{CLOSED} We'll be thankful forever for BFPs in November!

Amelia-I think you are too, don't you have an appointment tomorrow? FX for some good news!

BB-I haven't decided if I like it or not, it is kinda reminding me of last months for some reason.

Attachments

• chart oct.jpg
    chart oct.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 2
Overlay the charts!!

Morgan, after two total epic busts, I'm not going to FRER until AF is officially late or my doc says PREGGO.

Yes, blood test tomorrow AM - office opens at 8am and it's walk-in for bloods... guess what time I'm going to be there (provided no AF between now and then)? :argh:

BB if I am preg I think I'm just going to avoid the first tri boards for a while. Esp because I don't have DH here to help me with every little blip or worry. Housemate is good but it's not his job so I think I'll try to be blissfully ignorant for a while if this is for real. As for you my dear... shut up and dance because it's going great!

Cass - :coffee: rofl. I just want good news... if I get it I'm going to march straight into my boss's office when she gets back from her vacation and tell her that I'm knocked up and will be leaving end of Jan. I'm happy to do most of 1st tri here but then I want to be in Denver and nesting... and buying a house and decorating a nursery and getting chickens :haha:

What are everyone's plans for TG?? I'm stuck in LA and need to live vicariously through y'all.

I can't I don't have the premium membership. :(
On Thursday I am going to my grandmas/step grandpas for lunch. Most of my family, my aunt, uncle and cousins will be there. It will be the traditional thanksgiving with all the trimmings. Then I will get pissed because my gma will say something about my hair, outfit etc and I will want to go home lol. She will also manage to make everyone else mad. Oh the drama.
Friday night we are going to my grandpas/step grandmas. We will just have snacks watch a game or something and hang out with the relatives again. Usually much more fun and low key.

Katrina this months is a much bigger dip! FX for you. :)

Amelia I'd be there on the dot too :lol:

Hubby is away tonight which sucks so my sister is coming to stay. He's had to go on a course for work. Will be home tomorrow night.

Holidays always stress me cuz I have to split my time between 3 places. Inlaws, dads, and moms.

Katrina my chart looked identical until implantation and then looked really low and crappy. Ash's did the same exact thing. Fx!

Hubs and I are working.....someone has to. Also all our family is in Michigan so we are having thanksgiving on Friday with friends.

I think they are always to stressful. We have two sets of grandparents that are divorced but hate to hang out together. So its always separate. My other grandma will sadly probably forget its thanksgiving since grandpa passed away she has gotten worse.

I can't I don't have the premium membership. :(
On Thursday I am going to my grandmas/step grandpas for lunch. Most of my family, my aunt, uncle and cousins will be there. It will be the traditional thanksgiving with all the trimmings. Then I will get pissed because my gma will say something about my hair, outfit etc and I will want to go home lol. She will also manage to make everyone else mad. Oh the drama.
Friday night we are going to my grandpas/step grandmas. We will just have snacks watch a game or something and hang out with the relatives again. Usually much more fun and low key.

Well they look different to me!
Oh family, don't you LOVE to HATE them??! Best think I ever did for my relationship with mine was move to a galaxy far far away. lol.

Katrina this months is a much bigger dip! FX for you. :)

Amelia I'd be there on the dot too :lol:

Hubby is away tonight which sucks so my sister is coming to stay. He's had to go on a course for work. Will be home tomorrow night.

YAY!

Holidays always stress me cuz I have to split my time between 3 places. Inlaws, dads, and moms.

When we go to IL's it's always stressful from the cabin fever... four days stuck in the same house... with grandpa... telling weird stories about slaughter houses and prostitutes.

I don't really understand TG! We don't do it here in the UK!

I didn't do anything about it until I moved to the US.. Aust doesn't have it. But it's certainly growing on me!!

Hubs and I are working.....someone has to. Also all our family is in Michigan so we are having thanksgiving on Friday with friends.

I have a "friendgiving" this evening... i made gravlax - cured salmon. It's mad-men themed dinner so I have to dress up.. oh boy.

I think they are always to stressful. We have two sets of grandparents that are divorced but hate to hang out together. So its always separate. My other grandma will sadly probably forget its thanksgiving since grandpa passed away she has gotten worse.

I'm so sorry :( Grandpa is the same (since granny passed) getting more and more unpredictable. Only good thing is that we KNOW that he is almost always happy because he doesn't remember anything very long and he's always a bit drunk. Not a bad way to go really.

That sounds like my grandma-minus the drinking. As long as she has books and soap net she is happy.

Is it just like Christmas?
For me:
It is family wise but there are no gifts exchanged. Thanksgiving originally was for the Native Americans and English settlers when they came over to the settlements. It was a get together of thankfulness and cooperation. I consider it a holiday where you are thankful for health, family and friendship.

It's like Christmas without the presents I suppose! Just family getting together and having a big dinner together.

My in-laws do it BIG. There's always so much food.

A traditional Thanksgiving dinner would probably be considered something like: A turkey, mashed potatoes and gravy, sweet potatoes, green bean casserole, cranberry sauce, stuffing, and pumpkin or pecan pie. Our family adds a lot more stuff to it, but when I think 'Thanksgiving' those are usually the first that come to mind.

I believe the true story behind Thanksgiving is a bunch of shit. Schools give children the image of the first Thanksgiving on Plymouth rock, the Pilgrims and the Indians having a meal together and coming to terms. Which is not at all what happened, but hey, I enjoy the food and I like the tradition. Lol.

https://www.manataka.org/page269.html <---- That's like... the real story I suppose. Although it's not a legitimate source.. but pretty sure that's how it went down.

Nowadays, everyone just looks at is as a holiday to tell everyone how much it means to you that they are there, what they do for you, etc. Love my families, so I love the holidays.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->