Combi feeding

Doodlebug88

Reaction score
I've decided I want to start combi feeding my lo. He has been exclusively breast fed for 18 days so not sure how to start. Also don't know whether to keep him on the breast or pump and combine with formula once of twice a day?

Any advice would be great

keep him on the breast if you can, i would start with one bottle of formula a day and pump if you are able to

Im also combi feeding. My daughter has been on both breast milk and formula since day one due to low blood sugars at birth. I have nursed her and pumped in combination with formula feeding. She is 3 weeks and 3 days old today. I'm having issues with nursing now (she's biting and pulling on my nipple at every feed) so I've decided to quit nursing and just pump in combination with formula feeding. I'll pump every 4 hours or so and start storing up some breast milk. I mostly give her formula right now. I'd like her to have at least 3 breast milk bottles a day. I haven't pumped much the last week so I have to start over again, so to speak.

I had started off combi-feeding (at hospital's guidance as she wasn't peeing after EBF) and I tried to put her on the breast for almost all the feeds just to keep up supply and then topped off with maybe an ounce of formula. 1 or 2 feeds per day were exclusively bottle.

I ended up switching to just FFing mainly because I HATE breastfeeding (long story, not getting into it) and she was sucking down an entire bottle after an hour of nursing anyways.

But combi feeding was going well in the beginning and I think it can be successful.

Im also combi feeding. My daughter has been on both breast milk and formula since day one due to low blood sugars at birth. I have nursed her and pumped in combination with formula feeding. She is 3 weeks and 3 days old today. I'm having issues with nursing now (she's biting and pulling on my nipple at every feed) so I've decided to quit nursing and just pump in combination with formula feeding. I'll pump every 4 hours or so and start storing up some breast milk. I mostly give her formula right now. I'd like her to have at least 3 breast milk bottles a day. I haven't pumped much the last week so I have to start over again, so to speak.

My lo also started pulling on my nipples around 3 weeks old- was it on an evening by any chance? I'm pretty sure it's due to a growth spurt and they are trying to get more milk to build your supply. She is nearly 6 weeks and is starting to do it again but she won't take a bottle :-/

I am combi feeding my little guy. I tried ebf for one week and he lost 2 lbs. I let him nurse 10 mins each breast then formula feed him. It works for us and rhe doctor seems happy with that arrangement.

I am hoping to star pumping soon and giving him a bottle of ebm when I go back to work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->