• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Cloth Nappy N00B

T

TeddysGirl

Hi.

I was wondering if someone could offer some advice. We are expecting our first in December and we have got our heart set on using cloth nappies.

I have been looking online at different brands and have looked at bambino mio and I like the set up of having the cover and the inserts rather than the all in one nappies.

Ideally I would like to buy a big bundle (kinda like everything you'll need birth to potty style) but people have advised against this but looking online this seems to be the cheapest way - OH's grandma has said she would like to buy is the nappies and would just be easier if we just tell her the bundle we want rather than a load of different brands.

Also I brought a couple of these - https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00LJIBGPU?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00 - just to see how they work and to show grandparents how cloth nappies have changed in the past 50-60 years lol

So my questions are:

1. What brand do you suggest if I'm just going to buy one brand (baby is a boy and will (hopefully) be exclusively breast fed) ?

2. Do all inserts fit all covers or do I need specific ones ?

Thanks for any help !

I bought mine from eBay. They were similar to ones in the link. The brand was Dudybaba (or something like that) and BumGenius Flips.

I used the cheaper ones during the day and the Flips for on a night due to absorbancy.

Insertwise, I used one microfibre and one bamboo. These were bought on eBay, no particular brand to fit the pockets. I used a Flip staydry insert + microfibre over night.

I started using cloths when Jacob was 3/4 months old mainly due to the fact he was premie and was quite small born. He had skinny legs so the 'birth to potty' type didn't fit him right until he filled out a bit.

From what I can gather, as babies are all different shapes & sizes, it's not a 'one size fits all.' Some brands fit some babies better so it might be best not to buy a load of one brand until LO is here and you can try them out.

Hey. I love Cloth Diapers :flower:
I use Kawaii pocket diapers. I have not had any issues with these whats so ever. I bought a big bundle for $120, it had 28 diapers in the bundle, you cant beat that...they sent me a variety of their diapers...some snaps, velcros, bamboos. If for some reason I lost my stash of cloth diapers, I would buy them again! You need to check their website out!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->