coil date

butterbaby76

Reaction score
hi all just to keep you posted after weeks / months of ringing around ive got an outpatients appointment to discuss my anasthetic for surgery to remove my coil, 2 weeks to wait and then il let you know if and when i get my surgery date yay !! another shuffle closer x:happydance:

I feel very... unlearned today, haha. What in the world is a coil? Good luck with your surgery!

I feel very... unlearned today, haha. What in the world is a coil? Good luck with your surgery!

hiya a coil is my contraception i have a mirena coil that sits in the neck of your cervix my coil has flipped over so the threads cant be reached so i have to go for i believe key hole surgery to have it removed and then i can stat trying for baby number 4 !!:kiss:

hiya a coil is my contraception i have a mirena coil that sits in the neck of your cervix my coil has flipped over so the threads cant be reached so i have to go for i believe key hole surgery to have it removed and then i can stat trying for baby number 4 !!:kiss:
Hmm... that's interesting. I've never heard of that form of contraceptive before. I have a Mirena IUD and all this time I thought that was the only thing Mirena made.
Anyway, good luck!! And thanks for schooling me :wacko:

its the same thing hun ! i believe ? mine is a mirena iud but the threads have gone on the missing list and thats why im going in for keyhole xx

its the same thing hun ! i believe ? mine is a mirena iud but the threads have gone on the missing list and thats why im going in for keyhole xx

Yes its the same thing. It's just called a coil because of the shape. Older versions were made of copper. The Mirena is plastic and impregnated with hormone.

Copper isnt older though. it is just a parallel.

awww glad that it's moving on a bit, hopefully not long now till it's sorted x

Congratulations :)

I stumbled across this forum looking for info on removing coils and came across your previous thread. All the info was really helpful.

Lots of luck! And thanks to everyone who posted in the other thread :) Was really interesting

bless, thank you all so much i dont know where id have been if i cudnt come here and have a rant im hoping this is it now i have my pre op next monday and should be given a date then to have my coil removed it just seems like it has taken forever ( it has been since late may 09). and im glad to that my rants have also been informative in someway lol ! so heres to ttc thanx all:thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->