Coffee machine help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Broody85

Reaction score
Hi, I was just wondering what the best (cheap) coffee machines are? Is it the tassimo that usually has a good deal with it? The Nescafé dolce gusto is about to go on amazon lightening deals and I don't know what to do! Help meeeeeeee :haha:

I have a Tassimo (picked it up a month or so ago for £45) and a Dolce Gusto. I prefer the Dolce gusto personally but I know OH prefers the Tassimo lol. I think the coffee pods for Tassimo are more expensive and I like to drink mocha's which they don't specifically do in their range, you have to get a coffee set and a hot chocolate set to make them, that really annoyed me :haha:

Thanks hun, can you use anything other than the Nescafé pods in the DG? x

I'm not sure to be honest, I've never tried to buy any other. I usually get them on offer in Asda/Tesco when they're 3 boxes for £10. x

Thanks hun, well that sold out in 1 1/2 mins and I didn't get it, haha. My OH is too indecisive for his own good! x

I love my dolce gusto. Bought it about 6 years ago from good food show when they first came out and its still going strong! You can only use dolce gusto pods though x

There is no real difference between the Dolce Gusto and the Tassimo apart from the makes of drinks. Hubby had two Dolce Gusto but then swapped for the Tassimo and is on to his second one of them :dohh: as he loves Costa coffee.

tassimo online also always have their pods on offer so don't work out that expensive when buying in bulk

good luck in getting one, to be honest there are a lot of good deals out their on both machines at the moment so don't worry you miss the lightening deal

I have just got this one for hubby as it is all singing all dancing, it is reduced in Currys to £75 so an absolutely fantastic deal as this is the price the cheaper one normally goes to. Comes with £20 money off vouchers too1

By the way the code to buy this is TIMES2014 so you don't need to join The Times to get the deal (a much bigger and better machine for the extra £5 than the one on the Lightening deals, it is normally £125 for this one

https://secretsale.tassimo.co.uk/

There's going to be a DG in the ASDA Black Friday this Friday x

Eta: this one: Nescafe Dolce Gusto Piccolo Black Multi Beverage Coffee Machine

I have both a Tassimo and a Keurig and I can't stand the Tassimo for coffee, there is actually only one thing I like in the Tassimo it is the Peppermint Mocha but I have yet to find a coffee I like.

Keurig on the other hand is amazing for anyone who just loves regular or flavoured coffee. I don't know what Keurig prices are like over there though.

I don't know anything about the Dolce Gusto though.

Thanks ladies, very helpful replies :thumbup: I think he has ruled out the DG now because of the fact you can only use Nescafé coffee pods with it. He's not big on that make.

I seen that deal earlier toptrump, but I don't like the red, haha. I think I need to ask him exactly what he wants coz he is quite fussy, then go from there at finding the best deals.

Something different...I have a nespresso machine (nescafe coffee) and I love it. I have the pixie one which is small and neat, and I keep the milk frother in the cupboard as I hardly use it. You can get machines which are coffee and milk frother in one, but they obviously take up more room on the work surface. The pods work out at 30p each from nescafe online (or can buy in Selfridges!) or 10p for the lidl pods.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back