Combination feeding - anyone introduced formula aswell?

ESF1978

Reaction score
Hi ladies, I've EBF for 6 months now and my DS is eating some solids really well too. I've never been able to pump sufficient amounts for a feed and have a 26 month old dd too so don't get much opportunity to persevere with that so have ruled it out and so would like the option of someone else being able to feed him if in not around for a few hours.

I've tried cow and gate ready mixed formula a bit each day for a week now but he really won't drink it. What formulas have you tried when combination feeding successfully, and do you have any tips on encouraging bf babies to drink from bottles/cups??

I'm worried about how I'm ever going to leave him and not worry about him wanting milk when I'm not there

Thankyou x

My son is 8 months, I went back to work at 6 months part time(50/hrs biweekly). He does not take a bottle, sippy cup or cup. Absolutely refuses to drink milk from anything but the breast. He gets solids when I am at work, and he does ok with that, nurses extra when I am home. Some babies just don't take anything but the breast. Many babies are happy to wait for mom to return for milk feeds. This is fine, considering many babies sleep through the night without feeding for 8-12 hours.

I have no idea on the formula though, I've never used it.

Here is an article by Jack Newman about moms who work outside the home and breastfeed. May shed some light on if you have to leave for a couple of hours and baby doesn't want to drink during that time:

https://www.breastfeedinginc.ca/content.php?pagename=doc-WFBW

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->