{CLOSED} We'll be thankful forever for BFPs in November!

Whats wrong with ibuprofen?

actually don't answer that - I took some last week for a raging stiff neck after sleeping funny and I'd rather not know that I fucked up another pregnancy.

I could be wrong (rachel?) but, from my understanding, ibuprofen isn't unsafe to take during ttc, and will not harm a pregnancy, if you do take it accidentally during an early pregnancy or while trying.. I wouldn't be concerned about taking it during ttc and one dose surely isn't going to do a whole lot of harm. From what I've read, it is a category D, and NSAID's haven't been studied much for use during pregnancy. Paracetamol is safe during pregnancy.

I just read its Cat B and affects implantation. FML.... I can't even....

I found some Tylenol hiding in the medicine cabinet and feel better now.

Amelia, truly be thankful that you and your hubs are capable of having a child right now. While it seems like its never going to happen, and it's taking forever, you do have a light at the end of the tunnel. The road getting there is rocky and slow, but you do have a light. Some of us (cough, me) don't have that option right now.

and this isn't supposed to sound rude or condescending or bitchy. Just, keep it in mind. I am so jealous and would be so thankful to have been given an all clear all healthy prognosis.

Wow, congrats on your bfp, Mirolee!!! :flower::happydance::thumbup: I was hoping you'd be next, since you've been trying the longest. :) And a Hawaiian vacation baby, how romantic! Yay for a rainbow baby! And another yay for a Femara baby!

You give me hope that I can get a Femara baby, too (and I just found a thread that gave me hope that my chances aren't so grim for it happening on even a 3rd try since this one lady had 3 femara babies, and the first two took 3 cycles and the third took 2 cycles).

awww.... you guys!
man, hope it sticks! a lot riding on this one.... hehe.
just keep in mind - YOU are your biggest medical advocate. i researched everything (like you all do), knew my facts, knew that my odds were against me after the clomid fail, but insisted on trying the femara anyways. my dr wanted me to do injections and IUI; i said no (for now). i know our bodies let us down, but we still know them best. and also remember, i frggin LOVED clomid, O'd like a champ. but it wasnt right for me. so, keep on keeping on!

FX'd for a sticky bean!

You also give me hope that it could happen for me even if it takes another year, and even if femara doesn't work (maybe if femara doesn't work, something else will for me, like how femara worked for you when clomid didn't).

-----

Congrats on team pink Kara! :flower::pink:

------

Amelia, I'm sorry you're feeling so down! :( :hugs:

About the NSAID/ibuprofen, since you took it last week, it wouldn't be effecting implantation since it has such a short half-life ("Ibuprofen is rapidly metabolized and eliminated in the urine. The excretion of ibuprofen is virtually complete 24 hours after the last dose. The serum half-life is 1.8 to 2.0 hours.") https://www.rxlist.com/ibuprofen-drug/clinical-pharmacology.htm

Also, even though it increases the risk of miscarriage, if you take it during pregnancy, it's still very low ("But Dr Virginia Beckett of the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists, a consultant at Bradford Royal Informary, said that while it was safe for women to take paracetemol in pregnancy "if a woman takes a NSAID the risk of miscarriage is still very low".") https://www.theguardian.com/society/2011/sep/06/ibuprofen-warning-to-pregnant-women

Also, since blame requires intent, and it's not like you knew anything about ibuprofen even possibly effecting pregnancy before today, it's not fair to blame yourself for taking it. Now that you know, you can avoid it.

---

AFM: Other than sinuses kicking my butt, and the nasty doom voice trying to creep back (hsssss! back, back you fiend!), I'm doing all right, today.

Omg Mirolee!!!!!!! Yay for a bfp!! I knew it!! I just knew you'd be next

Amelia - I took Ibuprofen during my TTC process and it had no ill affect. Many women take it not realizing they're pregnant for weeks/months. I highly doubt that's what happened in your case (that it caused something to go wrong.)

I've had 3 miscarriages, 2 of them were chemicals... it's just one of those things that happens. Maybe you started to implant (hence the second lines you saw) but it didn't take. Doesn't mean anything's wrong. I had no medical intervention after my losses (other than a RHOgam shot because I have a negative blood type) to fix or treat anything and was able to successfully conceive the very next cycle twice (the first miscarriage I wasn't TTC so didn't continue to try.) Your body is not broken dear.

oh, i wanted to say one more thing: i only have 46 points on FF. maybe i'll have more by next week, when my period is due..... but i thought youd like to know.

Mirolee, I'm just so excited for you! I know, I've said it several times already.. lol.

My sister just told me how she things I got more closure than she did. She lost her baby at 20 weeks several years ago. I just said maybe and quit texting her back. WTF? Seriously? More closure? I thought my kid was coming home.. but if she feels like talking to me like that, more power to her I guess. We're obviously not close.

Closure from losing your child shouldn't be a competition. I have absolutely NO clue why your sister would say that to you. That's extremely insensitive hun, i'm sorry :hugs: :hugs:

That's so sad...why would your sister even say that?! I agree with you, you thought your baby was coming home....that is devastating!

How could your own sister say that? Just nuts I think
I feel lots better now. Maybe dh will find me cuddle worthy now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->