[CLOSED GROUP] TTC to 1st diaper - Welcome Freya! Congrats to fezzle!

I know what you mean, Lilly- I was always freaking out because men were getting too serious too soon, but when OH and I started dating, we got serious almost right away! With my last ex, we'd been together for a year and I would still have to arrange when I'd see him as it wasn't a given we would for example spend the weekend together. Yet with OH and I, we spent every weekend together after a few weeks, and after 5 months I was living with him!

My early dating life was dull- I had one early HS boyfriend my freshman year, sort of dated another guy for a couple months, but then started dating my exDH when I was 16. So from age 16-24, I was with him. After I left him, I wasn't really keen on any serious relationship, so I've had loads of various 'dating' adventures! My friends must have been disappointed when I finally settled down as I always had some funny dating stories to share.

Well, if you ever feel like revisiting those stories, I am here to listen! :haha:

Most of my dates were ones where we met up one time, or maybe up to three dates, and there just wasn't anything special so we never went out again. But, here are some of the more interesting ones- I will take requests:

• the one who was disappointed in me for having my period so asked if we could do anal instead
  • the one who gave himself an insulin shot in his stomach in front of me on our first date without warning
  • the one who grabbed my foot suddenly at dinner saying I had nice toes
  • the one who had a strap on fetish
  • the one who wouldn't let me go to the bathroom on my own during a basketball game
  • the one who couldn't let go for at least 6 months after we had only had 2 dates
  • the one who was obsessed with Tom Cruise
  • the one who didn't believe in evolution
  • the one who snogged me even though one of my teeth had fallen out at dinner
  • the one who is a semi-famous comedian where we played a game at a pub
  • the one who was a millionaire with an OBE

I request all of the above. You don't have to write them all at once. In fact, I would love to have these to look forward to.

I am interested in the tooth one, lol, IDK but it sounds kind of funny.

Ok, I'll give you a new dating story every now and then.

An OBE is an award that stands for Order of the British Empire. It's like getting a knighthood, but a few steps down! The strap on one, you'll have to wait for the story.

I'll start with the tooth one as that's the one where I'M the one who's the weirdo on the date!

Background: When I was a teenager, I had braces. One of the risks from braces is 'root resorption', where the root gets shorter. This happened to two of my teeth (the two on either side of my two very front ones), where because I had such short roots, a dentist once thought they were still baby teeth. When I was about 30, I was out with a friend and bit down on what should have been a boneless piece of chicken and it knocked one of the teeth loose. The dentist at the time said they couldn't do anything about it- it was only a tiny bit loose and firmed back up a bit. Then, a few years later, I bit down the wrong way on something else hard, and it knocked it looser, and at the time of this date, it had becoming progressively looser for the past couple months, also probably not helped by all the times I was putting a mouth guard in and out of my mouth for roller derby.

The date: I met this guy online, he was Irish and a musician so seemed cool. In person he was a bit a dorky but nice. We went for a drink after work, and ended up getting quite drunk since neither of us had eaten anything. We decided to go get a curry (Indian), and while I was eating, all of a sudden I felt my tooth finally come out. I was drunk, and so embarrassed, I covered my mouth and ran to the toilet. I'm sure he thought I was vomiting. I came back up and explained what happened, and he was really nice about it. He said he played rugby when he was younger and had his front teeth knocked out so could sympathise. I just wanted to go by that point (we were almost finished eating anyway), so he walked me to the train station, and lunged in for a snog. Who wants to make out with someone when their tooth has just popped out?

Anyway, we went on one more date after that, but it was before Christmas, I went away for a couple weeks to the US, and so it just fizzled out.

So one of my teeth in the front is fake and held on by a bridge (when it fell out and I got the bridge was about 7 years ago). I'm going to get an implant at some point, but waiting until I'm done TTC to get any major dental work done.

But, I always wonder when people tell crazy dating stories if that guy (Ronan) ever tells the story about the girl whose tooth fell out during dinner.

lol I don't know, he still tried to kiss ya, he didn't sound like it was weird to him at all!:haha:

I'm racking my brain to see if I have any interesting date stories, so far I can't think of any lol

That story just got me more scared to get braces, lol

Congrats, Twag!!

This thread reminds me- I need to think of another horrible dating story.

Thank you Fezzle :hugs:

How is everyone doing?

Lamago you must be so close to meeting your little one soon :cloud9:

Looking forward to another dating story Fezzle :thumbup: :haha:

I'm at the beginning of a cycle so probably have a couple weeks wait now to ovulate- boring!

Here's the story of the guy who was obsessed with Tom Cruise-

This one was about 9 years ago. I'd just moved to a new city and did online dating there and met a guy called Clay (unusual name in the UK!). When I met him, he sort of reminded me of someone, but wasn't sure who, until his first Tom Cruise comment, when I realised that he had a very slight resemblance to Tom Cruise (if Tom Cruise was younger, taller and had blonde highlights).

The first mention was when I was saying that I was from Wilmington, NC, where they filmed Dawson's Creek. This prompted Clay to start talking about Katie Holmes and Tom Cruise's relationship. Not that weird so far, but as the night went on, there were more and more links to Tom Cruise. For example, I mentioned I had been to Prague- which immediately started him talking about how the beginning of Mission Impossible was there. Then I was talking about that show My Name is Earl, and he started talking about how Jason Lee was in Vanilla Sky with Tom Cruise. He never said he was a big fan of Tom Cruise- it was more than he just brought him up in conversation, like how people will bring up the name of someone they've just started dating no matter how irrelevant it seems. I ended up going home with him that night as we were both very drunk (nothing happened other than some snogging), and once we got in his room, he put on Jerry Maguire.

I don't even really like Tom Cruise- I think he's a bit weird!

:rofl: :haha: what an oddball he clearly had a man crush on Tom Cruise :wacko: :haha:

I also do not really like Tom Cruise there is just something about him I cannot get on with :wacko:

One of my best friends LOVES him. She's a bit crazy too though!

:happydance: Congratulations, Twag! :happydance: Fx'd for a girl!

I think brothers and sisters have wonderful bonds, but I know it's my personal goal that if we stop at two I want one of each :haha:

Yes! I forgot about the date stories! Give us more! Give us more! :haha:

The only thing I think I like Tom Cruise in was Tropic Thunder lol and I didn't even know that was him till the credits or someone mentioned it, I forget.

We now have a place for number 2s on the first page! :happydance: Once me and Fez get knocked up the babies will out number us! :saywhat:

Thank you Lilly - still seems very surreal at the moment and I am on knicker watch :wacko:

You and Fez are next on that bump list :hugs: :dust:

Elliot will be an amazing big brother and he LOVES girls :haha:

I look at that pic of Elliot then try to picture those chubby cheeks with pig tails! :haha:

Apparently according to my Mum Elliot looks identical to me when I was a baby (no pictures tho)

My Mum had me when she was 17 and was kicked out of home (long story) anyway she was poor and so didn't have a camera there are I think 2 pictures of me as a baby one in a brown pram and you can't actually see me and one standing near my potty and I DO look like Elliot in girls clothes :haha:

I used to be called beef burger cheeks! :haha: :blush:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"