[CLOSED GROUP] TTC to 1st diaper - Welcome Freya! Congrats to fezzle!

Ok, change of subject! I'm gonna test...just to change the mood in here :winkwink: I'm only 5dpo (ignore the ticker its a day ahead for some reason), but I've been dying to take one of my surepredict test just to make sure I don't get any evaps :winkwink: I'll post my result.

BFN! Which we expected! :haha: But that's good...I won't be worrying about evaps when it's really time. :thumbup:

Good to know that we can get excited if you get a squinter!

Random: I ran into an ex-boyfriend at Target. Ellie had taken her shoes off in the car, but she had on thick warm socks and I haven't felt like fighting a battle in the parking lot. Ex-BF looked at Ellie, said "no shoes" and f**king shook his head and went "Tsk-tsk." I wanted to punch him in his dumb face. Ugh. Troll.

He does have one. He was always kind of a jerk. It doesn't surprise me he's turning into a complete dick as he gets older.

Happy 31 weeks, lamago!

He obviously just didnt have anything better to say :roll: I swear some people just HAVE to speak! Sometimes at work I'm just NOT in a talkative mood, ok most of the time :haha: but I've noticed more people are the silence is awkward type than the silence is golden type.

Yes, I am of the "if you don't have anything nice to say, keep you damn mouth shut" mindset, especially when it comes to dealing with exes.

I came into work early this morning for a meeting, so I get to leave early today. :happydance: I have had a crazy overwhelming amount of work to do lately, so it will be nice to have an afternoon off.

I've only dated one guy other than OH in my current city, but I use "dated" loosely as we only went on 5 dates. He was the 35 year old virgin! I've only seen him once and I was in a car so he didn't see me!

Enjoy your afternoon off! I was working all day, but it was all done in a coffee shop and then a cafe.

Leaving early was great. Working from a coffee shop would be a close second.

Fezzle, I'm not sure I've heard about the 35-year-old virgin. Did you deflower him?

Thanks! I'm torturing my boss telling her I'm leaving in 9 weeks! ;). I've only run into an ex once and I'm glad I was with my husband at the time.

I've never ran into an ex. IDK what I would do if I did, lol, maybe hide?? lol

I only really have two exes that I don't like running into. (I'm friendly with other guys I dated.) I definitely prefer running into exes when my OH is with me, though.

Fezzle, you're killing me with the suspense! :haha:

I've never run into any exes, I can probably thank the military for that, most of my exes happened while I was in the military so they are all over the world I'm sure.

LOL sorry, work has been busy!

When I first moved here from London (3years ago), I didn't know anyone, so signed up for some online dating. I met this guy soon after, and our first date was good- I thought he was cute in a geeky sort of way, we had a good bit in common, the conversation flowed well... After a few more dates, we had progressed to snogging at the taxi rank but no further, so for our 4th or 5th date, I invited him to my house for a Thai takeaway so we could take things further.

At this point, things were still promising but I was starting to have some doubts- he was a bit clingy, like he would want our dates to be like day long events and would try to book further dates before we'd even have had the next one. I should also add, I was still a bit of a commitment phone at the time!

Also though, some of his personality was unattractive to me- it's hard to explain exactly what- he seemed to lack confidence and motivation in life in general, lacked adventure and was just generally a bit uncool, though seemed to know he was uncool and had a chip on his shoulder about it. Like he deserved a special award for not being into what everyone was into. He was totally the "Nice Guy TM" type who complains about girls "putting him in the friend zone". But, he was the most promising date I'd had in ages, and I didn't know anyone else in town, so I thought getting a bit more intimate would help me decide.

So, on this make or break date, we were making out on my very uncomfortable sofa and I suggested going upstairs. That's when he said he had something to tell me. My first thoughts were that he had herpes or one ball, but nope, he revealed he was a virgin! I asked if he'd done other things and he said he was a virgin in every sense of the word and that I was only the third girl he's kissed. He said it wasn't a religious or moral thing- he was just waiting for the right person. And, he thought that was me so just wanted to take it slow.

At the time I was understanding, but after the date when I considered it, there was no way we could continue. I wanted to take things slow relationshipwise but get to the physical stuff sooner to figure out if I fancied him. He was going way too fast with the relationship though (he wanted me to meet his friends the next weekend). There was no way I could deflower him though because I was already having serious doubts about it going somewhere. I'd feel so guilty that I'd probably stick with him for awhile if we had done it!

I broke up with him via email before our next date. He emailed back a nice response. So all ended well. I hope he's found someone now to deflower him!

After him though, I was scared to ever try online dating again. I ended up getting more involved with my ex who was a long-distance on and off FWB for a few months until I told him that we needed space or we'd never find anyone for something real. Luckily I had a friend that made me try online dating with her a couple years ago and that's when I met OH. My ex-FWB and I are still friends and he has a girlfriend now too, so that's all worked out too.

Grrrr, just wrote a post and it disappeared!

Anyway, it's probably good you didn't deflower him. I dated a guy for a few weeks and he wanted me to meet his family...I broke it off and a few months later he had married this other girl!

But things moved fast with my OH! Met in March, said I love you in April, moved in together in May! I guess when you know, you just know. :thumbup: I had never moved this fast th anyone else....I lived with one other guy and it took a year for that and over a year for the I love you's which weren't frequent. Now that I think about it...it was awkward when we said it. Me and OH say it daily and several times a day!

Wow Fezzle. Your dating life sounds way more exciting than mine ever was. (Well, I did end up getting stood up once for a second date because, as my date later explained, he had come down hard off a meth binge and had been asleep for two days, but that's about as exciting as it got. Needless to say, I did not go out with him again.)

My OH and I knew each other in high school. We flirted a bit, but never dated. We stayed in touch as friends for eight years while he went to college and law school in another state. In his last year of law school, I randomly invited him to drive eight hours to accompany me to a music festival. He accepted, we felt a spark, and the rest is history.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->