co sleeping????

charlene7828

Reaction score
HI ladies..

im just curious, not been smart r anything like tat, so PLEASE dont tink i am. i generally just am wondering how u all get on with the co, sleeping...

it was never something id ever done as i always like my kids to have their own beds. even at night feeds id just feed, burp and straight back in.. so im curious as how u all get on with them when they get older?? do they not be a bit clingy? does it not effect ur sex life and how does it work wen u have baby sitter r they stay with relations??

and again if anyone tink im been smart r trying to say u are all worng, im really really not i just never realised so many people did it until i started gonig on this forum. so im curious.. :hugs:

My son only comes in to our bed after about midnight so we get plenty of time to ourselves in the evening anyway. Also, he really isn't clingy at all, we don't leave him that often but when we do he literally just says "bye" and isn't fussed that we are gone!

ETA: He goes into his own bed at 7:30pm, when we go to bed we leave the doors open and he just walks in at some point during the night, I don't even notice him getting in any more

We coslept with my middle son until he was 11mo and my youngest all night until 12mo but then he'd go down in his own bed but come to our bed in the middle of the night, he still does this 99% of the time, he's over 3 now. He's not at all clingy though, he's very very independent and goes down in his own bed, he just likes to come in in the middle of the night and we don't mind :)

It has never effected our sex life, the bed isn't the only place you can do it :D We would also move them if we wanted to and wanted to in the bed, then move them back lol.

My kids don't have babysitters or stay with family until they are at least 2 and by then they are going down in their own bed so it's ok

My son only comes in to our bed after about midnight so we get plenty of time to ourselves in the evening anyway. Also, he really isn't clingy at all, we don't leave him that often but when we do he literally just says "bye" and isn't fussed that we are gone!

ETA: He goes into his own bed at 7:30pm, when we go to bed we leave the doors open and he just walks in at some point during the night, I don't even notice him getting in any more

tat bit like mine.. i never done the co sleeping but once they went from cots to their own bed they started to wander in.. and we wouldnt notice until we woke up nxt morning and there he is....

my eldest comes in very odd time.. and i say he can have 2 mins.. wen his 2 mins are up he happily goes back to bed!!

cheers ladies!! I really though co,sleeping babies wud b a pain in the butt!! Sorry if tat sound bad, but now when i see it from a differnet point of view i realise it aint... im gonna breast feed this baby and going by this forum most babies been breast feed are better of co sleeping,, so tat kinda y i wanted to kno!

tanks girls

i have co-slept with all 4 of mine and will be with this one coming in about 3 weeks. they sleep with me from the time they are born. when they are about a year old i put a toddler bed right next to our bed and put them to bed in there. it takes a couple of months for them to get through the whole night without scooting back over to our bed. it usually works out with mine that they sleep in their bed longer and longer til its all night.

like someone else said, we have never had a problem with "time alone" cuz we dont have to be in our bed for that, but if we want our bed we just move them and move them back later. we also dont have to wait until night time all the time for intimacy.

ours dont go stay the night with relatives til they are much older, but wouldnt even if they started out in their own beds. mine arent clingy at all or have problems being babysat. if anything i think they are more secure with things around them. of course, having said that i have nothing to compare to except what i have seen with relatives and friends kids.

sorry so long, here are some websites on it...

https://www.breastfeeding.com/reading_room/co_slepping.html

https://www.phdinparenting.com/2009/01/09/cosleeping-benefits/

With two on the way, I'm nervous about co-sleeping. My husband and I have a california king sized bed, so there's plenty of room, but he's WAY too sound of a sleeper... Not sure how to do this, of just skip it and put them in their crib from day one. I had my older two co-sleep- my son til a year and my daughter til a year and a half- I feel like if I don't have the twins with me we'll all three be missing out on snuggles. But what to do? Kick hubby to the couch for a year???

We have a co-sleeper / side car cot set up, so we have enough space.

I didn't want to cosleep but he fed so often (BF) I had to, but I love the cuddles now :cloud9:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->