul from Purgatory. Bonfires were seen as purifying, and were burned to scare witches about their impending fate in Hell.

Was Halloween influenced by Samhain (pronounced "saw-in", fyi)? Oh, hell yes! But does it have Christian roots? Yup. ALL their holidays are mixed and/or stolen from pagan holidays, though. But they really like to pick on Halloween.

I think I'll go pick up some extra Snickers and leave them out just to be in the safe side. Actually, maybe Hershey bars (I have no self control with Snickers).

My only Halloween decoration this year.

I had plans of making ghosts and bats with toilet paper rolls, but my energy has been low this year, so no ghosts or bats this year.

Snack! I swear you are reading my mind! My question of the day is songs!

What is your fav Halloweeny song? (Songs that are most often played during October)

Think Ghostbusters, Witchdoctor, Monster Mash, Love Potion #9, I put a spell on you! <<<My fav

I've got to go with Ghost Busters or the theme to X-Files. :)

I think I want to go with the theme song to the Munsters. I'll have to think about this some more, though.

I still love 'A Nightmare on My Street' by Will Smith and DJ Jazzy Jeff! Also, I love 'Thriller', not sure if that counts.

I really love "Don't Fear the Reaper" by the Blue Oyster Cult. (It was played in the credits for Halloween, so I think it counts.)

(And I just admitted publicly that I like BOC.)

Thriller TOTALLY counts! Can't believe I didn't think of that!

I will say Thriller too, but then again I like that song anytime of the year, lol.

Ameli: I actually heard that song for the first time last Halloween, so cute, lol.

Thriller, Monster Mash, I Put A Spell On You, Ghostbusters... Um... Does Witchy Woman count?! I love that song.

Woooo hoooo, Witchy Woman! She got the moon in her eyeeeeeees!

The CCR version of I Put A Spell On You is my fav!! But how about the Halloween song from Nightmare Before Christmas??

This is Halloween! This is Halloween! Halloween, Halloween, Halloween, Halloween!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->