colds remedy

marah_rn

Mom
Reaction score
hi. My LO has colds at the moment. I havent brought her to the GP yet. Is there any remedy you recommend? She is only 3 weeks old and Im not sure if it's alright to give her any meds. Thanks.

No she is too young for any meds...no one under 4 should take cold medicine, they are actually tryng to get it to age 6 I believe. Atleast in the US. She can do tylenol but I would wait to find out the exact dose from your pedi first since their weight is constantly changing at this age. But you can do saline nose drops and suck her nose out with one of the bulb syringe things, I would try not to do it too often, I only do it before feedings or if they are really uncomfortable because doing it too much can make their nose raw. A humidifier, or sitting in a bathroom with the shower on as hot as it can, close the door and let the room steam up, that can help her breathe too. Let her sleep elevated, in a swing, bouncer, carseat, or elevate her mattress...don't put her on a pillow though. I hope she feels better soon

we used to put a pillow under the mattress to help ease breathing but shes too young for any meds not sure if she would be too young for olbas in a hot bowl of water in the room she sleeps in then when she goes to bed take the bowl out?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrsA3000
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->