• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

clothing??

Tigerlily01

Reaction score
Ok, need some help here. What the heck do I wear after a c-section??

I detest full-panel pants, so everything I own is either underbelly, or those yoga-type waists that come midway, but fold down around your hips (but they all have seams that i expect would be in the scar area). I'm also not a nightgown/sundress kinda person, they're just not comfortable to me. (Yeah, I'm not picky or anything! :haha:)

So...what to do? :shrug: Should I just get enormous pajama pants with a drawstring and pull them way up? Will they even stay? I have no idea what shape/size I'll be, and presumably I'll have to go out in public at some point for doctor's appointments...:wacko: Is some sort of maxi dress a necessity for the public appearances? I guess I can suck it up if I'm out for an hour, but when I'm at home, what will feel the best pants/shorts-wise? And with the "granny panties" I keep seeing everyone recommend, how do I know what size to get, since my stomach will probably be at least a little smaller after the birth?

Following, I don't mind dresses, but was wondering about granny panties as well

I'd say fold over yoga pants, the full panel is there for comfort, but if it gets annoying just fold it down. I had underbelly pants for my first pregnancy and I didn't find them very post c section friendly. I'm not a dress person either, so never wore any. As for size I'd get it from a maternity store (comfort factor) in your pre pregnancy size.

I was back in jeans by the time I left the hospital. They cut you just above the pubic bone so its very low.

I bought huge panties that I never wore, but went back to the store to get a different size after I had lo. At home I wore huge track pants pulled up embarrassingly high, when I had to go out I'd wear yoga pants, but if I wore them too long I felt uncomfortable as they sat around my incision area.

What helped a lot was putting a small loose bandage on the incision, as it would stop pants from rubbing :)

I wore maternity leggings after both of mine as they provided a little support and were soft and comfy. Anything that sits low down was a major no so any of my under bump maternity stuff was out. Couldn't tolerate regular pj bottoms even in a size 16 (I'm usually a 10) as I just hated the feeling of the seams moving anywhere near my scar. Over bump maternity skirts and maxi dresses are my current mainstays 2 weeks post c-section, my first I could tolerate things that finished in the scar area by 12-14 days but this time it's still very tender. Because I'm expressing milk I mostly need things in two parts ie skirt and top rather than dress. For undies I got some Tesco short style ones in a 12-14, they come up over the scar, they don't dig in as they're the size or two bigger than I usually wear, and at £4 for a pack of 4 I don't care that they'll be too big and need binning in a few weeks.

For the first few days i lived in the soft stretchy maternity boy short panties that the hospital gave me...wish i had asked for more, though at this point they would just fall off my hips...i did find some panties that were briefs...made by bali i believe, super soft and stretchy..they were pricy (bought at target, 15.96 for four pairs) but totally worth it..they were comfy, and didnt dig into my incision, and i could roll them down a little to get air to the cut if i needed to...i lived in loose pajama pants when we had company, tshirts and panties when we didnt :blush:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->