Co-sleeping! (Opinions are welcomed ofc!)

Co-sleeping is great but so is having them in their own bed, Hollie dosen't like to sleep with OH and I anymore, she likes a quiet dark room, when we used to go to bed and turned the lamp on it would wake her up and she would be up for hours so now she is in her own room and she likes that!

I don't think co-sleeping is for me at all. (I say no, although could change my mind) I would never be able to live with myself if anything happened. I know people have said it'll be easier if you have a c-section, but I'd rather struggle or ask my OH to get her. She'll be right next to my bed anyways - in her moses basket or cot. Each to their own though.

Its kinda hard to ask your OH when you dont have one.
Believe me I tried to struggle and do it myself but i had a really hard time bc i had an emergency one and everything then went wrong.
Each to their own is right.
Its not for everyone but i was the lightest sleeper and still am.

Co-slept for 3 months and loved it. If done safely, co-sleeping is extremely beneficial.

I believe co-sleeping is safe, as long as it's done properly.

I've been co-sleeping with my baby since he came home from the NICU, and he's now 1 year old! It helped us bond a lot, and we both slept much better. I'm very, very aware of him being in the bed, and he's normally in between myself and the wall if my husband is sleeping with us.

I had my LO in her moses basket next to my bed but in the first 4 weeks there were times when i let her sleep with me so she would go to sleep. I didn't move and even when i was asleep knew she was there but didn't keep it up because I didn't want her in bed with us for years, as lovely as it is :) xx

I don't think co-sleeping is for me at all. (I say no, although could change my mind) I would never be able to live with myself if anything happened. I know people have said it'll be easier if you have a c-section, but I'd rather struggle or ask my OH to get her. She'll be right next to my bed anyways - in her moses basket or cot. Each to their own though.

Its kinda hard to ask your OH when you dont have one.
Believe me I tried to struggle and do it myself but i had a really hard time bc i had an emergency one and everything then went wrong.
Each to their own is right.
Its not for everyone but i was the lightest sleeper and still am.

I know not everybody has an OH. But because I do, then I feel like I have other options I can do before co-sleeping. I do understand why people do it, but just defo not for me even if I was a light sleeper. When my brother was 3/4 I had to share a bed with him when we stayed at my Nan's. It was a double, but I chose to sleep on the floor. It's just something I've never been comfortable with, and I'd be more scared with a little chid. I'm not trying to make anyone feel bad about doing it though.

Is the thing about "Don't put your infant on a pillow" true for all pillows? You know those firm pillows not the really soft ones the ones that you can buy with cotten in them or that come with a comforter set, i wanted to co-sleep with him like have him propped up on that so i can see him and so he won't get wrapped up in cover i won't use the cover for a while. Or is that a no-go ?

Co-sleeping/sleeping together whatevr is not for the people who normally sleep wild regardless if thier sleeping with someone! I told my friend please don't co-sleep! Shes like a little bit heavier than i am and when were sleeping together she always rolls over on top of me! :haha:

Is the thing about "Don't put your infant on a pillow" true for all pillows? You know those firm pillows not the really soft ones the ones that you can buy with cotten in them or that come with a comforter set, i wanted to co-sleep with him like have him propped up on that so i can see him and so he won't get wrapped up in cover i won't use the cover for a while. Or is that a no-go ?

You shouldn't use any pillows near your LO, not necessarily putting your LO on it, but just no where near them. You don't need to prop him up, but just don't put any cover near him. You could do this by putting him at the top of the bed about 3-4 inches away from you (if you have that amount of room) and pull yourself further down the bed, that way the blanket won't be anywhere near your LO and you won't have to worry about it.

You shouldn't use any pillows near your LO, not necessarily putting your LO on it, but just no where near them. You don't need to prop him up, but just don't put any cover near him. You could do this by putting him at the top of the bed about 3-4 inches away from you (if you have that amount of room) and pull yourself further down the bed, that way the blanket won't be anywhere near your LO and you won't have to worry about it.

Up until how old?

I personally won't do it, but I don't have an issue with people who do do it.
Like many have said, each to their own.
I'm too much of a worrier and I think more about the 'what if's' etc.
I think that about EVERYTHING though haha!
I remember I stayed at my friends house a few year back when her LO was just born, just to help her out a little with the housework etc, and her LO woke in the night and I told her to rest and I would feed him for her (she was shattered beyond belief and at the time wasnt living with OH) so after I feed him, he wouldn't settle again, and she said t just let him sleep with me, but I couldn't, She took him and slept with him, and she done it often, I know its different when its someone elses Child, but what I'm trying to say is, what works for one person, may not work for another :)

I'm normally a heavy sleeper, but when I sleep in a house where their is a LO I wake at every slight sound.

:flow:

I know it was a family bed for me and I think it was for my older sister to, I plan to co sleep when I have a baby

i dunno :shrug: i sit on the fence a bit..

i've co-slept a bit, but i think up to 3 months, for me it's better in the moses basket.. especially if there's 2 in your bed..
and now there's no way i'd co-sleep with annie, i always worry she'll roll off haha!! i spend the night awake, andnot being able to move for fear she'll wake up and want to play..
and i've never had any sleeping problems - she's slept through from about 3 months, with the odd wake up..

guess it's down to the individual, but we had a massive like power point on it from our midwives, because a few weeks before they'd had a baby in a&e because of it..

i dunno.. just for me i wouldn't wanna take any risks?

I never co-slept with Azia & don't with Leela when they are young. They both slept (or well, Leela still sleep) in a bassinet next to my bed.

As a toddler though, I nap with Azia in my bed or wherever else we may lie down. Also has own bed though as where she primarily sleeps.

:thumbup:

I don't like the idea of the baby being in the bed with me. I know a person who rolled over and killed the infant so not going to test that at all. This Is what I am going to use. I feel it is safer and my baby will be right next to me all night

blogco-sleep2.jpg

Alot of the statistics is due to people accidently falling asleep whilst in bed, say feeding their baby sat up for example. Co sleeping is safe when well planned, and guidelines followed.
Japan has a very high rate of co-sleeping, yet a low rate of sids compared to the western world.

it depends on how light or heavy of a sleeper you are.. I'm guessing Jericho will be up every couple hours to nurse, so I won't actually ever be asleep.. haha.. but there are also co-sleepers that go up to the side of your bed so that they are in arm's reach, but there's no risk of anything bad happening :thumbup:

Alot of the statistics is due to people accidently falling asleep whilst in bed, say feeding their baby sat up for example. Co sleeping is safe when well planned, and guidelines followed.
Japan has a very high rate of co-sleeping, yet a low rate of sids compared to the western world.

It's because Japanese sleep on futons. My husband and I have been sleeping on futons for the two years we've been living in Japan. It's incredibly difficult to find Western style baby cribs because the cultural norm is to sleep with the baby in bed. We plan on sharing the futon, but I'll likely sleep on my own away from my husband so I don't disturb him in the night while breastfeeding. With a futon, there's no risk of the baby falling out of the bed or heavy blankets and pillows to cover the baby's face. Also, neither of us drink or smoke, and we're both light sleepers. I look forward to quality time sleeping together at night.

I was always completely against co-sleeping but Zack isn't the biggest fan of his crib so he normally comes in with me at some point (normally when OH goes to work at about 5am). I chuck all the pillows on the floor and sometimes the quilt or else move the quilt all the way over so it's only covering me, keep him pretty far away from the headboard and his crib is at the opposite side of him right up against the bed so he can't go anywhere. I try not to do it though (although I love it lol!) as I don't get a very good sleep as I jump at every little noise or movement he makes :dohh:. Also I don't smoke/drink/take drugs or anything and if i'm absolutely shattered i don't do it no matter how fussy he is being. xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->