CM during TWW predicts BFP?

deductivemom

Cautiously expecting #1
Reaction score
Hi Ladies,

I am in TTC month 5 and I had a chemical pregnancy a few months ago. The month of the chemical I recorded on my chart that I had some fertile-looking cervical mucus (including what looked like EWCM) for a few days AFTER OV. I haven't noticed that pattern any other month until this month, which I am hoping is a positive symptom.

Anyone ever have CM during your two week wait be an indicator of your fertility status (esp. as a symptom that only appeared on pregnancy cycles)? I have heard a lot of people say creamy CM during the luteal phase is a good sign, and of course blood in the mucus about a week after OV is promising, but what about fertile CM continuing after OV?

Because I am now 7dpo, I have had a lot of time to scrutinize the charts and look for evidence online, but I haven't really found much. There are some published articles that find higher estrogen in conception cycles, which could result in fertile mucus lasting longer (e.g., this study in Human Reproduction), but really there isn't much legit evidence out there about indicators that could start before implantation.

Any thoughts? Anyone noticing the same thing? For those who have conceived before, what has your CM been like on cycles that you got a BFP? Am I crazy or has anyone else noticed fertile CM after OV and had that mean anything?

P.S. If anyone is noticing similar symptoms, I am planning to start testing in 2 days when I'll be 9dpo. That was when I got my first BFP with the chemical. Let me know if you are interested in the results.

Hi hun, I can't remember if I got fertile cm when I got my last bfp as it was a happy mistake that sadly ended in mmc. I'm 7dpo today and had creamy ewcm on 5dpo and 6dpo (now gone back to just creamy cm) so hope you're right! Sorry to hear about your cp wishing you lots of sticky baby dust for this cycle xxx

I'm 7dpo today and had creamy ewcm on 5dpo and 6dpo (now gone back to just creamy cm) so hope you're right! Sorry to hear about your cp wishing you lots of sticky baby dust for this cycle xxx

Baby dust back at ya! I am especially looking for patterns and anything that seems "different". Do you typically have much CM after O? If not, I'd say it's definitely a promising sign! When do you plan to test? Let me know how it goes!

I dont think I've ever had creamy ewcm after ov! I've had ewcm maybe once or twice before after ov but this cm was bizarre!! I normally have a few dry days and then some creamy cm. I'm planning on trying to wait until af comes or is late - HATE bfns with a passion.... not that anyone on here doesn't lol. I'll post an update on here with either outcome - hopefully saying bfp!!!!

Hi! I've been going through the same thing this cycle! I'm 8DPO, and for the first 5 days after Ov I had tons of EWCM! I thought I was crazy! I've been having dull cramps for about 6 days, and my boobs are suddenly super hard and heavy. I have never had any of these things before. With my two MC's I had no symptoms at all. But maybe if I do get my BFP, the symptoms are a good sign for the health of the bean? Praying for us! :hugs:

I have never had any of these things before. With my two MC's I had no symptoms at all. But maybe if I do get my BFP, the symptoms are a good sign for the health of the bean? Praying for us! :hugs:

Glad to hear I'm not alone! When I first saw the EWCM I thought maybe I'd gotten the O date wrong and initiated immediate BDing, lol, but looking back temps and all other signs point to O 7days ago (FF agrees). I do think having symptoms are a good sign - with my chemical I had breast tenderness up until around my BFP, but then it went away and my tests never became any darker, then AF started.

Hopefully it's meant to be this month for both of us. Let me know how it turns out and I'll be praying for us too!

Anyone else? See a relationship between CM and BFP...or not?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->