colostrum-when?

mrscookie

Mama and expecting
Reaction score
Hi girls, when I was 16 weeks i read somewhere that i might start producing colostrum around then, but nothing. Now im 23 weeks i still have nothing, not even a drip. When is it normal to start lactating a little? My sister started at 22 weeks, when i was in first tri i knew a few people who began straight away, maybe as a result of previous pregnancies.
im starting to panic that i wont have any in there.
any input is loved by me :)
xxx:hugs:

I think it's different for everyone. I've been leaking since 16 weeks but my cousin didn't start until she was about 29 weeks.

Everyone's different. Some people won't get it at all until the baby comes. :) I started at 16 weeks and to be honest it's more of a pain than anything else!

WHAT?? This is all news to me...I had no idea my boobs were supposed to leak! I'm so glad I know now, because I would've been FREAKED out if I had seen my breasts leaking...

WHAT?? This is all news to me...I had no idea my boobs were supposed to leak! I'm so glad I know now, because I would've been FREAKED out if I had seen my breasts leaking...

It's so gross too. I woke up the other night and thought I'd managed to wet myself there was so much on the bed. :rofl: ick ick ick!

I'm leaking but I think it's because it's baby number 2. I'll admit- I squeezed a little in the first tri to see if anything happened and it hasnt stopped since. Whoops.

i want sooommeee! reckon docs can give me tablets to start it hahaha xxx

I didn't get any til' my milk came in last time, and I hope it stays that way this time. I DO NOT look forward to leaking again. I couldn't go out without breast pads for like 10 months after my son was born!

It's so gross too. I woke up the other night and thought I'd managed to wet myself there was so much on the bed. :rofl: ick ick ick!

haha I know!! I woke up this morning to find a big wet spot on my sheets..and then a very intricate design that looked like a spiderweb all over my boobs LOL

i had none with ds and im still w8n 4 even the inkling of a dribble with this 1,... id like to breast feed but i cant without milk.

I haven't had any either. I read the same thing so have been expecting it for a while but still nada!

i started about 16 wks wuth my daughter, this time has been later and i get the odd few wet patches on my pj's in the morning that start about 22 wks
but everyones different, alot don't get it till birth.

I havent started leaking it yet prob will in the next few weeks though as i did with Kaitlin!

weirdest thing??

After my shower this morning, a squeezed my left boob and a spot of liquid formed on the end. hahahah panic OVER!
At least I know there is something in there eh! hahah x

I'm going to be constantly squeezing now you've said that Melly Bo, I've not had any yet xxx

eta. Cashew looks too tasty! x

I first got some a couple of days ago but haven't had any since. My friend on the other hand didn't have any until she gave birth. x

I know shes so yummy haha i could eat her!
I cant get anymore out, i think i used up my daily supply. I will try again in the morning. it made me scream a little.. hehe. I honestly thought that i wouldnt get any. I still might not, its a very tiny amount, but a tiny bit of liquid is better than none.
btw, i really squeezed very hard haha, it hurt!

I had a couple of little leaks with my 2nd pregnancy....like a cold, tingling sensation and then I realised there were little wet patches on my nightie when I was about 20wks....ish.

I breastfed my 3 kids and have to admit that that was the only time I leaked during my pregnancies.

Everyone's different....if your nipples are stimulated (erm....you know what I mean:blush:,) then you may be more likely to leak and produce before birth.

Your body will produce hormones at birth to start making your colostrum....don't worry about it. The body is amazing and will produce to order:rofl::happydance::happydance::happydance:

lol iv had it for a few weeks now, had it at 20 weeks with my first baby to, but it doesnt just leak out for me, only when i squeeze lol!

WHAT!!!!!!!!!! they leak?????? are you kidding??? and it can spart at 16 weeks!!!! eeeep that is like 3 weeks away for me!!!!!!! oh scary!!! i didnt know that happened!!!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->