College

Layla

Reaction score
I started Reiki 2 last night, it was good, we talked a bit about what we are going to need in order to pratice this when we quilfiy.

In 2010 we will need an extra quailifcation to be able to work in beauty shops etc, and i found out i will also need it to practice Refelxogy, im planning on doing the Relex course in September.

The extra quailifaction is this...

Diploma in Anatomy & Physiology

Its a part time course, one night a week for the college year, but i really dont think i can do it, it seems way out of my learning bracket..

What will I study?
You will study a range of modules on the course including:
Cells and Tissues; Skin; the Cardiovascular System; Lymphatic System; Reproduction; Digestion; Respiration as well as muscles and nerves.

I dont think there is any way i will understand all that, im to blonde :(

Not sure what to do now, whether to swap the Relex course for a nail one or what.

:wacko:

xx

Give it a try and see how you go, it might not be as hard as you think.
By the sounds of it its just basic biology.

i think its going to be alot of big words that i cant spell, i really think im to thick to do it so i dont want to drop out and make myself look stupid lol

xx

My mum has pretty bad dyslexia but a few years back she did the a Diploma in Anatomy & Physiology. She had to do it to become a qualified Aromatherapist (another diploma she was working on). She had to work really hard but she did it all and passed with flying colours. If you want something bad enough you can do it. I remember the house being covered in various charts and labels of body part names for a while lol.

Part time courses tend to take longer too so you can usually spend longer learning everything you need to. I guess it helps if it is something you are really interested in though.

thats really encouraging, thats for replying Eelis :D

I remember my friend did a meds sec course and i sometimes helped her (or tried to lol) with her revision, all the techy words when right over my head so i think thats whats stopping me fro signing up to this one.

xx

I think you will do fine Layla .. I think you should go for it .. will be a good diploma to have. Have every confidence in you :D

layla im having to do part of that in my course and its not that hard really its not hun x if i can do it then so can ne1 else

dont let it put you off, you've worked so hard already, dont do nails, reflexology will be so much more interesting, I know you'll love it! and the course may seem daunting with those big words, but its not a biology course its therapy, so it will only be the basics Im sure it wouldnt get too complicated. and Eelis took the words outta my mouth, if you want something enough, you CAN achieve it, and think how proud you will be afterwards! go for it hun, Im sure it will be fine, you will probably enjoy it

I'm sure you'll be fine, i dont think it would be too instensive for an evening course, i had to anatomy and physiology with vet nusring which isn't far off from hummans and i found it really intereting.
Set your self a challenge - dont give up before youve tried it.

Dont put yourself down hun, it may not be as technical as it sounds, as it prob just covered the nesiasry biology for the practices itself. Is it possible to get feed back from people who are on/have done the course? I know with my courses people actually right course reviews and you can get copies of some of the assigments given from previous years etc. ight be worth asking the college if they can do anything like that, or even just put you in touch with other people who have done it.

Personaly I think that if the course is for people going onto the alternative therapy/beauty type industy I wouldnt have thought it would be to technical anyway. A lot of people in this industry are only high school educated, its not like people with degrees and masters wanting to do a course to get a doctorate or medical certification.

Layla if anyone has got the courage and determination to see that course through its you!!

Don't let big words and fancy names put you off in the end it will all be simple termanology!

Good luck and i hope you achive your goal
xxx

i aplied for it today, im dreading it but im going to give it ago

xx

Yay well done Layla .. think you have done the right thing :D

Good luck

Well done Layla, i did all of this in my first year of nurse training so any help you want just ask !!! (not that i can remember any but i can dig out my old notes etc !!!! lol)

Like Cat said i doubt it would go too in depth , hopefully its just the basics you need and not to mind boggling!
xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->