college & child tax credit...

BellaBoo0512

Reaction score
I'm planning on starting a part time teaching assistant college course in January. It will be one evening a week in college and one day a week placement in a primary school.

I'm unaware of how much the course costs but because me and OH claim housing benefit I've been told that I will get a government loan to cover the course fees and then pay it back when I'm earning over £21,000 per annum... which I never will be.

Will this college course affect my child tax credit? I won't be getting paid for going to college but can't afford to lose any money as we're on a tight budget as it is.

im not experienced so i dont know but i wouldnt have thought it would change at all. you wont be earning so i cant see how it can. xx

That's what I was thinking. I'll ring them up and let them know, just incase :) x

I wouldn't have thought so hun, only if you were getting some kind of student loan perhaps? But if your income isn't to change at all and you're only getting the fees paid (directly?) then I don't see how it would. I study part time and it is a completely separate issue with my tax credits, I have had a few grants from work for it but they aren't taxable (and are paid directly to the uni) so I haven't needed to declare anything.

I wouldn't have thought so hun, only if you were getting some kind of student loan perhaps? But if your income isn't to change at all and you're only getting the fees paid (directly?) then I don't see how it would. I study part time and it is a completely separate issue with my tax credits, I have had a few grants from work for it but they aren't taxable (and are paid directly to the uni) so I haven't needed to declare anything.

I'm not too sure how the fees work.. all I know is that I need to get a government loan to cover the course costs and then pay it back when I'm earning £21,000 or more and if I don't pay it back in 7 years then it gets written off so technically I won't have to pay it back x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kenyawenya
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->