• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Comfortable Sling/ wrap/ carrier recommendations please

Bevziibubble

Reaction score
Could anyone please recommend a sling or wrap that could be used from baby up to toddler age please?
I'm due my 2nd baby after Christmas and am expecting to be wearing him a lot so I can still play with my toddler and take her to places etc.

I have a moby wrap but didn't use that much, and I had a baby carrier but it was very uncomfortable to wear and gave me a bad back and bad shoulders.
I would love something easy and comfortable to walk around in as I'm only 5 ft so really struggled with the carrier.

Thank you :)

I've got nct close caboo. I'm only 5 ft and love that it has the rings so I don't have to tie it

For something to carry up to a toddler, I would look for a woven wrap, though the moby will still be great for a new baby for the first few months (we used a moby to 4 months and then switched to a woven, which I could still wear my daughter in now if I needed to and she's 2.5). I would just have a look online (google woven wraps) or on wrap selling sites (Facebook is a good place to look) and see what you like the look of. Sometimes buying secondhand with wovens is best because they're already broken in and softer than when you buy them new. I have a Bebe Sachi, which I LOVE, but they are Malaysian and not easy to get your hands on here. But Natibaby and Lenny Lamb are popular brands, as is Ellaroo, though I have an Ellaroo ring sling and don't really love it (the material is very scratchy). I've used a Natibaby though and it was really nice. You should also go along to a sling meet and get some support with wrapping. That was really helpful in trying to learn how to use a woven because it's different than a moby wrap and there's a bit of a learning curve, but then it's easy.

I'm using a Didymas woven wrap at the moment because I'm finding it really supportive and comfortable. It's not quite as convenient as the stretchy but it's much better for my back.

I used a stretchy wrap when she was newborn, then swapped to a woven wrap. I was a baby wearing newbie though, otherwise I probably could have managed with a woven from the start. I use the woven wrap and a mei tai now.

I used the babasling until Isaac was 2. I found it really comfortable.

IMO, you'd be best using the moby and then progressing to something else (connecta was my preferred SSC - tula was horribly uncomfortable) when baby gains head control. I adored my stretchy wrap and still miss it now. I'd choose that over anything for newborns always.

I use wovens and a wrap conversion mei tai now.

I just got a babasling :thumbup: but I also have a Lillebaby for baby and another for DS :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->