• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

{CLOSED} We'll be thankful forever for BFPs in November!

I say if you want it, do it Amanda. You're absolutely right!

I'm always supportive of exploring career options - no harm in going for an interview - less prestigious means nothing if you love your job and your co-workers.

I'm always supportive of exploring career options - no harm in going for an interview - less prestigious means nothing if you love your job and your co-workers.

I agree. and right now, i really don't like my job or co-workers...soo...

I'm trying not to jinx it...but, all those good vibes yesterday must have paid off. Keep your fingers crossed ladies..I need something good to come my way :)

Nicole. Anything in writing is classed as a contract and they are obliged to invoice you what is previously agreed as per the contract ( your email) . You need to write to the insurance ombudsman about this. I would print off the email and send a cq for the amount quoted.

I thought it also depends on who quoted you- a nurse with no access/knowledge of/to a payment schedule can't be relied upon ... someone who deals in billing/insurance can be.

Nichole if you have proof via an email... I would take that to a manager at the insurance company... I say fight it! They told you 212, make them stick with that! They can't just make up numbers.

This is the e-mail

Attachments

• Kaiser message.jpg
    Kaiser message.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 17
yep I would fight that, because I know $212 is an "estimate", but they are WAY over that estimate.

prgirl- I think I see something... I say try again on Sat! YAY!

Amanda-so I have an ER nurse questions: being a nerdy biologist, I was watching the show NOVA last night and they were talking about the science behind saving the brain from brain damage. They were talking about if someone goes under cardiac arrest that cooling the body down to 90 degrees (or even lower) can save their brain from brain damage. They said it save 3 time more people then trying to get the brain oxygen and gives them way more time to work on the patient. However, they were saying that only 40% of hospitals do this procedure. They said they have done studies (rats and people) and it has also been proven with patients that come out of hypothermia. They also are working on a gel that can be put into your organs to displace the water content in your organs to hope that bringing the temp of the body down wont freeze your organs so that they can bring the body down to temperatures of about 60 degrees. Does your hospital do this? What are pros/cons you know about this procedure?

We do this. I don't know of any cons to it. We have a machine called the arctic sun that wraps around their arms and legs and controls their temp. We use it on any post cardiac arrest patient. We have seen many patients completely normal after recovery. It's awesome. Ems is trained to initiate the cooling process in the field if they get rosc before they get here.

That's so awesome! I am so intrigued with this kind of stuff.

Rachel- PS... sorry I called you Amanda... brain fart or just pregnancy!

I would fight it too. That's ridiculous. While that may have been an estimate, should it have gone over that amount, they should have had it approved by you before hand. $50 difference is one thing, 10x the amount is ridiculous

If she represented herself as someone knowledgeable in billing/costs and you relied on her representation and statements, and had no other reason to believe otherwise that her statements were false/misleading.... and it can be argued that she was acting as an agent for the company and made those statement in the course of her duties AND if you can show that they materially influenced you to do the procedure (ie: couldn't have afforded it otherwise/would have waited/would have gone elsewhere for the procedure) you could put together a fairly persuasive argument.

Was she acting as an agent or on a "frolic of one's own"? What would a reasonable person have done in the situation?

I think... it's been a while since I played lawyer and I never sat the bar because I decided to play on TV instead... but Amanda can set me straight ;)

also - i studied in Australia where we have a different legal system and precedents... but I'd be surprised if something similar isn't established here.

I don't know how to fight it other then the grievance I filed. If the charges ended up being like 400 I would be ok but 1300... to much man! 1300 is definitely not around 212 bucks.

Can you call the billing department and try to find out WTH happened? + or - 5%.. ok.... but for reals yo this is bullish!t.

Regardless of who she is its in black and white. No one gets an estimate that wrong. Surely if this woman has been working there for a while she should know the rom price. It has been miss sold to you for sure if you speak to the person in charge it should be rectified. I know here in the uk anything in writing then a company has to honour that price as its a legally binding contract. Not sure of US laws but there must be something to protect a buyer ?

I tried the billing and deductible department. They tried to help but said their hands were tied. They were the one to direct me to the grievance option. I might call back tomorrow and talk more in depth with them.

On a different, more positive note, 2 more classes and I will officially be a high school graduate! :bunny:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->