Co sleeping dilemma ...

ellie

Mum to Kalden
Reaction score
has anyone come up against this and how did you / are you handling it?
Me and LO mostly co sleep although we didnt plan to before he was born. We had planned that he would be in his crib next to our bed till 6 months then move into his own room. But he was up so frequently every night that I was shattered until we started co sleeping.
Wellllll ... he's 6 months tomorrow and still wakes 2 - 5 times a night, usually for a quick feed and cuddle back to sleep. OH sleeps in the other room most nights so that he's not disturbed for work. I didnt like this at first but now I like us having the extra room as K wriggles around more. I like co sleeping and I dont feel either of us are ready for him to move. But OH is keen to get back in his bed .... and says 'you said 6 months' etc.
obviously i need to consider our relationship, but is it so bad to continue co sleeping a while longer?

Does he have a cot? Ilana has hers right next to the bed tied to the bedframe with the side off... she is mostly in her own cot but in with me for feeds and stays there if I fall asleep. Husband sleeps the other side of me. Is that possible for you? Your LO has room to move over but is still with you.

Does he have a cot? Ilana has hers right next to the bed tied to the bedframe with the side off... she is mostly in her own cot but in with me for feeds and stays there if I fall asleep. Husband sleeps the other side of me. Is that possible for you? Your LO has room to move over but is still with you.

That's how we have Ozzie :)

Ours is an Ikea double so it's bigger than a normal one but smaller than a king size. Works for us.

Id carry on and point out that its not exactly great for your relationship if you are having to trek backwards and forwards 2-5 times every night to see to baby (plus if you are anything like me youd end up kipping on the floor in his room after half a night)
Id probably compromise with a bedside cot with the side down as people have said and then just see how it goes over the next few months :)

We have LO in an arm's reach joined on the bed but hubby wants LO moved into a cot in his own room when Darwin is 6 months old. That's 2 weeks away. He wakes 2/3 times a night so not looking forward to going next door. Hubby sleeps in our room and says he wants a sex life again lol. Don't feel comfortable doing it with Darwin right next to us.

Bigger bed for you and hubby? My hubby and I and each child slept with us for two years. For three months, we had a newborn, almost two year old, me, and hubby in a queen bed. It was snug. Hubby has never slept anywhere else. I am going to be trying a bassinett this time, but if need be, I will be taking my baby in bed again. It is the only way I get sleep!!! Maybe your hubby is more upset about being out of the bed than the cosleeping. :hugs:

Husband kept saying that but I told him to sod off. A) I didn't want to have sex, b) he wasn't the one getting up throughout the night (easy to have a sex drive and want the baby out of the room when you get 8+ solid hours a night!) and c) for me, she's a baby for such a short time and he can pester me for sex for the rest of our lives. There's always the sofa until then.

You're all being very nice...

If i didnt want to stop sleeping with buba, id tell him that for MY happiness i want him in the bed a bit longer....

I know abigail wont be leaving our room at 6 months, even if OH asks me!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->