co-sleepers sleeping through the night???

Ema

Mummy :) xxx
Reaction score
Ok quick question for co-sleepers has/does your LO sleep through the night???

im just wondering if co-sleeping is stopping jacob as he is up now 6-7x in the night, maybe when he is surface sleeping me and oh move which causes him to wake up??? XxxX

mine wakes up 4-6 times a night and he's 5 and half months old. He's been like this since birth

Niamh wakes up twice a night for feeds, but not any more than that.

My Jacob didnt wake up through the night when we co sleeped from about 5 weeks and now I have managed to move him into his own cot and he sleeps through the whole night in there! x

see jacob used to wake up once or twice now its 6-7x i know theres other thing contributing to this, but i dont know if co-sleeping helps :wacko: xxx

Hi ema 8)

Well emilia sleeps through the night but does get restless at times. i think sometimes her back just gets a bit sore as you can imagine lying for hours on it. If we put a hand on her chest or just put a finger in her hand she normally goes back off properly x

Hiya
To be honest i dont think co-sleeping has anything to do with waking up etc i think it depends on the individual baby. Ive co-slept (co sleeping still lol) with both my boys. My 1st omg was a nightmare up allllllll the time 5,6,7 times a night it was awful i was knackered and he didnt sleep through the night til he was 26 months!!! yes u heard me right 26 months!! lol Whereas my new little baby is 14 weeks now and hes been sleeping through the night since he was 6 weeks! I did nothing different either time, both fully breastfed, both have semi routeines (no times just the things we do b4 bed bath cutch bed kinda thing) yet they have both been different. U could try putting him into his own cot/crib but tbh if hes getting up that many times sleeping with u i bet hed be up more in his own bed.
Maybe the whole sleeping through is linked to his feeding (from ur other post) Does he want feeding when he wakes or is he just awake?

Caitlyn wakes up to feed but she doesn't wake me up :rofl: I wake up with her on my boob most of the time where she just helps herself now

Hiya
To be honest i dont think co-sleeping has anything to do with waking up etc i think it depends on the individual baby. Ive co-slept (co sleeping still lol) with both my boys. My 1st omg was a nightmare up allllllll the time 5,6,7 times a night it was awful i was knackered and he didnt sleep through the night til he was 26 months!!! yes u heard me right 26 months!! lol Whereas my new little baby is 14 weeks now and hes been sleeping through the night since he was 6 weeks! I did nothing different either time, both fully breastfed, both have semi routeines (no times just the things we do b4 bed bath cutch bed kinda thing) yet they have both been different. U could try putting him into his own cot/crib but tbh if hes getting up that many times sleeping with u i bet hed be up more in his own bed.
Maybe the whole sleeping through is linked to his feeding (from ur other post) Does he want feeding when he wakes or is he just awake?

He wakes but only takes 2-3oz like in the daytime and then can wake up 2hours later and be sick but not go back to sleep until he is feed again :dohh: then sometimes he is just awake and doesnt want anything and it takes me an hour or so to settle him :dohh: but 8 weeks ago he was taking 5oz feeds in the day and at night and only waking once or twice max!! I really dont know why he aint feeding anymore etc XxX

I never co-slept apart from the occasional night when would be so tired I would just put her in bed with me. She would be in a crib at the side of me and would wake up as much as 7 times wanting a cuddle and the only way I could get her back to sleep was to give her a bottle which she rarely took more than 3ozs from x

I've only co-slept the odd night... but personally I think some bbies do and would sleep much better in their own bed and room... Jasmine sleeps 11.5 hours without waking and has been on her own since about a week.

I dont co-sleep, just havng a nosey lol
But why dont you for the night just puting him down in his cot/moses basket and see how it goes? See if it makes a difference. I know when Kyle slept in his moses basket in my room he used to wake with me and his dad turning around or something, but when I put him in his own room he slept right threw xx

just a thought, do you have Jacobs head elevated while he sleeps? Jasmine has a wedge that she sleeps on. Babies with reflux should have their head elevated, not flat.

Yeah he is on a pillow (told by HV) when in bed with me with a blanket rolled round the bottom so he cant slide down. He is never flat if he is for more than a few mins he is sick everywhere (even when changing nappy :dohh) :) XxxX

since i started co sleeping with zane he sleeps thru the night he sometimes wakes up but if i change his position then he falls back alseep.

if he sleeps on his own hes up constantly thru the night

I don't co-sleep but I did often put her in bed with me when she'd wake up and I couldn't get her to go back to sleep.
I would give her a bottle and then put her down but it didn't help so I would have to place her next to me and thats the only thing that worked.

i used to co sleep with jack and he would wake up loads but now he has his own space he sleeps through

Hi Ema,

Eleanor sleeps through the night from approx 10.30pm - 8.30am, she has been like that since she was 3 weeks old and will be 12 on Wednesday. She has been in her own room for 2 weeks now and this seems to have made no difference, other than she sleeps a little longer in the mornings.

x x

Well we disturbed Caitlin just being in the same room - moving around etc she sleeps through but sudden movements can wake her.

I don't think I'd rue out that it could be because your co-sleeping (like he wakes on movements) ...could try and put lil man in his own space - cot in your room or his own room?

I've only read the first post so my apologies if I've missed anything lol x

Ok im going to try him in his cot tonight....but beside me :rofl: to scared to put him in own room but if it works better might move him in next month ......if im brave enough :rofl: XxxX

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrs.K2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->